Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts

NL East.

Can't believe it is 8 years since we've won the division... really took it for granted making the playoffs and winning the division comfortably all those years.

I'm only 23, so all I knew growing up was us winning and making the playoffs. Can't imagine what it must've been like to have been as old as some of you and seen the doom and gloom days of past.

I cherished very much our Wild Card birth in 2010, and I am still sick to my stomach about last year's 1 game debacle.

I know this team may have a hard time putting up runs on the board without homeruns, but when we get Heyward back I think we have a really really dangerous team in the playoffs. I've mentioned it off and on in GDT's throughout the season that Simmons is one of those guys that you don't expect to come up big offensively, but he's going to be one of those guys that has a few clutch hits in the playoffs. You can see that fire and passion in him. Heyward is another guy who just looks like he refuses to lose. I expect him to give it everything this year in the postseason even if he's rusty.

Our pitching may be young and inexperienced, but I think they are also capable of shutting down a few teams with a few 7-8 IP outings.

Minor, Wood, Medlen, Teheran. To channel the ghost of Bill Shanks, those 4 guys have the makeup to not be intimidated in the playoffs and really go toe to toe with a Kershaw/Wainwright/Greinke. I know some of you think otherwise and think I'm being too optimistic, but watching these kids grow the last season has made me very impressed with their resiliency. Fredi's been holding them each on a leash, but I think in the playoffs he lets them loose.
    Forever Fredi

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    /unjinx
    Forever Fredi

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Welp.....l

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    If all we get is a division title this year, I'll be ecstatic.

We've been a weird, streaky team with highs and lows.

We lost Heyward to a freak injury. BJ has been horrible. Uggla has been himself.

Hudson, man think if we still had him this year.

I don't like us matching up against anyone but the Pirates, and they are due to hand us some karma

We are a young team, and I'm excited about the next few years.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Bull****! I want it all or nothing at all!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    If all we get is a division title this year, I'll be ecstatic.

We've been a weird, streaky team with highs and lows.

We lost Heyward to a freak injury. BJ has been horrible. Uggla has been himself.

Hudson, man think if we still had him this year.

I don't like us matching up against anyone but the Pirates, and they are due to hand us some karma

We are a young team, and I'm excited about the next few years.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    I at least want to win the NLDS against the Pirates or Reds, and if nothing else, compete with the Dodgers or Cards in the NLCS.

We've had more than our fair share of setbacks, but this is still the Atlanta Braves, and the organization shouldn't be satisfied with just getting there. I really would like to go to the WS. If we do and can't beat the Tigers or Red Sox, so be it. No one would give us a chance anyway.

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    We need to win the World Series to create the revenue needed to keep our core.

I'm glad that we're on our way to winning our first division in quite some time, but since it has been pretty much in the bag for the majority of the season, it doesn't feel too special. The fact we actually play a series is what is so good about it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary82 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (09-19-2013), JohnAdcox (09-19-2013)

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    This is another important point. ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    To me the minimum this a good season is to make the nlcs atleast not get blown out in it. Even when the streak was alive it had been a long time since we had been past the first round.

Baseball is a weird sport in that you have to build a team that a great regular season team can be a bad playoff team and a good team for playoff baseball might not be a good enough regular season team to even make the playoffs. In the nfl a playoff game is 1/16th of the season and in the nba its almost 10 percent. A 5 game serirs in baseball is like 3 percent of the season. It also is harder with added rounds. If the 90's braves who had the best record went straight to the ws like in the old days they would have more championships.

When it comes to the front office all I ask is they put out a good team consistently. I wouldn't take winning a world series if t meant 5 plus years of rebuilding. If you tell a gm its world series or bust he is going to destroy that franchise with bad free agent deals and trading the whole farm. We have a team that can win thr world series. It might take a well timed hot streak but we have sevreral players if going on a tear like that. I seem to recall BJ going on a tear that got the rays to their world series.

Lynchburg Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    It's only human nature to take it for granted when things get easy. It's like a hot chick taken all the flirts and guys asking them out for granted. Then when she gets old and wrinkly she wonders why she was like that. I was a fan in the 80's when they sucked really bad but I got used to it after awhile, lol. If you told me before the 1991 season the braves would make it to the World Series, I would of lol.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    I want to win a playoff series really bad, its been like forever since we won one. This year we are positioned to do it, I will consider the season a dissapointing one if we don't get that far.

I really don't expect much beyond that, but if we win the 1st round I'll probably delude myself into thinking we're going all the way.