Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    given the opportunity
    she didn't separate the political from the scientific

Kinda the mess we're in now huh ?
    At risk is the SC appointment. So.... why?

I don’t really follow the logic. Since this has become a party line lynch mob, I see no reason a candidate for either side
    to commit to ANYTHING that would be a hypothetical (not that climate change Is, but that there weren’t specifics spelled out)

I mean... that era is over in the public trial format. It basically ended with what... Kavanaugh ?

She’s a witch burn her!!!! She turned me into a newt!
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I read today she would have been better served taking the fifth than some of the answers she gave.

she did say that climate change was a political rather than a scientific issue
    Like her boss' response to Covid-19
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    I read today she would have been better served taking the fifth than some of the answers she gave.

she did say that climate change was a political rather than a scientific issue
    Like her boss' response to Covid-19
    “I read”

She Bryce Wilson’d it. Stone cold.

Find something else or someone else or at sometime else
    Ivermectin Man

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    No idea how the 5th amendment would even possibly be relevant to a global warming question. Is the accusation that she is a major methane producer or something?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Metaphysicist For This Useful Post:

Jaw (10-16-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    No idea how the 5th amendment would even possibly be relevant to a global warming question. Is the accusation that she is a major methane producer or something?
    Cow burps are her senior thesis
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The first paragraph I thought funny throw away and having nothing to do with the 2nd

The 2nd alarming.

Sorry I wasnt clear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    No, she didnt Bryce Wilson it.

Lets revisit her term in 4 or 5 years.

We ll see
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-16-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I'll just put this here and add that I am a fan of Diane Feinstein. She is well to my left politically, but she has always struck me as someone looking for constructive ways to work with people who do not agree 100% with her.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
    I detest most of her policy positions, but she is a statesman (stateswoman? statesperson?) Her closing remarks and the hug added a touch of dignity to a body that has been throwing it away for years, on both sides.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (10-16-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Heres the questions I would have for ACB, and first let me say I might have an issue putting a muslim person on the supreme court. No chance in hell if they were as muslim as ACB is Christian.

"In what circumstances if any should a Supreme Court Justice recuse themself from a case"

"If your christian faith should not be relevant to these hearings would you agree that the same should apply to a Muslim or Atheist nominee"

I happily identify as one of those evangelical Christians that so many of you have tried to paint as the boogeyman. This line of thinking you've laid out, and I said thinking instead of logic for a reason, amuses me.

Please, from the bottom of my heart I beg you, put a Muslim on the Court. If they believe in Sharia Law then that's even better. Put three or four of them on the Court.

I. Beg. You.

Those of us you've been treating like the villain in a Bond movie will do our best not to laugh when the cries of intolerance and fundamentalism and theocracy break out.
    Go get him!

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I happily identify as one of those evangelical Christians that so many of you have tried to paint as the boogeyman. This line of thinking you've laid out, and I said thinking instead of logic for a reason, amuses me.

Please, from the bottom of my heart I beg you, put a Muslim on the Court. If they believe in Sharia Law then that's even better. Put three or four of them on the Court.

I. Beg. You.

Those of us you've been treating like the villain in a Bond movie will do our best not to laugh when the cries of intolerance and fundamentalism and theocracy break out.
    Its baffling how the party of tolerance embraces Islam so much and hates Christianity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Did you not read the part where I said theres no chance I would vote for a devout Muslim for the same reason I wouldnt vote for a devout Christian.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts

I. Beg. You.

Christian's in this country have a long history of discrimination against atheists as well as various other groups that continues to this day. I literally had to quit my job and find a new one recently because I got an evangelical boss kept pushing it on me until I finally told her I was atheist. I know damned well that if an atheist was nominated most evangelicals will go bat**** crazy about it. I am not one of these idiots like Obama who pandered to people who spit in my eye. Go ahead and try and deny the long history of discrimination by your group. Quite frankly if your religion can be used to justify slavery then it's a **** religion.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Christian's in this country have a long history of discrimination against atheists as well as various other groups that continues to this day.
    To be fair, Christians have a history of being pretty rough on each other. A quality shared by Muslims. Internecine battles are often the most cruel.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Christianity cannot reasonably be used to justify slavery or discrimination. Quite the opposite in fact.

Why did telling your boss you're an atheist force you to quit?
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Christianity cannot reasonably be used to justify slavery or discrimination.

https://www.learnreligions.com/the-b...lavery-3893539

"I am your retribution."

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Christianity cannot reasonably be used to justify slavery or discrimination. Quite the opposite in fact. ?
    lol, I wish this were true, but... *gestures vaguely to American history*

The word "reasonably" is doing a lot of work there.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Christianity cannot reasonably be used to justify slavery or discrimination. Quite the opposite in fact.
    uh

what?

it literally has

this isn't a hypothetical
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts

Why did telling your boss you're an atheist force you to quit?

I normally just tell people I am Christian to avoid any awkwardness but she kept bringing it up to where I got tired of lying about it and just told her. Since then her attitude towards me did a 180. Always accusing me stuff I didnt do. We had a theft problem before she was assigned to our location and other employees told me that she was now convinced it was me and that she spends her first 1-2 hours every day following me on the cameras. I didnt work at the same time as her so she wasnt watching live. This went on for a month. My vacation time came up in June and she refused to let me take any of it although I offered to take it in any way that was convenient for her, all at one time or one day a week, whatever worked for her. She kept denting me until I asked her in a meeting with her boss which she was all kinds of upset about. So I put in my 2 weeks notice and she told me never to come back there.

On top of that I had only 1 other person whose shift overlapped with her. She was good at her job, cared about doing manhood job, and the customers liked her. Her and teenager for into and she quits. All of the work she did during my shift was now given to me on top of what I already did and I was already only getting about 75% of the amount of work she wanted done already. NownIbwas only getting 50% or less of what she wanted done and I didnt wanted be her whipping boy. I asked every other employee and they all said the same thing about getting assigned far more than they could complete and she would get upset about that. There was literally no employee meeting her expectations. Every job I have ever had my bosses loved me.

Edit - to be fair I had a coworker tell our boss at a job I was an atheist to our boss who was fairly religious like it was a big deal. Her reply was "so what". Generally I find younger religious people far more tolerant than older religious people. It's the old fart religious people I REALLY hate.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 10-16-2020 at 12:49 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Took the time to look up the SC case striker provided to learn that yes, it is legal to call anyone anything. As long as you smile
    Call a black person a N-gg-r just as long as you don't make them pick cotton in public view
    The case was decided in 1993 with Sandra Day O'Conner writing the opinion for a unanimous court on a case a woman brought to the court claiming a hostile workplace due to
    insults and slurs aimed her way
    I still find the the writing and attitudes of nominee Barrett --- ah, what is the use. She will prove herself one way or the other .
    As a famous TV star and failed businessman once quipped, " it is what it is"
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    board style manual suggests the following abbreviations

iiwii it is what it is

wysiwyg what you see is what you get

will save on typing in this thread and others

#conservebandwidth

"I am your retribution."