Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abortion

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    It is the willful taking of human life by lethal injection, dismemberment, poisoning, etc. It's an affront against human dignity. It's not the taking of a potential life but of life. Our society has deemed it not only allowable but having no legal/moral consequence. It has been morphed into a component of health and mothers must be at liberty to destroy the fruit of their wombs. Our society's practice of it is part-n-parcel of the sexual-revolution. It will not go away in any substantial way so long as it generates money, aids sexual liberty, and so long as our society's "heart" is hard and selfish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    So let me ask who thinks it should be illegal a few questions. At what point in the pregnancy should it be illegal. What type of penalty do you want for an abortion. What do you do about people who go to Canada or Mexico and get an abortion? What about abortions taking place in international waters? Would you support criminilizing people aiding them to get to another country to get abortions? Are we going to not let women travel overseas while pregnant?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/244709/...ic-tables.aspx

I find this interesting. The younger you are, the more educated, you are, and the more money you make the more likely you are to be pro-choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    It is the willful taking of human life by lethal injection, dismemberment, poisoning, etc. It's an affront against human dignity. It's not the taking of a potential life but of life. Our society has deemed it not only allowable but having no legal/moral consequence. It has been morphed into a component of health and mothers must be at liberty to destroy the fruit of their wombs. Our society's practice of it is part-n-parcel of the sexual-revolution. It will not go away in any substantial way so long as it generates money, aids sexual liberty, and so long as our society's "heart" is hard and selfish.
    It's the willful aborting of a human life. Fixed it for ya.

Society is also rather hard and judgemental toward young, single women having babies. Does society and govt really want to improve the safety net for these situations?
    Last edited by Runnin; 09-23-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

Society is also rather hard and judgemental toward young, single women having babies. Does society and govt really want to improve the safety net for these situations?

Care to answer Sturgs question “How does law treat murdering a pregnant woman?”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Who wants to investigate pregnant women who have a miscarriage. There will undoubtably be innocent women who would go to prison. Imagine your wife has a miscarriage and a nosey neighbor with a stick up their butt tells police tget dont think it was an accident now your wife's interrogated by police possibly facing charges after such a traumatic moment in life. Good times.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 09-23-2020 at 07:13 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Who wants to investigate pregnant women who have a miscarriage. There will undoubtably be innocent women who would go to prison. Imagine your wife has a miscarriage and a nosey neighbor with a stick up their butt tells police tget dont think it was an accident now your wife's interrogated by police possibly facing charges after such a traumatic moment in life. Good times.
    That possibility is horrifying. I would like to think it's only the truly crazy, awful people who would be ok with that but there are some of those. I think that would only happen in the worst parts of the country, but it's really upsetting to think about.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    So let me ask who thinks it should be illegal a few questions. At what point in the pregnancy should it be illegal. What type of penalty do you want for an abortion. What do you do about people who go to Canada or Mexico and get an abortion? What about abortions taking place in international waters? Would you support criminilizing people aiding them to get to another country to get abortions? Are we going to not let women travel overseas while pregnant?
    1. When the pregnancy is known

2. Up to the states... but what is the most common penalty for killing a baby?

3. I dont know how we currently treat people who go to Canada to kill someone... but I'd say we can start there

4. Yes

5. Why would I stop a woman from traveling while pregnant? Thats dumb

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    To continue -- its defense and its practice is dehumanizing. Like chattel slavery. It tends to desensitize its practitioners and advocates. It's a further outworking of an overwrought expressive individualism. It is the codification of that societal religion and it's sacrament. That's why it stirs the passions so.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

No need to fix it for me -- maybe for you friend.

Yes, society really doesn't give a rats ass about others, to be quite frank. That, sadly, is a deepening trait of our highly individualistic society that has secular materialist moorings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    I will say I'd be stunned if anyone changes their mind about this. Most issues I discuss are based on competing priorities or how to achieve an objective. I might think the other side is seriously misguided but there is some shared priority. For instance with Covid I think the administration is reckless and Covid is very serious, but I recognize that people being able to live their lives and people being able to make a living are valid priorities. Even if I strongly disagree with conservatives, I at least recognize that.

As far as abortion I reject pro-lifers underlying premises and priorities. We have no common ground. Really I've seen two things change people's minds. I've seen people become pro-choice after they or someone they have gone through has experienced the difficulties of an unwanted pregnancy. I've seen people become pro-life when they get older and generally get more religious. It's generally when they don't have to worry about pregnancy any more.

I'd discuss this more, but I realized I keep starting to type some things that are less than civil although they are pretty much how I feel, but I decided not to do that. I fundamentally don't like religious conservatives, and I categorically reject their world view. Frankly we have enough concerns for quality of life for those who have been born, and frankly I would like to see those people happy, healthy, and productive. Also I love when people tell other groups of people what they should do about an issue that by it's nature doesn't affect them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    I've seen people switch to very pro life when they had their first child.

My buddy recently changed his mind after the first sonogram.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Coredor, do you see yourself as being judgmental?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Coredor, do you see yourself as being judgmental?
    Generally no, but I have certain areas I don't have much tolerance for. Honestly I tend to be very understanding of those who have problems and deficiencies but mind their own business. However yeah I'm honestly pretty harsh on people who I don't think much of but try to impose themselves on others constantly. Honestly the group that I seem to be judging is one I know all too well. My mother was southern Baptist and let's just say she and her side of the family had opinions on this sort of thing. Nobody does judgemental like a southern Baptist church lady. Fortunately my dad and his family are awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    After Paul's episode yesterday i went back and looked at some old videos... Stumbled on this ad from his campaign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    One thing I dont understand is how can the constitution give the right to abortion but not to eat/drink/smoke what you want. It's my body it's my choice.

Also feel the need to point out how in a lot of places they have abortions because the baby is female.

It’s over."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
    Generally no, but I have certain areas I don't have much tolerance for. Honestly I tend to be very understanding of those who have problems and deficiencies but mind their own business. However yeah I'm honestly pretty harsh on people who I don't think much of but try to impose themselves on others constantly. Honestly the group that I seem to be judging is one I know all too well. My mother was southern Baptist and let's just say she and her side of the family had opinions on this sort of thing. Nobody does judgemental like a southern Baptist church lady. Fortunately my dad and his family are awesome.

I get that -- it's just that you come across as very judgmental. Wasn't sure if you mean to? Are unaware that you do? Or what.

We all are you know. It's a part of being human. Judgments have to be made all the time. I just hope to be honest about mine -- plank in the eye and all.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    One thing I dont understand is how can the constitution give the right to abortion but not to eat/drink/smoke what you want. It's my body it's my choice.

Also feel the need to point out how in a lot of places they have abortions because the baby is female.

That, of course is the point, it's not merely a mother's body. It's the life of another being aborted. Only anti-scientific, mental gymnastics allow one to think otherwise.

I remember having this conversation with a coworker years ago and she was the only one that I've actually interacted with who admitted the truth and said, "so what?" While I found her brutal honesty chilling, I did respect her not hiding behind euphemisms or employing anti-scientific rhetoric.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    No need to fix it for me -- maybe for you friend.

Yes, society really doesn't give a rats ass about others, to be quite frank. That, sadly, is a deepening trait of our highly individualistic society that has secular materialist moorings.
    I agree. I see a Christian community that has largely passed on taking a meaningful stands on poverty/economic inequality, compassion, non-violence and racial tolerance, all more central Christian ideals/morals I thought, for this relatively minor issue. It's easier to attack young, single mothers and a few doctors than the powers that be. It would be easier to join Christians on this issue if one saw them also fighting for the big issues that affect so many more people.

From a cynical point of view, abortion is the perfect issue for the right to take a sanctimonious stand on. It gets to decry the immorality of abortion while at the same time exacerbating the situation that causes it.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR