Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: GDT: 9/25 Red Sox @ Braves: Braves take the # 2

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    What is a fair Ozuna contract this off season. Not what the poor Braves will offer but what is a fair value for his services. He isn’t old per se. but being a DH devalues him somewhat. 3 plus an option maybe. Can he get 4-5?
    This will probably be the key. If someone that already has someone that they have to give a lot of DH ABs to (Martinez in Boston, Judge/Stanton in NY, etc.) and thinks they can get by for 2 more seasons with him playing defense a lot I could see 4 years but that's got to be pushing it if you're signing him as a full-time DH.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    What is a fair Ozuna contract this off season. Not what the poor Braves will offer but what is a fair value for his services. He isn’t old per se. but being a DH devalues him somewhat. 3 plus an option maybe. Can he get 4-5?
    No idea, but I really hope AA works his magic with ozuna. I love him in the middle of our lineup... well, assuming DH is here to stay.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    You’re forgetting Hank Aaron and Phil Niekro. Aaron had plenty of great years in Atlanta. And Phil Niekro had good years in the 80’s (your cutoff), plus helped the Braves win two division titles in Atlanta. You can’t just conveniently omit them.
    Fair.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    I just watched this game on replay. Firstly, Wright looked great. I'd love to know why the move to the 1st base side of the rubber made such a huge difference. Secondly, Melancon did not deserve that blown save. Albies could've turned two but his throw was weird. If Melancon had caught or even let the ball to him go, that would've been an out. His curveball to the next batter was a strike but called a ball. And then Hecch falling down.

And then Freeman. Wow. Not even starting and wins the game.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nerfherders For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-26-2020)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherders View Post
    I just watched this game on replay. Firstly, Wright looked great. I'd love to know why the move to the 1st base side of the rubber made such a huge difference. Secondly, Melancon did not deserve that blown save. Albies could've turned two but his throw was weird. If Melancon had caught or even let the ball to him go, that would've been an out. His curveball to the next batter was a strike but called a ball. And then Hecch falling down.

And then Freeman. Wow. Not even starting and wins the game.
    Indeed. Despite the naysayers, Melancon's been solid, if unspectacular: worth 0.2 fwar / 0.9 bwar, 4.01/4.74 fip/xfip; bad (but SSS) k/9, solid bb/9, good hr/9 (consistent with career rates), solid EVs (consistent with career rates). Again: solid, unspectacular, totally fine for the ninth, freeing up the better relievers for the real high-leverage situations.

But last night wasn't on him. He's the sort of pitcher a team has to play defense behind, and the Braves were not playing much defense in the ninth.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."