Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: GDT 10/8 NLDS Game 3: Get the brooms ready

NL Rookie of the Year CrazyTrain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i have not, but it's on my list as well. i have a lot on there. but like i said, it's lamb next. from there i'm probably doing short ribs, but a specific type i'm waiting for my butcher to call me on when he's got some. i'll check out his picanha next time i'm there.
    Find a local Brazilian market. I buy choice picanhas from my local mercado for $7.99 / lb.

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    sous vide is a heckuva safe way to cook for sure... also produces tender results. Venison does great in it too for the loins. I just think you can impart for flavor cooking on the grill the whole way.
    My editor and business partner swears by it, but I'm a big green egg man.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    sous vide is a heckuva safe way to cook for sure... also produces tender results. Venison does great in it too for the loins. I just think you can impart for flavor cooking on the grill the whole way.
    i love venison. buddy of mine has twice this year brought over some meat from a deer he shot just a few hours prior, but i haven't done them sous vide.
    i hear you on the grill the whole way part, but the 45-60 second sears do provide that smoky flavor (plus i use this seasoning called Hardcore Carnivore which also gives meat a super smoky flavor).
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAdcox View Post
    I have a Vision grill, a cheaper Kamado grill. I love the versatility.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    my girl's boss is huge on the big green egg, and he's made us short rib and lamb chops with it. they're certainly impressive, albeit expensive and seem like a lot of work? as in, you need to get it going every time you go to cook something. that said, i love that it can be used as a straight up smoker. i sort of want one. but i'm curious if you find it tough to use, say, on a weekly basis.

that said, people say the sous vide process sounds like a lot, but to me, it's really not. it takes about a minute to seal up the meat, and then i drop it in the water and don't think about it for 2+ hours.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    my girl's boss is huge on the big green egg, and he's made us short rib and lamb chops with it. they're certainly impressive, albeit expensive and seem like a lot of work? as in, you need to get it going every time you go to cook something. that said, i love that it can be used as a straight up smoker. i sort of want one. but i'm curious if you find it tough to use, say, on a weekly basis.

that said, people say the sous vide process sounds like a lot, but to me, it's really not. it takes about a minute to seal up the meat, and then i drop it in the water and don't think about it for 2+ hours.
    I was a gas guy for pure convenience, but picked up the kamado for fathers day a few years ago and thought I'd use it only on the weekends and use the gas during the week.

Once I lit up the kamado for the first time, I never used the gas again. It doesn't take long to start up... just clean the fire pit a bit, empty the ash tray and throw some new lump charcoal in. I have a electric element type of starter that gets the fire going in a few mins.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    I was a gas guy for pure convenience, but picked up the kamado for fathers day a few years ago and thought I'd use it only on the weekends and use the gas during the week.

Once I lit up the kamado for the first time, I never used the gas again. It doesn't take long to start up... just clean the fire pit a bit, empty the ash tray and throw some new lump charcoal in. I have a electric element type of starter that gets the fire going in a few mins.
    can you smoke on it? i'll have to do some research.
    i have a gas grill i use constantly, but i wouldn't mind having two. i love the flavor charcoal grills give.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    can you smoke on it? i'll have to do some research.
    i have a gas grill i use constantly, but i wouldn't mind having two. i love the flavor charcoal grills give.
    It's just like a green egg. Keep the temp low, throw the heat deflector on and and smoke away.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyTrain For This Useful Post:

Super (10-09-2020), Tapate50 (10-10-2020)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Enscheff is busy stalking around with his chest out again. So let's use this thread to discuss he and his toadies since they need the attention. No need to stay on topic since the topic isn't him. Might as well convert all threads to Enscheff, all day, all the time.

And.... this is exactly the point. You can't move on. You won't move on. And you believe, and probably correctly, that you don't have to move on, that you can just do whatever you want, whenever you want. You come back and kick sand in my face again, just because you think you can.

So, OK. Every chance I feel like it, from now on, I'm going to blow up and derail any thread where you appear. For any reason. Under any circumstances. At any time.

Mods, you've got a choice. Take out the trash permanently. Or perma-ban me. There is no cooling down/cooling off, "hey everybody just get along." I'm cool now. I just don't care and won't put up with it.

Face it. You've tried that and it doesn't work. What you've done is essentially enabled a bully and his toadies to ruin the experience for what I expect is a huge number of other posters. They can speak for themselves if they wish. They can choose my approach if they wish and run the bully and his toadies off by not enabling them and not standing for their actions. Or they can sit on their hands and grin when good 'ol Enscheff comes along for their lunch money. That's up to them.

For me, perma-ban me. That's cool. It's your board. Do as you wish. But at least everyone else will know where they stand.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Enscheff is busy stalking around with his chest out again. So let's use this thread to discuss he and his toadies since they need the attention. No need to stay on topic since the topic isn't him. Might as well convert all threads to Enscheff, all day, all the time.

And.... this is exactly the point. You can't move on. You won't move on. And you believe, and probably correctly, that you don't have to move on, that you can just do whatever you want, whenever you want. You come back and kick sand in my face again, just because you think you can.

So, OK. Every chance I feel like it, from now on, I'm going to blow up and derail any thread where you appear. For any reason. Under any circumstances. At any time.

Mods, you've got a choice. Take out the trash permanently. Or perma-ban me. There is no cooling down/cooling off, "hey everybody just get along." I'm cool now. I just don't care and won't put up with it.

Face it. You've tried that and it doesn't work. What you've done is essentially enabled a bully and his toadies to ruin the experience for what I expect is a huge number of other posters. They can speak for themselves if they wish. They can choose my approach if they wish and run the bully and his toadies off by not enabling them and not standing for their actions. Or they can sit on their hands and grin when good 'ol Enscheff comes along for their lunch money. That's up to them.

For me, perma-ban me. That's cool. It's your board. Do as you wish. But at least everyone else will know where they stand.
    Pathetic. Stop ruining my awesome GDT with your whining.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippyjms For This Useful Post:

Super (10-10-2020)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    HH: We're going to miss your insights when you are gone, whenever that ends up being. If you keep hijacking every thread it won't be long.

Look, Enscheff is insufferable at times, but adds a lot of great information to the board. I have been critical of him when warranted, and thanked him, also when warranted. I wish he would tone it down, but I can choose not to respond (and often do), in order to get the great information.

He is a fabulous contributor when talking about the Braves, but when talking about other posters... not so great. I don't have to respond.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-11-2020)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Only this board and fans can have people bickering over stupid **** when our team we love has advanced to the NLCS for the first time in 19 years and won their first playoff series in that same time.
    Forever Fredi

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (10-11-2020), jpx7 (10-11-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    Enscheff

Get off my lawn!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-11-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    HH

Get off my lawn!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-11-2020), salmagundy (10-11-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Only this board and fans can have people bickering over stupid **** when our team we love has advanced to the NLCS for the first time in 19 years and won their first playoff series in that same time.
    You let that boy Enscheff run roughshod over this place for far too long. Now it’s time to pay the piper.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

drewdat (10-10-2020), jpx7 (10-11-2020), Tapate50 (10-10-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Enscheff

It’s so much worse than when CM did it
    Ivermectin Man

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-11-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    My god, is Harry still crying because we are still giving him crap for wanting to trade Freeman and being wrong? Can we create a safe space for him somewhere?

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    Green Egg is amazing. Takes some time to get it up to temp, but the results are worth it. Strarted tinkering with brisket on it a few weeks back and ho lee cow. Well worth the 8hrs it takes to cook

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post

Kamado Joe?