Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: GDT: NLCS Game 6: Braves vs Dodgers Maximum Effort

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    it's time to stop pretending atlanta is somehow a small or even medium market. it's basically tied for the sixth biggest metro in the country and owns the entire south. ****ty tv deal does not equal small market.

MLB has been ****ing with the Braves for 20 years. I dont know why. Not gonna say it's because they hate us because it's ridiculous but it's hard to ignore the actions they take and who gets the short end of the stick. The whole TBS ****. Draft and follows. Rubber stamping the worst TV deal in MLB. If we arent a small market why did we have a TV deal comparable to what the Rays were getting. Seriously. The Ray's. Then there was that secret loan to the Nationals when they had a 40 million dollar higher payroll to us. Who members MLB telling Liberty media they could not spend more than they take in.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Mrs. Meta (10-18-2020)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    MLB has been ****ing with the Braves for 20 years. I dont know why. Not gonna say it's because they hate us because it's ridiculous but it's hard to ignore the actions they take and who gets the short end of the stick. The whole TBS ****. Draft and follows. Rubber stamping the worst TV deal in MLB. If we arent a small market why did we have a TV deal comparable to what the Rays were getting. Seriously. The Ray's. Then there was that secret loan to the Nationals when they had a 40 million dollar higher payroll to us. Who members MLB telling Liberty media they could not spend more than they take in.
    Cajun I agree with a lot of what you say but Liberty is the reason they don’t spend not MLB.
    Yes the tv deal is a joke but Liberty has never spent big and never will.
    We are a top ten market that is run like a mid level team and that’s because Liberty chooses to do it that way although I completely agree there has been some things that have went against us that MLB had a hand in.
    I wish I could find the article that was on ESPN a year or so ago that broke down the percentage of profit spent per team but we were dead last.
    They have instead put it into real estate and it looks like it will be so time before we see any benefit from that.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Niners for GDT

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulavol For This Useful Post:

salmagundy (10-18-2020)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,365 Posts
    Isn’t more Atlanta sports to be up big and not win.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    You are kidding yourselves if you think MLB doesnt rig things for big markets. Not in game things but the system is definitely rigged to help the big markets. MLB rubber stamped the worst local TV deal in the majors for the Braves in the same time period they veto'd a Dodgers TV deal worth more than 20 times the Braves deal. Who got that TV contract at a 90% discount? A TimeWarner owned company. Absolute horse****.
    Not to say anything is rigged, but doesn't MLB pull in tons of extra revenue just for the fact both of these series went to 7 games? I'd they had both been 4 game sweeps, that's 6 games of tv revenue they'd miss out on. Everything is motivated by money and MLB is no different.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Isn’t it common knowledge at this point that the Braves redid their TV contract and now it’s middle of the pack? I think it’s been this way for a few years now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Isn’t more Atlanta sports to be up big and not win.
    Absolutely it is... and it needs to start with something incredibly dumb like runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out and pache up playing hit and run with 2 strikes... pache Ks and runner thrown out so Acuna doesn't hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Not to say anything is rigged, but doesn't MLB pull in tons of extra revenue just for the fact both of these series went to 7 games? I'd they had both been 4 game sweeps, that's 6 games of tv revenue they'd miss out on. Everything is motivated by money and MLB is no different.
    Just not seeing it...we blew it ourselves in games 5/6....there was no outside source that made Will Smith choke or our hitters **** the bed with bases loaded and no outs vs Buehler...We as Braves now never want to put the blame where it truly lies....on the athletes.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    I really don’t know what to make of the game tonight. It’s very easy to pile on and just assume the worst will happen. That is probably the likely scenario, but baseball is often times funny in how it works. I expect to see some fireworks tonight. Not sure if those are good or bad ones, but I think we will see some drama tonight.
    I have a paper due before midnight tonight and will be working on it off/on all day. I got the GDT so folks can relax if something isn’t posted immediately when the lineups are announced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Just not seeing it...we blew it ourselves in games 5/6....there was no outside source that made Will Smith choke or our hitters **** the bed with bases loaded and no outs vs Buehler...We as Braves now never want to put the blame where it truly lies....on the athletes.
    I agree, I don't think they can rig it to make it 7 games. Just interesting how that worked out.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    The conspiracy theories have started.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Isn’t it common knowledge at this point that the Braves redid their TV contract and now it’s middle of the pack? I think it’s been this way for a few years now.
    They did renegotiate to get a better deal but its still a massive discount. All the other teams that had as bad of TV contract as us were 1-2 year deals. Ours was for 30 years. MLB veto'd a 2 billion dollar local tv deal for the Dodgers and rubber stamped ours for less than 500 million.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    As far as I know the TV revenue is the same no matter how many games they play. Its whoever has the rights to broadcast that would benefit from more games. The individual teams benefit from home playoff games but not sure how that works this season.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    As far as I know the TV revenue is the same no matter how many games they play. Its whoever has the rights to broadcast that would benefit from more games. The individual teams benefit from home playoff games but not sure how that works this season.
    Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. The only benefit then for a longer series aside from ticket sales is extra exposure from keeping the sport in the media

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Slippy...