Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT 10/18/2020 - Game 7 vs Dodgers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    That is not choking. The team played well and the Dodgers are a juggernaut. If we have a normalized BABIP the last two games we win the series. The base running blunder probably made no difference with the way Acuna has been hitting.
    Wtf does that even mean?

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Having Panda and Camargo as our best PH options is an absolute disaster.
    Sad thing is, I don’t see it changing this coming season with the cutbacks on deck.
    I believe that was our best chance to win it all until the economy bounces back due to the money tied into the battery.
    Sucks but not looking good for possible free agents or trades.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory Mrs. Meta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Funny how Sports has a way of accentuating stuff in one's personal life. This is going to take a while.
    "Water seeks its own level, and that will be the case with Francoeur." ~50PoundHead

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Meta For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-19-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I agree with this. It won't take much to get the Braves back next season, and take that next step
    "Texas Longhorns--Next Year's Big 12 Champions--2009 to 2019"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield10 View Post
    Guys... we lost to the best team in baseball and World Series champs... we had 0 pitching this season and all our young bucks put on for the squad. We had Ian Anderson start game 7 vs Dodgers. They were amazing. Kudos to all the youngins, this team will grow.

We lost our swag after the base running error. It was done after that. No momentum.

Live and learn we room it to them and a season that should have been awful turned into our best season in years.
    Rays gonna beat em. They have to

7. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-19-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    bringing in Minter...aye
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-19-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Big question is do the Braves have resources to try and get a little better to matchup with LA or will they just have to hope they manage to pull a 30% chance some time.

Extending lineup depth, rebuild pen, and then consider whether you can do something for rotation.
    Getting this far I think they will. They are so close right now. I do think TDA is a probably a 5 or 6 hole hitter and that’s not taking anything from him. We need to lengthen the lineup and 3b is probably the only spot in the infield we can do that. Bring back Ozuna and get a better 3b and we are in business. Then work on the bench and pitching. If we had Soroka I think we win it all honestly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Also with no days off our team was probably tired and so was the Dodgers. I’ll be glad when the COVID stuff is over and the stadiums can go back to normal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Big question is do the Braves have resources to try and get a little better to matchup with LA or will they just have to hope they manage to pull a 30% chance some time.

Extending lineup depth, rebuild pen, and then consider whether you can do something for rotation.
    Most of the improvement will continue to be internal. There is young pitching still finding its footing at the major league level. Some pitched well against the Dodgers. And Waters will eventually take a place in the outfield alongside Acuna and Pache. This team is set to have a long window of contention.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    Am I the only one rooting for the Dodgers? They are way overdue for a title. They need to go ahead and get it out of the way this year, that way the baseball gods will be a little more favorable to us next year.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworm View Post
    Sad thing is, I don’t see it changing this coming season with the cutbacks on deck.
    I believe that was our best chance to win it all until the economy bounces back due to the money tied into the battery.
    Unless the Braves cut payroll there are a lot of ways to make this team better for next year. Even if we can’t re-sign Ozuna. A Pederson/Duvall platoon shouldn’t cost too much to put together and could provide strong production from LF or DH as well as strengthening the bench. Waters should be up next year as well to strengthen the OF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworm View Post
    It may help actually bc we can take advantage of teams wanting to dump a few quality players to save money. We have a lot coming off the books so I think we’ll be fine.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    825 Posts
    You know, I can't blame Snitker as he was trying to cobble together a seven game stretch against an elite team with Fried, Anderson, and a very iffy Wright as his starters. We got a "once in a lifetime" outing from Minter in game five but our pitching (to include a generally strong but increasingly beleaguered bullpen) was running on fumes.

On one hand, I guess I should be happy we went as far as we did while, on the other, I just feel pretty empty right now. Hey, it's just a game played by a bunch of millionaires, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Am I the only one rooting for the Dodgers? They are way overdue for a title. They need to go ahead and get it out of the way this year, that way the baseball gods will be a little more favorable to us next year.
    screw those guys. Go Rays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    I'm throwing in the towel on baseball. I've loved it most of my life but the game is diseased beyond salvaging. There are many reasons for this.

I believe PEDs are again rampant in the game. Baseball's testing has always been laughable. They don't want to stop PED use, they just want people to stop asking about it.

Then you have MLB protecting their money making clubs. The punishment of the Braves and the lack of punishment for the Red Sox. Baseball actively trying to cover up the Yankees sign stealing.

I think that protection extends to slanting the playing field. MLB could heavily slant the playing field through having umpires manipulate the zone or through having juiced balls thrown to one team. And we're supposed to believe Baseball refuses to manipulate the results to ensure better ratings because they're noble people? They give up making lots more money for integrity? Yeah right.

Then you have the absolutely broken salary situation. A professional sports can't operate when a couple teams outspend others by $150 million.

The game is broken and I will waste no more of my time on it. I swore off the NFL a couple years ago, haven't watched a game since, and haven't missed it. I'm now swearing off MLB.

I'll still be around the other boards here as I've made friends here. But I'm done with baseball.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Also with no days off our team was probably tired and so was the Dodgers. I’ll be glad when the COVID stuff is over and the stadiums can go back to normal.
    I actually liked the no days off series. Every out in every game was important. Teams were forced to use the full roster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm throwing in the towel on baseball. I've loved it most of my life but the game is diseased beyond salvaging. There are many reasons for this.

I believe PEDs are again rampant in the game. Baseball's testing has always been laughable. They don't want to stop PED use, they just want people to stop asking about it.

Then you have MLB protecting their money making clubs. The punishment of the Braves and the lack of punishment for the Red Sox. Baseball actively trying to cover up the Yankees sign stealing.

I think that protection extends to slanting the playing field. MLB could heavily slant the playing field through having umpires manipulate the zone or through having juiced balls thrown to one team. And we're supposed to believe Baseball refuses to manipulate the results to ensure better ratings because they're noble people? They give up making lots more money for integrity? Yeah right.

Then you have the absolutely broken salary situation. A professional sports can't operate when a couple teams outspend others by $150 million.

The game is broken and I will waste no more of my time on it. I swore off the NFL a couple years ago, haven't watched a game since, and haven't missed it. I'm now swearing off MLB.

I'll still be around the other boards here as I've made friends here. But I'm done with baseball.
    The Rays say hello.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Anybody think Shewmake will be pretty similar to KeKe Hernandez? I’ve watched both play and they remind me of each other. Shewmake is just more versatile in the field. But Camargo, Culberson, and Neck have to go.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    bringing in Minter...aye
    Yeah that made no sense to me. Going back to Greene or even to O’Day would have been the move there. Also Martin vs Bellinger seemed like a mistake. Either pitch around him or bring in Smith to face him.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USMA76 View Post
    "Texas Longhorns--Next Year's Big 12 Champions--2009 to 2019"
    Horns down. Roll Tide!
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide