Thanked in
    314 Posts
    He will live and you will too.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    No DH report sounds a bit fishy. Maybe some negotiating ploy? A reporter from Minnesota is credited with the report. However, just a couple days ago Heyman said DH was here to stay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    He's gone anyway. As far as why I am celebrating, I want to see the game played as it should be. That 29 run game was a pathetic exhibition of baseball. With pitchers batting you wouldn't have had that mess.
    Why would you want Soroka coming off of an Achilles injury running the bases? Seems like an ignorant idea. The pitchers should worry about pitching and not hitting.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Why would you want Soroka coming off of an Achilles injury running the bases? Seems like an ignorant idea. The pitchers should worry about pitching and not hitting.
    Pitchers are grown men not china dolls to be kept on shelves. There is no good reason for pitchers not to hit. It's bad enough they put skirts on NFL players with nearly every hit being illegal. Now folks want to see it done in baseball? Just because a guy is coming off injury? Sports are about competing. If this is what it's turning into, I would never let my kid pitch.
    Last edited by VirginiaBrave; 10-23-2020 at 12:17 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    if the DH is gone, i'll be super bummed. watching pitchers hit is the worst thing about baseball.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    if the DH is gone, i'll be super bummed. watching pitchers hit is the worst thing about baseball.
    Yep.
    Garbage choice by MLB if true.
    Nobody is clamoring for the pitchers to hit.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    We should bring back timeless classics as hitting batters in the head for a bat flip. Spikes up for double plays. And lighting up a catcher at home. You know in the spirit of competition
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Pitchers are grown men not china dolls to be kept on shelves. There is no good reason for pitchers not to hit. It's bad enough they put skirts on NFL players with nearly every hit being illegal. Now folks want to see it done in baseball? Just because a guy is coming off injury? Sports are about competing. If this is what it's turning into, I would never let my kid pitch.
    Are you insane? There’s no good reason for pitchers to not hit? Injuries? Bc they suck? It’s boring to watch? And if it’s about competing then shouldn’t the DH be kept?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    No DH in NL in 2021!!! Thank God. One last year of real baseball. Gonna enjoy it!!!
    Typical post by someone who doesn't like the DH and eliminates the KEY word in report.

The word not being included is "Reportedly". And it's found in just 1 article. The article from Manfred doesn't mention the DH rule at all. It talks about the "extra innings rule and 3 batter rule.

FAKE news at best!!
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    No DH report sounds a bit fishy. Maybe some negotiating ploy? A reporter from Minnesota is credited with the report. However, just a couple days ago Heyman said DH was here to stay.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if it's gone for a year, although I agree the source is dubious. The owners want something they can "give up" to the players next year. This is an easy one, unless they've already given it up.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Are you insane? There’s no good reason for pitchers to not hit? Injuries? Bc they suck? It’s boring to watch? And if it’s about competing then shouldn’t the DH be kept?
    Nope, just a purist. The NL was fine w/o the DH since 1871 and it would be fine now. I am disabled and have all the time in the world to watch baseball. Even when I had to miss I would tape them. This is the first year I have ever missed games on purpose since 1982. I expect I will miss even more next year I just don't like this style of play.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Nope, just a purist. The NL was fine w/o the DH since 1871 and it would be fine now. I am disabled and have all the time in the world to watch baseball. Even when I had to miss I would tape them. This is the first year I have ever missed games on purpose since 1982. I expect I will miss even more next year I just don't like this style of play.
    Games change. Baseball is not and should not be immune to it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Skeeter31 (10-23-2020)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Games change. Baseball is not and should not be immune to it.
    As a purist, I couldn't disagree more.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    As a purist, I couldn't disagree more.
    So I guess you’re also against the new helmet face protector, or even ear flaps on helmets at all. You’re against flip down sunglasses for fielders. Must be against the lights at Wrigley as well huh? I mean if you are a purist and all. Maybe we should go back to those old times gloves they used to wear in the 20s?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Yep. Game should never change. Them colored folks should have never been allowed. Purist have no clue what they are even talking about. The game would die if they ran things. Thankfully the ‘purists’ are leaving baseball and the game actually has a chance to grow again.
    Coppy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Skeeter31 (10-23-2020)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Yep. Game should never change. Them colored folks should have never been allowed. Purist have no clue what they are even talking about. The game would die if they ran things. Thankfully the ‘purists’ are leaving baseball and the game actually has a chance to grow again.
    Matt, surprised at you. That first line totally unnecessary and uncalled for. Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter31 View Post
    So I guess you’re also against the new helmet face protector, or even ear flaps on helmets at all. You’re against flip down sunglasses for fielders. Must be against the lights at Wrigley as well huh? I mean if you are a purist and all. Maybe we should go back to those old times gloves they used to wear in the 20s?
    No, but for me personally baseball was at its best in the 1980s to 1996 and been going downhill ever since.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Matt, surprised at you. That first line totally unnecessary and uncalled for. Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
    Sorry if you thought I was calling you a racist. Not at all. But don’t be afraid of change. It can be good.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Boomers are hilarious, thinking “it’s always been that way” is a valid defense of any point.

Good news is boomers are wrong yet again, and the DH is coming. It’s just a matter of whether or not the owners are too greedy to let it happen before the next CBA. If they are we get to watch another season of terrible pitchers batting and predictable “strategy” boomers are proud to actually understand...it’s the limit of their brain pan, so they are keen to keep around the few things they understand.

Ever seen a boomer scream at a computer? Same thing as being against the DH or anything new. Too mentally limited to learn anything or consider new ideas.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I’ll go out on a limb and say he’s a racist boomer mask denying Trumpkin, and probably wearing a red Maga hat right now with Fox News on the tv in the background at all time. He’s literally spewing the typical “change is bad” ignorant nonsense they all embrace.

And you would be wrong!!! If you read any of my posts in the BBQ you would know that. I am anything but pro-Trump. I love it when I prove you wrong.