Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2021 season

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    And you would be wrong!!! If you read any of my posts in the BBQ you would know that. I am anything but pro-Trump. I love it when I prove you wrong.
    Well done boomer. Well done.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Well done boomer. Well done.
    Wrong again. I was born in 1973.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    No DH in NL in 2021!!! Thank God. One last year of real baseball. Gonna enjoy it!!!
    Wrong again!! or still!!! Different in "likely to return" and as you reported "likely not to return" by one of the fake news baseball guys as opposed to the Commish.

Latest Manfred article says "OCT. 23: Manfred told Dan Patrick “all of the COVID-related rule changes,” including extra innings, the universal DH and seven-inning doubleheaders, are likely to “return to the status quo, absent an agreement with the players association” in 2021."
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    First off, stop the back and forth

Secondly, anything you're reading about what the rules will be in 2021 is pure speculation right now. Just because Manfred wants some things doesn't mean they will happen. MLB is not going to make any announcements until after the World Series is over. They're not going to wait long about the DH because teams want to know because it will affect how they approach the offseason. The Braves are one of them. I look for an announcement on the DH no later than November 15.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (10-28-2020)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    For the record, I am officially a Baby Boomer (not especially proud of it but I had no control over when I was born) and I loathed the DH when it was established (and I still blanche at the sight of steroid-laced fatties like David Ortiz hanging around the game), but I have come to accept it as a part of an evolving game. The pitching mound was lowered. Guys don't run around in wool uniforms anymore. There have been a significant number of changes to the game and I don't think a universal DH ruins baseball. The state of pitching has changed and there used to be a fair number of pitchers who were very good hitters, but that was when the average fastball came in at 85 mph. There is still a handful of guys (Bumgarner, Fried, Lorenzen among them) that can still put up a battle at the plate, but the number has dwindled greatly.

I agree with CC that decisions relating to the 2020 rule changes (at least the one concerning the DH) will be announced within a week after the World Series so that teams and players can approach player personnel decisions from the outset of the process of roster-building for 2021. The decisions on the in-game changes (extra-inning rule, three-batter rule) don't have to be decided immediately.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Looks like the universal DH is in the players' court...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...expansion.html
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?