It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    No accountability.

What a joke.

Lin Wood, Donald Trump, Hawley, etc are all responsible. Embarrassment.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Serious question: were the people who broke into the building arrested? Maddow seems to be claiming they all just went home like nothing happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    From what I have heard 13 people were arrested. They were very undermanned and had little ability to arrest anyone while most of the chaos was going on.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-06-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    I supported this?
    If you have supported Trump, you have supported this. If you have railed against liberals while ignoring T's bs, you have supported this. But don't fret, I'm with you. I support this very ugly airing out of Orange One and his lies, as well as shining a spotlight on the insanity of his followers, and how easily people can be fooled.

That's the real takeaway here : Americans, at least 50% of them, are fools and will believe most anything you tell them. And T is basically telling everyone today that Mike Pence is responsible. That's his thanks for being a lapdog for 4 years. If Pence had a manly bone in his body... well.
    Last edited by Runnin; 01-06-2021 at 10:18 PM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    If Pence had a manly bone in his body... well.
    just a hunch...but tonight is gonna be the night of long knives
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    I want to preface this by saying I did vote for Trump in this past election. I did feel some disappointment when Joe Biden won. but I have been accepting of his victory and for the transition to his administration begin. Obviously, Donald Trump has not. At the beginning, I've had the attitude of if there was fraud, then lets see the evidence. Put it all out there to see. Trump, Giuliani, and the rest of that crowd have talked a big game and have backed it up with nothing. For the past weeks, since it's been apparent, is apparent, always had and always will be apparent that there was nothing, I've hoped he'd just end it so we the American people can move on. To my increasing frustration, he has not.

Today was an embarrassment to all right thinking Americans. The rest of the world watched as The United States of America looked like a bunch of buffoons. Because of an election that should not be contested. It was a true black eye for our nation. The actions of today was a display of idiocy not seen in a long time. The speech that Donald Trump made before the chaos ensued was inflammatory and unnecessary. What's more disheartening is that reports are say he rebuffed requests for the National Guard to intervene and stop the madness. Who does that? Then he continues to tweet (before Twitter suspended his account) about stolen elections. His only address was a recorded message. He should have been on live TV addressing the country and demanding the madness to stop and the rioters to leave. Aside from a short taped message and a few tweets, he didn't. And now, a lady has died in this. She didn't have to.

Donald Trump today did not lead. In not doing so, he let down the millions of right thinking Americans who supported his reelection campaign and went to the ballot box in a pandemic to vote for him. These last few weeks of shouting of election fraud with no evidence to show for it led to what happened today. I know there are reports of Antifa being involved. I would not doubt that is true, but instead of trying to keep peace, the opposite happened. He let me down. He let millions of others down. I've been losing support for him more and more these past few weeks. Today, I completely wash my hands of him. He's gone off the deep end and I just can't deal with that any longer. I'm hoping he comes to his senses (unlikely) and steps down or the 25th amendment is done. America has to move forward now. For the sake of the people.

Today was a dark day. George Washington and the rest of out founding fathers are probably rolling over in their graves tonight. I know many of you are probably rolling your eyes at me since I admitted I voted for him. I can understand why. But I hope you all understand. I was truly horrified and embarrassed at what happened. The man I voted for today, failed me and many other Americans and I am truly mad and embarrassed at him today. What I hope and pray now is this actually helps us as Americans actually do come together in some way. Right-minded people, many on both the Republican and Democratic sides, are angry at what happened. Are we going to channel that anger into in some way, bridging the divide? I pray to God that happens. If not, things may not improve any time soon.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-06-2021), Runnin (01-06-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    just a hunch...but tonight is gonna be the night of long knives
    If he fires Pence and enough of his Cabinet there won't be enough to invoke the 25th. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    If you have supported Trump, you have supported this. If you have railed against liberals while ignoring T's bs, you have supported this. But don't fret, I'm with you. I support this very ugly airing out of Orange One and his lies, as well as shining a spotlight on the insanity of his followers, and how easily people can be fooled.

That's the real takeaway here : Americans, at least 50% of them, are fools and will most anything you tell them. And T is basically telling everyone today that Mike Pence is responsible. That's his thanks for being a lapdog for 4 years. If Pence had a manly bone in his body... well.
    I hope the people you vote for give this a more open minded look if that's your takeaway.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Outstanding post CC. I wish I could say it that well.
    Go get him!

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    [QUOTE=Runnin;742413]If you have supported Trump/QUOTE]

I haven’t, but thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    I want to preface this by saying I did vote for Trump in this past election. I did feel some disappointment when Joe Biden won.
    Kudos for your honesty.

He's gone off the deep end and I just can't deal with that any longer. I'm hoping he comes to his senses (unlikely) and steps down or the 25th amendment is done. America has to move forward now. For the sake of the people.
    He started in the deep end and never once pivoted toward the center. I think today will only further embolden him. I think he loved today and is only disappointed they didn't get Pence on a stake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    This doesn’t surprise me- seems like removal may stoke more flames but still the right move ? Cant let precedence take hold?

Idk- what’s the strategy going forward?
    It's past time. The Senate should have convicted during the impeachment and the 25th should have been used as soon as he went loony with the election results.
    Go get him!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    I want to preface this by saying I did vote for Trump in this past election. I did feel some disappointment when Joe Biden won. but I have been accepting of his victory and for the transition to his administration begin. Obviously, Donald Trump has not. At the beginning, I've had the attitude of if there was fraud, then lets see the evidence. Put it all out there to see. Trump, Giuliani, and the rest of that crowd have talked a big game and have backed it up with nothing. For the past weeks, since it's been apparent, is apparent, always had and always will be apparent that there was nothing, I've hoped he'd just end it so we the American people can move on. To my increasing frustration, he has not.

Today was an embarrassment to all right thinking Americans. The rest of the world watched as The United States of America looked like a bunch of buffoons. Because of an election that should not be contested. It was a true black eye for our nation. The actions of today was a display of idiocy not seen in a long time. The speech that Donald Trump made before the chaos ensued was inflammatory and unnecessary. What's more disheartening is that reports are say he rebuffed requests for the National Guard to intervene and stop the madness. Who does that? Then he continues to tweet (before Twitter suspended his account) about stolen elections. His only address was a recorded message. He should have been on live TV addressing the country and demanding the madness to stop and the rioters to leave. Aside from a short taped message and a few tweets, he didn't. And now, a lady has died in this. She didn't have to.

Donald Trump today did not lead. In not doing so, he let down the millions of right thinking Americans who supported his reelection campaign and went to the ballot box in a pandemic to vote for him. These last few weeks of shouting of election fraud with no evidence to show for it led to what happened today. I know there are reports of Antifa being involved. I would not doubt that is true, but instead of trying to keep peace, the opposite happened. He let me down. He let millions of others down. I've been losing support for him more and more these past few weeks. Today, I completely wash my hands of him. He's gone off the deep end and I just can't deal with that any longer. I'm hoping he comes to his senses (unlikely) and steps down or the 25th amendment is done. America has to move forward now. For the sake of the people.

Today was a dark day. George Washington and the rest of out founding fathers are probably rolling over in their graves tonight. I know many of you are probably rolling your eyes at me since I admitted I voted for him. I can understand why. But I hope you all understand. I was truly horrified and embarrassed at what happened. The man I voted for today, failed me and many other Americans and I am truly mad and embarrassed at him today. What I hope and pray now is this actually helps us as Americans actually do come together in some way. Right-minded people, many on both the Republican and Democratic sides, are angry at what happened. Are we going to channel that anger into in some way, bridging the divide? I pray to God that happens. If not, things may not improve any time soon.
    To be clear, your boy was blowing this dog whistle for 4 years now, so to suddenly act like you just became aware of what Trump is rings hollow. The events of today were foreseen by everyone who was paying attention. The events of today are the only logical conclusion of everything he’s spent the last year doing.

As a newly minted ex-republican registered as an independent, I see no way anyone with an IQ over 50 can claim they didn’t see what Trump was doing. I find it impossible to believe anyone is that naive or stupid. He wasn’t being elusive. He never waivered. He was loud and proud about everything. He was this person from day 1, and there’s no way anyone paying attention could miss it.

You, and all his supporters, were so desperate to embrace the conservative values that the GOP no longer represents, that you were willing to support him despite knowing full well what he is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Andrew Ross Sorkin
    @andrewrsorkin
    So Trump has access to the nuclear codes but he can't Tweet or post to Facebook.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I work with a guy who is a former marine corp officer and has everyone in his Rolodex. Seriously, the guy knows tons of influential people.

He said today the US has to maneuver some of its armed forces around to make sure China or Russia didn't use the chaos as cover to move against Taiwan or the Ukraine respectively.

The stakes are bigger than broken windows. The US is the world's hegemon. Don't think for minute that other countries wont take advantage of cracks in our system.

I had previously thought Trumpites were foolish but largely harmless. No more. Now I'm suporting using the 25th amendment against Trump. This was a bridge too far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

Not sure how to properly embed this

Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I also find it hard to believe people cant see Trump for who he is but we need to respect that we all get a vote. The problem as I see it is we do not have a third option. I feel like we desperately need ranked choice voting because every election feels like both sides vote the alternative as literal Hitler.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 01-06-2021 at 10:27 PM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (01-06-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    To be clear, your boy was blowing this dog whistle for 4 years now, so to suddenly act like you just became aware of what Trump is rings hollow. The events of today were foreseen by everyone who was paying attention. The events of today are the only logical conclusion of everything he’s spent the last year doing.

As a newly minted ex-republican registered as an independent, I see no way anyone with an IQ over 50 can claim they didn’t see what Trump was doing. I find it impossible to believe anyone is that naive or stupid. He wasn’t being elusive. He never waivered. He was loud and proud about everything. He was this person from day 1, and there’s no way anyone paying attention could miss it.

You, and all his supporters, were so desperate to embrace the conservative values that the GOP no longer represents, that you were willing to support him despite knowing full well what he is.
    Based on today, not too much I can say in defense. The anger I feel today, I assure you, is not hollow.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Runnin (01-06-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

I know there are reports of Antifa being involved. I would not doubt that is true
    That kool-aid tastes good doesnt it
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    That kool-aid tastes good doesnt it
    Just seeing what I've seen reported. Does not excuse it any. No Kool-Aid here