Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 8827

Thread: GDT: 11/3/20, Election Day, Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph R. Biden

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    over a hundred House Republicans just voted to toss out Arizona's electors just cuz the results didn't go their way

sorry guys I'm happy that's no longer my "side"
    I’m a conservative independent with no desire to register as a Republican ever again. I hope all these losers fail miserably in 2 years.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-06-2021), goldfly (01-06-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I’m a conservative independent with no desire to register as a Republican ever again. I hope all these losers fail miserably in 2 years.
    My only hope is a new Conservative party emerges from this fiasco. I don’t think I can handle voting for a Democrat again, but if the other choice is Trump Jr I will have no choice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-06-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    My only hope is a new Conservative party emerges from this fiasco. I don’t think I can handle voting for a Democrat again.
    I think one will but it will take at least 8 years.

It’s a shame. Conservative populism is a winning platform, but you can’t win that vote without being a complete trumptard

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,808 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    over a hundred House Republicans just voted to toss out Arizona's electors just cuz the results didn't go their way
    I wasn't happy with the results either, but I've moved on. It's time for them to do so as well. They're just sinking with the ship at this point.

Joe Biden will be president. Quit this grandstanding and figure out ways to better this country.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-06-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    They were already pretty deep in my penalty box. But after today, I don't think I have enough lifespan left for them to get out.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Here’s the thing...you have no such data

I don’t give 2 ****s about the color of the unarmed person killed by police. All I care about is that police misused their awesome power, and are very rarely held accountable.

Now if you are still under the false impression white grievance politics has brainwashed you into thinking that minorities have the same privilege as whites, and you lack the self awareness to see it, there’s literally nothing to debate.

I grew up in a house with a dirt floor and got to eat meat when I went out in the woods and killed something. Then I had the privilege of working a full time job while I went to high school, and started working 80 hour weeks the day that I graduated. Please, tell me how privileged I am while you dare snivel that I'm the one who has been brainwashed despite you parroting talking points.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    House voted 303-121 against disenfranchising Arizona voters. Senate voted 93-6
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    It is a disgrace that so many voted for it.
    Go get him!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-06-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I grew up in a house with a dirt floor and got to eat meat when I went out in the woods and killed something. Then I had the privilege of working a full time job while I went to high school, and started working 80 hour weeks the day that I graduated. Please, tell me how privileged I am while you dare snivel that I'm the one who has been brainwashed despite you parroting talking points.
    Your privilege is that your poor upbringing didn’t happen in a drug and gang ridden area. You were given the benefit of the doubt by police and other citizens your entire life because you are white. I had the same advantages, the difference is I can admit it.

So congrats on making something of yourself. You took your white privilege and made something of it. Just because you had an advantage over a similarly poor black kid doesn’t lessen your accomplishments.

You have literally spouted off the definition of white grievance politics...and you lack the self awareness to realize it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    I think one will but it will take at least 8 years.

It’s a shame. Conservative populism is a winning platform, but you can’t win that vote without being a complete trumptard
    This is pretty accurate. Conservative populism would be very difficult for democrats to deal with if anyone but Trump had blazed that trail. It even makes inroads with minority voters.

Sadly Trump took a dump in that pool and has ruined it for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I hope today is the turning point. Politics in this country has been a game of one upsmanship for far too long. One party does something, the other takes it to the next level.

I hope today starts the repudiation of extremism. We can disagree and debate a great many things but the core aspects of the system must be guarded and preserved.
    That's a nice thought.

Meanwhile, Fox News and T are still spouting lies and encouraging the next wave.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    The president of the United States of America is currently a ranting teenager locked out of social media for 12 hours, complaining about being betrayed.

It is unfathomable that this is the leader of the free world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    That's a nice thought.

Meanwhile, Fox News and T are still spouting lies and encouraging the next wave.
    More people need to have nice thoughts.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-06-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Your privilege is that your poor upbringing didn’t happen in a drug and gang ridden area. You were given the benefit of the doubt by police and other citizens your entire life because you are white. I had the same advantages, the difference is I can admit it.

So congrats on making something of yourself. You took your white privilege and made something of it. Just because you had an advantage over a similarly poor black kid doesn’t lessen your accomplishments.

You have literally spouted off the definition of white grievance politics...and you lack the self awareness to realize it.
    And you're spouting the ignorance of elitism. I've had a cop pull a gun on me for walking to work down a road where "someone like me" shouldn't be. You're also apparently ignorant of how often poverty and drugs or domestic abuse are connected, regardless of race. But that's not your fault. You've been indoctrinated to that.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    The president of the United States of America is currently a ranting teenager locked out of social media for 12 hours, complaining about being betrayed.

It is unfathomable that this is the leader of the free world.
    It's worse than that. The US could fight every other country in the world allied against it and win. That power is vested in Trump.

Let that sink in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    I am hearing that Pence's Chief of Staff is being denied entry to the White House now.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    This is pretty accurate. Conservative populism would be very difficult for democrats to deal with if anyone but Trump had blazed that trail. It even makes inroads with minority voters.

Sadly Trump took a dump in that pool and has ruined it for a while.
    Cotton has walked the line of calling out the crazy while vocally supporting the policies.
    Go get him!

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,808 Posts
    As you guys have noticed, I don't venture over here often. I'm not scared to talk politics. It's just not something I enjoy. Mainly because I enjoy having civil conversations and politics rarely contains that. College football talk between Alabama and Auburn fans are a ton more civil that political. Today's events, however, I could not say silent about and I had to get it off my chest in a forum. This was an occasion right-thinking Americans could not stay silent. I knew I'd get roasted for admitting I voted for Donald Trump, but I felt I needed to in order to be transparent in reflecting my thoughts of today's stupidity. Today was bad. There's no way around it. Hopefully, as crazy as it may sound, it becomes a tool in helping bridge sides and brings more understanding. I do believe in prayer and my prayer is that The United States of America will quickly pass this dark event into brighter days. This country has had its fair share of trials and tribulations in the past. Many worse than this. We'll pass this test as well.

God Bless......................................And Go Braves!
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-07-2021), nsacpi (01-06-2021), Runnin (01-07-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Wow, Republican objects to Georgia but says after the events of today all Senators removed their support for the objection.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    As you guys have noticed, I don't venture over here often. I'm not scared to talk politics. It's just not something I enjoy. Mainly because I enjoy having civil conversations and politics rarely contains that. College football talk between Alabama and Auburn fans are a ton more civil that political. Today's events, however, I could not say silent about and I had to get it off my chest in a forum. This was an occasion right-thinking Americans could not stay silent. I knew I'd get roasted for admitting I voted for Donald Trump, but I felt I needed to in order to be transparent in reflecting my thoughts of today's stupidity. Today was bad. There's no way around it. Hopefully, as crazy as it may sound, it becomes a tool in helping bridge sides and brings more understanding. I do believe in prayer and my prayer is that The United States of America will quickly pass this dark event into brighter days. This country has had its fair share of trials and tribulations in the past. Many worse than this. We'll pass this test as well.

God Bless......................................And Go Braves!
    Well said.

I try to never judge people based on who they voted for. Who you pick on your ballot is none of my business.

That being said, I hope the craziness of today helps people realize we're all Americans. We can disagree but that doesn't make us any less part of the same tribe.

Go Braves!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

CrimsonCowboy (01-06-2021), Tapate50 (01-07-2021)