Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 8827

Thread: GDT: 11/3/20, Election Day, Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph R. Biden

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I want to make martyrs out of these terrorists
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What part of that do you think de-escalates this situation. 25th amendment is a pipe dream that has no chance in reality. Everything is going to be okay.
    I think stomping this out is what needs to happen. Some of these people are rotten to the core. We're not talking about good people who're mislead, there are some very bad people out there, and if they won't disperse on threats of terrorism charges, then arrest them and lock them up.

As far as Donny, it's a long time coming, I know no one will do it to him, because he is impotent. But he should be called what he is, a traitor.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Bruce Wayne: The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?

Alfred: Yes.

Bruce Wayne: How?

Alfred: We burned the forest down.

When dealing with people who are already crossing this line, you have to push back. Unless you want this reaction anytime Donny Boy sends out a stupid tweet.
    Oh I agree. Public punishment is appropriate.

Just saying that we have been dealing with violent riots all year and nothing but excuses were made for them until today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    They could. The violence it would take is just hard for most Americans to accept. I certainly dont support the slaughter of these people despite their deplorable behavior.
    I need to say that I respect your consistency regarding today's protest/riot. It's principled. We all need more of it.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Yeah. I agree with cajun. Exercise some patience. Move these people out without violence. Prosecute to the full extent of the law.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,737 Posts
    Biden giving a good speech. Its gonna trigger MAGA more than help but its a good speech.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    the last thing we need is more republicans in office. too many of them encouraged these terrorists.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Yeah. I agree with cajun. Exercise some patience. Move these people out without violence. Prosecute to the full extent of the law.
    this is how it should always be handled. unfortunately it’s not at all how less severe things were handled last year. the goal should always be to deescalate. but when it’s one group, the police always always always escalate.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I can't wait to see which rights the left will demand be taken away due to this event. Should be fun to see unfold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    this is how it should always be handled. unfortunately it’s not at all how less severe things were handled last year. the goal should always be to deescalate. but when it’s one group, the police always always always escalate.
    Say what?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Oh I agree. Public punishment is appropriate.

Just saying that we have been dealing with violent riots all year and nothing but excuses were made for them until today
    I've never excused rioting in any form. I was not a fan of the protesting during a pandemic, but I at least understood why they were taking place. What's happening today is borderline domestic terrorism.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Just catching up on the news of the day and I’m frankly embarrassed. Trump era can’t end soon enough. There isn’t a policy bad enough that Biden could push that would be as damaging as this circus.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-06-2021), Carp (01-06-2021), DaneHill (01-08-2021), goldfly (01-06-2021), nsacpi (01-06-2021)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Constitution boy in here giving excuses for an armed rebellion against a free and fair election and constitutional process
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (01-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Just catching up on the news of the day and I’m frankly embarrassed. Trump era can’t end soon enough. There isn’t a policy bad enough that Biden could push that would be as damaging as this circus.
    Disagree... a national lockdown kills people, kills jobs, creates poverty and unrest, and sets children back years.

Today was embarrassing... but sadly what we've gone to expect from petulant children over the course of the last year

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I stay out of here to avoid the virtual p*ss, but today's just a culmination of a long-harbored set of grievances (somewhat imagined) by some real fringe elements that the Republicans have chosen to dance with (and, yes, the Dems are dancing with some undesirables as well). Here's a good book on it. Belew obviously has, if not an axe, a pretty big knife she's grinding to a very sharp edge, but it's a fairly solid narrative on some of these underground groups.

Sad day in America, but this really shouldn't surprise anyone. It's been brewing for a while and Trump became the vessel for a lot of anger. I've always thought his biggest weakness is an inability to trust insights outside his fairly narrow comfort zone. Better, less obsequious, people around him would have helped avoid this tragedy (and, yes, as someone who has spent over 40 years in politics/government, it's a tragedy).

PS--The lockdown has been extremely trying and troublesome, but don't let that be an out for what happened today. These fringe groups have been waiting patiently for their moment and, like the old saying about luck, this is a day where preparation met opportunity. This would have probably happened if Trump lost, lockdown or not.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 01-06-2021 at 04:32 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (01-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Constitution boy in here giving excuses for an armed rebellion against a free and fair election and constitutional process
    Constitution boy says arrest them all

Wish you could learn to say that consistently

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    this is what happens when one party refuses to deal in facts and instead entertains and encourages trump’s lies and lawlessness.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

DaneHill (01-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I stay out of here to avoid the virtual p*ss, but today's just a culmination of a long-harbored set of grievances (somewhat imagined) by some real fringe elements that the Republicans have chosen to dance with (and, yes, the Dems are dancing with some undesirables as well). Here's a good book on it. Belew obviously has, if not an axe, a pretty big knife she's grinding to a very sharp edge, but it's a fairly solid narrative on some of these underground groups.

Sad day in America, but this really shouldn't surprise anyone. It's been brewing for a while and Trump became the vessel for a lot of anger. I've always thought his biggest weakness is an inability to trust insights outside his fairly narrow comfort zone. Better, less obsequious, people around him would have helped avoid this tragedy (and, yes, as someone who has spent over 40 years in politics/government, it's a tragedy).
    I'll add this to my list.

I think things like censorship and echo chambers due nothing but ostracized and motivate people like this. Add in a national lockdown and a media that lies about everything and you get your boiling point.

I'm certain there will be more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,737 Posts
    Trump to his credit has gone on TV and asked the protesters to go home. As much credit as I can give the person who built the fire and ignited it for pouring some water on it.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post

PS--The lockdown has been extremely trying and troublesome, but don't let that be an out for what happened today. These fringe groups have been waiting patiently for their moment and, like the old saying about luck, this is a day where preparation met opportunity. This would have probably happened if Trump lost, lockdown or not.
    I think there is two parts to this. There is a mob. But a mob is basically energy. Without direction.

Eventually some mobs find leadership. Sometimes the leadership channels that energy in a constructive direction. Sometimes in a destructive direction.

The two parts are the mob and the leadership it sometimes finds. They are somewhat separate things. Mobs can go from apolitical to political depending on the leadership.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."