Page 55 of 600 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 11999

Thread: The Biden Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I’d agree that stupidity is a common theme amongst most people but the it’s more prevalent now on the left as the media is used as a propaganda machine. Time and time again we have shown examples at outright misinformation and withholding of information.
    1 out of 6 Biden voters Said they would have changed their vote if they knew about the hunter biden laptop.

That’s a big ****ing deal
    But some dudes crapping in the Capitol and putting their feet up on Nancy's desk is the insurrection.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    But some dudes crapping in the Capitol and putting their feet up on Nancy's desk is the insurrection.
    The Capitol is a sacred temple to people who's religion is politics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The propaganda is working even on smart people like striker.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Basically 13 million people (if you believe that absurdity of his 80 million number) were completely fooled into voting for a vassal of the CCP.

And people want to talk about requesting an audit of mail in voting is a democracy crusher.

These are unserious people and it’s just a diversion to assume absolute power. We have to fight them at every turn and forget there will ever be a reconciliation with this generation of idiots.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I agree with striker's points, but I disagree that the board hasn't already been flipped.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I agree with striker's points, but I disagree that the board hasn't already been flipped.
    Oh striker is a master at logical thought.

I took unbridge with the terminology used of ‘delusion’.

Any reasonable observation of the facts shows the delusion is believing the election was fair.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    I've always thought the word "insurrection" to describe what happened gave the people way more credit than they deserved. It was a riot.

As for the other theories (e.g. stolen election), I arrived at my positions not through propaganda but instead through reasoning. To swing the election for Biden to the degree the stolen election theory requires would have necessitated a massive conspiracy across multiple states involving hundreds of people. It's pretty much impossible to keep something like that a secret. Someone at some point would roll on the rest of the group.

I do think there's plenty of shenanigans in most elections. I think the new hotness this year was ballot harvesting with the absentee ballots. We already have seen both parties affect some elections in California with ballot harvesting and I think we probably saw a fair bit of it across the country last year (even in states where it's illegal, like Georgia). But that kind of stuff is ground level, not the result of corrupt election officials dropping in thousands of fake ballots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I've always thought the word "insurrection" to describe what happened gave the people way more credit than they deserved. It was a riot.

As for the other theories (e.g. stolen election), I arrived at my positions not through propaganda but instead through reasoning. To swing the election for Biden to the degree the stolen election theory requires would have necessitated a massive conspiracy across multiple states involving hundreds of people. It's pretty much impossible to keep something like that a secret. Someone at some point would roll on the rest of the group.

I do think there's plenty of shenanigans in most elections. I think the new hotness this year was ballot harvesting with the absentee ballots. We already have seen both parties affect some elections in California with ballot harvesting and I think we probably saw a fair bit of it across the country last year (even in states where it's illegal, like Georgia). But that kind of stuff is ground level, not the result of corrupt election officials dropping in thousands of fake ballots.
    Audits were outright refused.

Chain of custody lose for hundreds of thousands of votes.

Election laws were changed unconstitutionally.

Real news was kept from voters.

Big tech invested hundreds of millions in low income neighborhoods to ‘grease’ the wheel.

Again, if the election was fair it could have been dispelled in one week with a true independent audit. Any reasonable person has to ask themselves why that was so difficult to get and the actual request was met with vitriol and accusations of anti democracy.

The final tell was the fallback to identity politics and call anyone questioning the vote counts in traditional fraud ridden areas as racist.

Let’s see how many votes the democrats get when they don’t have covid as an excuse to do mail ins.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I was referring to the government/media/academia alliance as flipping the board, not vote shenanigans.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I was referring to the government/media/academia alliance as flipping the board, not vote shenanigans.
    I’m aware I’m a lone wolf here.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Welp, Garland is making me eat my words. It's only terrorism to blow up government buildings during business hours, apparently.

Go get him!

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Thethe is fully back!

All the same qanon horse**** at full throttle

And he has a lapdog that filled his space during his absence with him lock step now
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Welp, Garland is making me eat my words. It's only terrorism to blow up government buildings during business hours, apparently.

Ew
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I’m not going to take the stance of the Democratic Party doing a particularly good job with blue collar voters, but saying it’s a trend we’ve seen over the past 4 years is slightly undercut by Trump doing worse in 2020 than in 2016.

There’s also this:

https://inequality.org/great-divide/...voter-turnout/

I’m guessing this source isn’t exactly the least biased, but I’m pretty sure the numbers are generally right about low income voters. I think the question worth asking is what exactly a blue collar worker is, and how important they are depending on that definition. If it means low-income workers, the point is wrong. If it means factory workers in rural counties, it might not mean much. I think it’s possible that we’ve come to a point where blue collar needs to be updated if it’s still considered the latter.

There’s a lot to unpack around shifting demographics and future elections. Just because poor people in cities voted for Biden over Trump, it doesn’t mean it will work for Dems in the future and they might need to recommit to a broader populism, but the results in 2020 compared to 2016 are hardly a cause for deep concern.
    Last edited by mqt; 02-23-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I think low income voters are in for a rude awakening of the flood gates are opening on legalization of illegals. Wages will plummet. Jobs will be scarce.

But your point is an interesting one and it’s sad that so much low income voters aren’t being considered blue collar anymore. I think we need to understand why that is and why is the low income voters voting bloc growing so much. The establishment parties represent the wealthy and the disparity of wealth grows. I’m fortunate that thought work is in such high demand and coupled with a great new job before covid and flexibility to work from home my personal situation has gotten much better by orders of magnitude.

I think when you look at the composition of campaign donations to the parties now it tells you where the shift is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I think low income voters are in for a rude awakening of the flood gates are opening on legalization of illegals. Wages will plummet. Jobs will be scarce.

But your point is an interesting one and it’s sad that so much low income voters aren’t being considered blue collar anymore. I think we need to understand why that is and why is the low income voters voting bloc growing so much. The establishment parties represent the wealthy and the disparity of wealth grows. I’m fortunate that thought work is in such high demand and coupled with a great new job before covid and flexibility to work from home my personal situation has gotten much better by orders of magnitude.

I think when you look at the composition of campaign donations to the parties now it tells you where the shift is.
    I personally think the greater danger is automation, but I understand your point. I think that ultimately the answer moving forward needs to center around truly helping those in need. You and I will obviously hold different views on how to accomplish that, but the biggest issue I see is those in power not having that be the end goal. A real populist message doesn’t have to be urban or rural, and it doesn’t have to center around nationalism or protectionism. It just has to put workers first and help those who are vulnerable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I personally think the greater danger is automation, but I understand your point. I think that ultimately the answer moving forward needs to center around truly helping those in need. You and I will obviously hold different views on how to accomplish that, but the biggest issue I see is those in power not having that be the end goal. A real populist message doesn’t have to be urban or rural, and it doesn’t have to center around nationalism or protectionism. It just has to put workers first and help those who are vulnerable.
    Any party catered to the rich has no interest in helping the poor. Be mindful of where political contributions are coming from.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I bet the two of you, or the three of us, would mostly agree on how best to help them. I think most of the population would if it was broken down one policy at a time. We would probably agree on who should be paying for it as well. That's the danger of a populist party to the elites/oligarchy/deep state/rich or whatever you want to call them. That's why anyone pushing in that direction gets trashed. They own both parties.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts

Why would people vote for the President who has the worst economic record since Hoover to fix the economy? You really that gung ho to lose another 4 million jobs from his incompetence?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.