Page 57 of 591 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 11807

Thread: The Biden Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Yeah, without Trumps massive failures he would have won in a landslide. Great take there.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Ccp!!!!!
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Maintaining a Navy is a Constitutional requirement of the federal government, so naturally that is the first place they look for cash to buy vot...I mean, offset spending.

https://news.usni.org/2021/02/24/pen...s-shipbuilding

The Pentagon is performing a “budget relook” of the Trump administration’s Fiscal Year 2022 proposal, with Navy shipbuilding topping the list of items for reassessment, USNI News has learned.

The directive, issued on Feb. 17, calls for the Pentagon’s Director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) to look at a range of line items in the defense budget, including Navy shipbuilding and areas where the Defense Department can get rid of legacy aircraft and ship capabilities.

The instructions from Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks also order CAPE to evaluate long-range fires, low-yield nuclear weapons, and aviation programs like the Air Force KC-46 tanker, the F-35 Lighting II Joint Strike Fighter and the Air Force’s MQ-9 Reaper. CAPE should also assess “extant FY 2022 investments and FY 2023 opportunities” for the Biden administration’s Build Back Better initiative and climate investments for FY 2023 through FY 2027, according to the memo reviewed by USNI News.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Trump left such a depleted military. I hear they had no tanks left. Good to see President Biden restoring the military.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-...al-louis-dejoy

Biden begins the process to fire DeJoy. Surely DeJoy will be very happy to give up his 100k a year job to go back into the private market. Because he totally took that job because he care about the health of the USPS. Hopefully any company associated with DeJoy is banned from future contracts with the USPS.

It’s over."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-25-2021)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Maintaining a Navy is a Constitutional requirement of the federal government, so naturally that is the first place they look for cash to buy vot...I mean, offset spending.

https://news.usni.org/2021/02/24/pen...s-shipbuilding

The Pentagon is performing a “budget relook” of the Trump administration’s Fiscal Year 2022 proposal, with Navy shipbuilding topping the list of items for reassessment, USNI News has learned.

The directive, issued on Feb. 17, calls for the Pentagon’s Director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) to look at a range of line items in the defense budget, including Navy shipbuilding and areas where the Defense Department can get rid of legacy aircraft and ship capabilities.

The instructions from Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks also order CAPE to evaluate long-range fires, low-yield nuclear weapons, and aviation programs like the Air Force KC-46 tanker, the F-35 Lighting II Joint Strike Fighter and the Air Force’s MQ-9 Reaper. CAPE should also assess “extant FY 2022 investments and FY 2023 opportunities” for the Biden administration’s Build Back Better initiative and climate investments for FY 2023 through FY 2027, according to the memo reviewed by USNI News.
    I don’t see anything here stating Biden is abolishing the Navy. Our defense budget is absurdly bloated and it’s good that we’re looking at our options.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-25-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Int...h-supply-chain

President Biden set to sign an executive order to build a China-free tech supply chain. Quite the contrast from the CCP favorite Donald Trump. He did them a big favor killing the TPP. Was one of his first moves too. He was chomping at the bit to give his CCP masters what they wanted.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Taipei has been especially quick to respond. Senior U.S. and Taiwanese officials signed a memorandum of understanding in November to promote technological cooperation in seven areas, including semiconductors and fifth-generation wireless, as well as "safe, secure and reliable supply chains."

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., the world's top chip foundry, agreed last spring to build a fabrication facility in Arizona that is likely to become a symbol of this bilateral relationship. The chipmaker will invest $12 billion in the plant, which will produce semiconductors for the military and is slated to come online in 2024. The U.S. government is providing subsidies for the project.

——-

It’s almost as if someone doesn’t read their articles.

Glad Biden is going to get the credit for something trump pushed endlessly and got the ball rolling to move away from China.
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Nah, just playing by dumb**** trump rules
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    supply chain nationalism is going to be one of those rare issues for which there is bipartisan enthusiasm
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    supply chain nationalism is going to be one of those rare issues for which there is bipartisan enthusiasm
    Absolutely.

I applaud Biden for signing this. I hope it’s not just PR after he rationalized genocide and we actually go through with it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I don’t see anything here stating Biden is abolishing the Navy. Our defense budget is absurdly bloated and it’s good that we’re looking at our options.
    As you know, I didn't say he was abolishing the Navy. I pointed out the fact that he is looking to cut spending on one of the very few expenses the federal government is supposed to have, to spend it on other areas that the federal government has no Constitutional requirement for.

What part of that is incorrect?
    Go get him!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (02-25-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-...al-louis-dejoy

Biden begins the process to fire DeJoy. Surely DeJoy will be very happy to give up his 100k a year job to go back into the private market. Because he totally took that job because he care about the health of the USPS. Hopefully any company associated with DeJoy is banned from future contracts with the USPS.
    Banning a company from trying to obtain USPS contracts raises some interesting legal questions. I'm not sure the USPS could discriminate against a company employing DeJoy just because he's disliked by politicians. If he's charged and convicted of mail related crimes you have a better case. But I'm not sure it could be done as things sit now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    As you know, I didn't say he was abolishing the Navy. I pointed out the fact that he is looking to cut spending on one of the very few expenses the federal government is supposed to have, to spend it on other areas that the federal government has no Constitutional requirement for.

What part of that is incorrect?
    Nothing is incorrect, but the constitution is irrelevant in this context.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Taipei has been especially quick to respond. Senior U.S. and Taiwanese officials signed a memorandum of understanding in November to promote technological cooperation in seven areas, including semiconductors and fifth-generation wireless, as well as "safe, secure and reliable supply chains."

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., the world's top chip foundry, agreed last spring to build a fabrication facility in Arizona that is likely to become a symbol of this bilateral relationship. The chipmaker will invest $12 billion in the plant, which will produce semiconductors for the military and is slated to come online in 2024. The U.S. government is providing subsidies for the project.

——-

It’s almost as if someone doesn’t read their articles.

Glad Biden is going to get the credit for something trump pushed endlessly and got the ball rolling to move away from China.

I read every article I post sir. I also link them instead of just a screenshot of the headline and a snarky twatter comment. Unlike some people around here. Biden signed an executive order to speed the process up. Ill throw you a bone, I meant to post this a while ago, but Trump signed an EO banning US investors from dealing with companies linked to the Chinese Military. Thats a good one. But Trumps killing of the TPP was a huge boon for China.

If you want to talk about taking credit for other Presidents work I would be more than happy to discuss Trumps repeated lie that he got the program passed that allowed US vets to see doctors outside of the VA. Trump expanded the conditions to include blindness in both eyes then took credit for the whole thing.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Banning a company from trying to obtain USPS contracts raises some interesting legal questions. I'm not sure the USPS could discriminate against a company employing DeJoy just because he's disliked by politicians. If he's charged and convicted of mail related crimes you have a better case. But I'm not sure it could be done as things sit now.

The way I would do it is set up a commission to look at everything from the hiring of DeJoy to determine if there was any intent to obstruct postal service related to the election and whether he was using his position to create conditions that would get companies he has stock in federal contracts. During that process there should/would be a freeze on all contracts to companies for which he has a financial stake in. That whole situation reeks of corruption.

Just the hiring process of DeJoy, a major Trump donor, by people appointed by Trump to the board reeks of corruption. I would start there and subpoena all the board members Republican and Democrat and grill them under oath to find out what exactly went on.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 02-25-2021 at 05:20 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Nothing is incorrect, but the constitution is irrelevant in this context.
    Well that's the problem.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Anyone who thinks electric vehicles are zero emission is fooling themselves. There's such a thing as carbon shifting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rce=reddit.com

President Biden set to sanction Russia for the solarwinds hack and poising of people. Good to have a President who isnt scared of Putin. Also of note, unlike some people I posted a link instead of a screenshot of the headline only.

It’s over."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (02-25-2021)