Page 34 of 600 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134534 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    BREAKING: Biden Admin Changes U.S. Ambassador to Israel into "U.S. Ambassador to Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza" -- Day 1 policy shift signals new admin does not consider any parts of these areas as Israeli territory https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...bank-and-gaza/
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (01-21-2021)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Welp

I find it hard to believe a former CIA Director would advise doing something shady.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Less than one day in and he's already pissing off our allies!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Dan Froomkin/PressWatchers.org
    @froomkin
    · 3m
    "For 100 days, starting January 22, 2021, DHS will pause removals for certain

noncitizens ordered deported to ensure we have a fair and effective immigration

enforcement system focused on protecting national security, border security,

and public safety."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Nice. **** that pipeline
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    BREAKING: Biden Admin Changes U.S. Ambassador to Israel into "U.S. Ambassador to Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza" -- Day 1 policy shift signals new admin does not consider any parts of these areas as Israeli territory https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...bank-and-gaza/
    I suppose the administration won't pressure Israel for any actions they take to defend themselves from foreign attacks coming from those areas then.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Less than one day in and he's already pissing off our allies!

The list of childish and sometimes costly virtue signals is already long and we're only 12 hours in. Everyone assured me that Joe is practically a Republican and not at all a crazy lefty. He is not validating that with his policy decisions so far.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    The list of childish and sometimes costly virtue signals is already long and we're only 12 hours in. Everyone assured me that Joe is practically a Republican and not at all a crazy lefty. He is not validating that with his policy decisions so far.
    It's been clear for a while that Biden is going to veer hard left. All the talk of unity and representing every American is all BS. He's going to tow the party line and move the needle as far back to the left as he can. It's just how politics works these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    he is the party line.
    Party candidates normally are.
    not just these days but has always been thus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    he is the party line.
    Party candidates normally are.
    not just these days but has always been thus
    Yeah. The idea that he was going to do anything but push the democratic agenda was a pipe dream.

We need a moderate. We've needed one for a while. Every election I hope one of the candidates will put party agendas aside. I'm always disappointed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    using polling as the barometer , Biden is a moderate!

Not sure what you mean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Yeah. The idea that he was going to do anything but push the democratic agenda was a pipe dream.

We need a moderate. We've needed one for a while. Every election I hope one of the candidates will put party agendas aside. I'm always disappointed.
    Biden *is* moderate. If the actions taken so far are too far left for you, then I’d imagine you’re defining moderate as center-right. Support for the Keystone Pipeline has been pretty evenly divided for years, as has support for the Paris agreement and opinions on immigration. Going to the other side of the aisle on a split issue isn’t being a Leftist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    What has the WHO done to deserve our cooperation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    What has the WHO done to deserve our cooperation?

They eradicated Smallpox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Instead of vague accusations, how about telling us what radical lefty things Sleepy Joe has done so far.

Here are all the executive orders he signed on Day 1. Which ones leap out at you?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Biden *is* moderate. If the actions taken so far are too far left for you, then I’d imagine you’re defining moderate as center-right. Support for the Keystone Pipeline has been pretty evenly divided for years, as has support for the Paris agreement and opinions on immigration. Going to the other side of the aisle on a split issue isn’t being a Leftist.
    Biden isn't really moderate though. He's moderate compared to the AOC's of the world but he's still solid left. He's no Manchin or Collins. Most commentators I've read put Biden as the most liberal Presidential candidate in decades. The reason he appears more moderate is the radicalization of the parties. The Democrats have seen growth in the far left wing of their party just as Republicans have seen the far right grow. This leaves politicians who were formally staunchly left or right appearing more moderate.

I want an actual moderate. Not a solid left or solid right candidate that just looks moderate compared to Trump or Sanders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Instead of vague accusations, how about telling us what radical lefty things Sleepy Joe has done so far.

Here are all the executive orders he signed on Day 1. Which ones leap out at you?
    It's not radical lefty stuff. It's a solid left turn though and not one designed to unite.

I have issues with some of the executive orders that are straight, as was put earlier, virtue signalling. They aren't there to do any good. In fact some of them do more harm than good. They're issued to check liberal boxes and show that Biden is taking a progressive direction.

Specifically, the change of the name of the US Ambassador to Israel. What good is done by that? The only practical effect was to piss off Israel. If that order doesn't happen, no one says a word. You can change the stance with Israel is a far more savvy way than this. It's a blundering move designed to signal to elements of his party that he's giving them what they want.

Then you have the Keystone pipeline. In what world is that a day 1 task? Trudeau, who no one would characterize as conservative, is a proponent of the pipeline and wanted to discuss the pipeline with Biden. But Biden wanted to pander to the left and give them their symbolic win that really doesn't have much effect.

Basically, Biden is making symbolic moves to satisfy the left that have real world net negative impacts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    It's not radical lefty stuff. It's a solid left turn though and not one designed to unite.

I have issues with some of the executive orders that are straight, as was put earlier, virtue signalling. They aren't there to do any good. In fact some of them do more harm than good. They're issued to check liberal boxes and show that Biden is taking a progressive direction.

Specifically, the change of the name of the US Ambassador to Israel. What good is done by that? The only practical effect was to piss off Israel. If that order doesn't happen, no one says a word. You can change the stance with Israel is a far more savvy way than this. It's a blundering move designed to signal to elements of his party that he's giving them what they want.

Then you have the Keystone pipeline. In what world is that a day 1 task? Trudeau, who no one would characterize as conservative, is a proponent of the pipeline and wanted to discuss the pipeline with Biden. But Biden wanted to pander to the left and give them their symbolic win that really doesn't have much effect.

Basically, Biden is making symbolic moves to satisfy the left that have real world net negative impacts.
    Let's not forget revoking anti discrimination laws on day 1

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I’m here for fraud boys freak outs lol

Also, I was lead to believe these people were Democrats? Lol

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"