Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Senate Runoff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Georgia Senate Runoff

Ossoff Wants Perdue To ‘Come Out Of Hiding’ With 3 Debates Before GA Senate Runoff

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/o...-senate-runoff
    ////////////////

Ossoff eviscerated Perdue a week before election leading to Perdue deciding to a) cancel remaining debate b)went to Florida to hide under 45's wing
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Ossoff Wants Perdue To ‘Come Out Of Hiding’ With 3 Debates Before GA Senate Runoff

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/o...-senate-runoff
    ////////////////

Ossoff eviscerated Perdue a week before election leading to Perdue deciding to a) cancel remaining debate b)went to Florida to hide under 45's wing
    I cannot think of a worse way to spend time during the holiday season than to watch three Georgia Senate debates.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Carp (11-11-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Raphael Warnock was charged with obstructing a police investigation into child abuse at a church camp. He also ran over his wife's (now ex-wife's) foot with a car during an argument.

Not a lot of stellar people in this race.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Raphael Warnock was charged with obstructing a police investigation into child abuse at a church camp. He also ran over his wife's (now ex-wife's) foot with a car during an argument.

Not a lot of stellar people in this race.

So he assaulted his ex wife and people (women) still support him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    would like to see your source

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    let's go counsier, show your source

jv rapid response
    send a boy ...
    ////////

was hoping we could avoid those " so when did you stop beating your wife" antics
    but hey, MAGA gonna MAGA
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-11-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Well this was fun while it lasted
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Yeah, about as
    long as Hunters laptop
    ////

man, now that was fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    The domestic violence incident was one of the things that had Georgia Democrats worried about Warnock as a candidate.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...lZIIGdItrfcBJ/

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/wo...2c71Q5bG6OtBP/

As for the child abuse at a church camp...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...184-story.html

Warnock may be a minister but he's no choir boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    let's go counsier, show your source

jv rapid response
    send a boy ...
    ////////

was hoping we could avoid those " so when did you stop beating your wife" antics
    but hey, MAGA gonna MAGA
    Need to stick with above the belt stuff like the left's "you're a racist!"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (11-11-2020), Jaw (11-11-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The domestic violence incident was one of the things that had Georgia Democrats worried about Warnock as a candidate.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...lZIIGdItrfcBJ/

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/wo...2c71Q5bG6OtBP/

As for the child abuse at a church camp...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...184-story.html

Warnock may be a minister but he's no choir boy.
    1)
    Warnock, the senior pastor of Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church, was not charged with a crime by Atlanta police and an officer said in the report that medical officials didn’t find visible signs of injury in the foot that his wife said was struck by the vehicle.

2) A state trooper assigned to the case said neither of the clergymen is a suspect in the child abuse investigation, but the officer would not describe the nature of the suspected abuse.
    /////////////////

Your own source

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    1)
    Warnock, the senior pastor of Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church, was not charged with a crime by Atlanta police and an officer said in the report that medical officials didn’t find visible signs of injury in the foot that his wife said was struck by the vehicle.

2) A state trooper assigned to the case said neither of the clergymen is a suspect in the child abuse investigation, but the officer would not describe the nature of the suspected abuse.
    /////////////////

Your own source
    i thought striker was a pretty balanced and level-headed non-partisan poster...a little surprised at him reaching like this...
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Perdue cancelled remaining face off with Ossoff
    To attend MAGA rallies
    Last edited by 57Brave; 11-11-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    1)

/////////////////

Your own source
    And Loeffler hasn't been charged with a crime. What she did was likely legal as Congress has always exempted themselves from those pesky insider trading laws. It's how congressmen get rich. I think it's bad conduct but I also think Warnock's conduct with his wife was bad conduct as was his conduct with the camp.

And I never said he was accused of child abuse. He was charged with interfering with the investigation. He kept disrupting officers' questioning of counselors at the camp. If I had to guess, he was trying to protect the camp from potential liability. I think his conduct was bad here. Perhaps illegal, perhaps not.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (11-11-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    i thought striker was a pretty balanced and level-headed non-partisan poster...a little surprised at him reaching like this...
    Just trying to balance out 57 on this. Warnock has some problems in his past. Again, even Democrat leaders in Georgia were concerned about the domestic violence stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    My point is this, 57 likes to throw around cute memes bashing Republicans while ignoring bad conduct of democrats or accusing people who point it out of being MAGA boys. What 57 would never tell you is that Dianne Feinstein was subject to the same stock trading investigation as Loeffler based on Feinstein's husband selling off stock at the same time Loeffler did.

I will just sit back and continue to point out that anyone capable of getting themselves elected to a high office is probably someone that should never be allowed to hold it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (11-11-2020), Jaw (11-11-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Just trying to balance out 57 on this. Warnock has some problems in his past. Again, even Democrat leaders in Georgia were concerned about the domestic violence stuff.
    has Warnock been "charged" with anything in a legal sense

I know you are a lawyer and take care with words...when you used the word charged I took it a bit differently coming from you than I would from another poster

in reading this abuse case you were kind enough to link, it seems to me his concern was making sure his camp counselors had legal representation or understood their legal rights in a situation where doing an interview with the police might have put them in legal jeopardy...my son works as a camp counselor during the summer...if police came to investigate something, I would hope his employer would help him understand his legal rights in that kind of situation

i would not have described that as him being charged with an obstruction into an abuse investigation...but maybe you posted with an intent to balance out another poster

we've seen a lot of obstruction from a certain politician in very high office the past four years...so i find it interesting to see the contrast in how some posters reacted to that and are now reacting to Warnock's so-called obstruction (in 2002!)
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-11-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    My point is this, 57 likes to throw around cute memes bashing Republicans while ignoring bad conduct of democrats or accusing people who point it out of being MAGA boys. What 57 would never tell you is that Dianne Feinstein was subject to the same stock trading investigation as Loeffler based on Feinstein's husband selling off stock at the same time Loeffler did.

I will just sit back and continue to point out that anyone capable of getting themselves elected to a high office is probably someone that should never be allowed to hold it.
    End of the day Loeffler profited off of Covid-19

Question Counselor --- Is Diane Feinstein running for Senate in Ga. ?
    Spare us all the "both sides" BS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    by Chiara Vercellone, Medill SchoolMay 29

For somebody to be exonerated, there needs to be an investigation where the individual is properly charged of the claims being investigated. The Justice Department is closing its investigations into Republican Sens. Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and James Inhofe of Oklahoma and Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California for stocks trades made shortly before the coronavirus-caused market decline. The Washington Post first reported Tuesday prosecutors had alerted the senators' defense attorneys the investigation was coming to a close. North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr, a Republican, continues to be investigated for his "more direct" involvement in trading stock following several closed briefings that evaluated the severity of the pandemic since its outbreak in China.

The probe, which the FBI started two months ago, was just an investigation into claims that the senators had used private information to sell hundreds of thousands of dollars in stock. The Department of Justice never charged the senators for insider trading, which means an exoneration isn't possible. Hence, Loeffler's claim she was exonerated is false.

All four senators have widely denied their impropriety in the trading. In a recent tweet, Loeffler said the investigation was a "politically motivated attack" and the "clear exoneration affirms what I've said all along: I did nothing wrong."

////////////////////

William Barr closed the investigation.