Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Senate Runoff

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Had you asked me not long after the General Election, I’d have probably called these runoffs a coin flip to tilt GOP.

Needless to say, the performance art put on by the GA GOP, Trump’s actions, the things spewed by Lin Wood/Sidney Powell, and McConnell not budging on the 2k stimulus all happening in the two months afterward made this happen. Abrams does deserve credit for her work she's done, but the actions that we saw in the months after the general...boy, the GOP took two seats that they really should not have lost this time and fumbled them away.

It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. If the GA GOP continues to cater more towards the rural voters, I don’t see how they’re going to regain ground in places like Gwinnett/Cobb/Douglas, and as we’ve seen, it makes it very hard in this state. Not impossible (given that Kemp won in 2018), but hard.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    I still can't fathom that Ossoff will be a senator. I can't think of anyone less qualified for the job. That's a testament to how bad Trump hurt the GOP.

Honestly, I've known pizza delivery guys more qualified.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    I dont really know anything about Ossoff but what exactly qualifies a person for Congress? And as a former pizza delivery driver I assume you mean me, to which I thank you :P
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I dont really know anything about Ossoff but what exactly qualifies a person for Congress? And as a former pizza delivery driver I assume you mean me, to which I thank you :P
    My thoughts exactly. I’m at the point where skill and experience as a politician could be considered a net negative.

Ossoff was elected to vote D. A child could do that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-07-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I still can't fathom that Ossoff will be a senator. I can't think of anyone less qualified for the job. That's a testament to how bad Trump hurt the GOP.

Where does Loeffler stand on the Ossoff-pizza delivery guy scale.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    well, you see, she's very rich. this somehow automatically brings her qualifications to the highest level. she deserves it, you see.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

gotta love trump supporters talking qualifications.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

Runnin (01-07-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    We really didn’t get a say so in Loeffler getting the seat did we or is that not allowed?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Did you sleep through yesterday and last night ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Did you sleep through yesterday and last night ?
    Like a babe. Probably as well as you did after dozens were killed in BLM riots.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Loeffler is far more qualified than Ossoff but still well below average. She has leadership experience in the business world though far less than I would have liked.

I'd put Loeffler on par with Warnock in terms of qualification. Neither have much political experience just real world leadership experience.

Ossoff is a spoiled child who has never done anything. If a dog had a D next to its name and ran there wouldn't have been any real difference. No one voted for Ossoff because he was an excellent candidate, they voted for him because it meant democrat control of the Senate.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (01-07-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Loeffler is far more qualified than Ossoff but still well below average. She has leadership experience in the business world though far less than I would have liked.

I'd put Loeffler on par with Warnock in terms of qualification. Neither have much political experience just real world leadership experience.

Ossoff is a spoiled child who has never done anything. If a dog had a D next to its name and ran there wouldn't have been any real difference. No one voted for Ossoff because he was an excellent candidate, they voted for him because it meant democrat control of the Senate.
    I agree with last part, but the inverse is probably true though too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    How much does that really matter today? The combination of the internet and media have basically made all national politics national. The policy stances of both parties are derived from some combination of think tanks, academia, and board rooms, so you don't need a lot of bright bulbs.
    Voting for any Democrat has pretty much been voting for California liberalism since Pelosi took control of the party. Prior to Trump, voting for a Republican meant some combination of Wall Street and Southern Baptist Convention.

I'm just not sure there's enough critical thinking for individual candidates to matter much beyond being personable and saying enough to energize your base without energizing the other base.
    Last edited by Jaw; 01-07-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    How much does that really matter today? The combination of the internet and media have basically made all national politics national. The policy stances of both parties are derived from some combination of think tanks, academia, and board rooms, so you don't need a lot of bright bulbs.
    Voting for any Democrat has pretty much been voting for California liberalism since Pelosi took control of the party. Prior to Trump, voting for a Republican meant some combination of Wall Street and Southern Baptist Convention.

I'm just not sure there's enough critical thinking for individual candidates to matter much beyond being personable and saying enough to energize your base without energizing the other base.
    Justin Amash has detailed how we have become an oligarch and not a real republic anymore.

The party members just do what they are told

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    gotta love trump supporters talking qualifications.
    it is the elephant in the room...not that i mind talking about the rest of the zoo

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Like a babe. Probably as well as you did after dozens were killed in BLM riots.
    Blm riots? Those were peaceful protests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree with last part, but the inverse is probably true though too.
    The vast majority of voters will vote for the letter next to a name regardless of who the candidate is. I'm just bemoaning the fact that Ossoff got into the Senate because of this. There are a lot of Democrats in Georgia I'd rather see in the Senate than him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The vast majority of voters will vote for the letter next to a name regardless of who the candidate is. I'm just bemoaning the fact that Ossoff got into the Senate because of this. There are a lot of Democrats in Georgia I'd rather see in the Senate than him.
    who do you have in mind

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Ossoff won his race by getting his constituents to vote for him, so he is as qualified to be a politician as anyone can be. That's how Senators get their jobs, they get elected. He's not been appointed head of the Commerce or the Education Dept or some other position that will require special skills. He has to raise money and show up to vote. Integrity will help.

We need to put to bed the idea that experience in business makes one good at governing. It was wrong from the beginning and we've just seen a 4 year display disputing that idea.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Ossoff won his race by getting his constituents to vote for him, so he is as qualified to be a politician as anyone can be. That's how Senators get their jobs, they get elected. He's not been appointed head of the Commerce or the Education Dept or some other special job that will require special skills.

We need to put to bed the idea that experience in business makes one good at governing. It was wrong from the beginning and we've just seen a 4 year display disputing that idea.
    Actually I'm a fan of politicians having a diversity of life and work experiences. I wouldn't put businessman above or below any other profession. But I think the emphasis has to be the right businessman or woman.

"I am your retribution."