Page 115 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 7764

Thread: January 6th insurrection thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    A New Jersey gym owner and a Washington state man on Friday became the first people to plead guilty to assaulting police in the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, facing what they acknowledged in plea deals could be roughly three to five years in prison under sentencing guidelines.

The agreements by Scott K. Fairlamb, 44, of Sussex, N.J., and Devlyn D. Thompson, 28, of Seattle, set potential benchmarks for what at least 165 defendants charged with assaulting or impeding officers could expect if they cooperate.

Fairlamb, a former mixed martial arts competitor, admitted to shoving and punching a D.C. police officer, identified in plea papers by the initials Z.B.

“Are you an American? Act like it!” Fairlamb screamed before the attack in a scene captured on video.

Fairlamb pleaded guilty to two of 12 indicted counts, both felonies: assaulting an officer and obstructing an official proceeding of Congress. The first charge is punishable by up to eight years and the obstruction charge by 20 years.

Thompson admitted to using a baton to strike at an officer deploying pepper spray during what prosecutors called the most violent confrontation between police and rioters at the Capitol, inside the archway and tunnel of the West Terrace’s ceremonial entrance.

Calling Thompson’s “an important case,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Tejpal Chawla said the defendant was “at the front lines of the most dangerous violence at the Capitol,” striking an officer with a baton and aware that others were assaulting officers with weapons including bear spray, Tasers, javelins, clubs, bats and the officers’ own shields.

Thompson admitted to being present in the tunnel for 13 minutes, and left seven minutes before Capitol Police Officer Daniel Hodges was crushed in a contested doorway, Chawla said.

Prosecutors on July 11 charged Thompson with the single count to which he pleaded guilty, assaulting police with a dangerous weapon, punishable by up to 20 years. Thompson has no criminal record other than a minor juvenile matter, according to his lawyer. He faces an advisory range of 46 to 57 months in prison.

At least 50 of the 165 defendants charged with assaulting or interfering with police are accused of doing so with a dangerous weapon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4de_story.html
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Javelins!
    Next we'll hear about halberds, pikes, and trebuchets.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    I was on a road trip the past 4 days... just coming in to check if reinstatement has happened yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I was on a road trip the past 4 days... just coming in to check if reinstatement has happened yet?
    We're in the middle of Annulment Month Take 2....patience grasshopper

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    We're in the middle of Annulment Month Take 2....patience grasshopper
    You know... I just like to check in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    You know... I just like to check in
    you should continue to check in periodically...big things are in the works...yuge really

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://thenationalpulse.com/news/bi...edium=referral

If anyone wants to see what level headed analysis was on election integrity with machines prior to the 2020 results.

“The utility of paper ballots and voter-verified paper records is only useful for ensuring that the outcome of an election is correct if election administrators commit to carrying out robust postelection audits… Many jurisdictions are not doing enough to conduct audits on an adequate number of ballots to ensure election accuracy and detect manipulation of vote totals caused by failing machines or hackers… Given these facts, postelection audits—which are robust enough to create strong evidence that the outcome is accurate and to correct it if it is wrong—must be conducted after every election.

Who would write something so dangerous to the core of our democratic system? Surely it must be some racist populist that has a Trump flag visible from all corners of their house?

Oh - The Center for AMerican Progress?

Don't worry guys. You'll all come around soon enough.
    Last edited by thethe; 08-07-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Last edited by nsacpi; 08-07-2021 at 04:40 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    subverting an election

we've seen it with our own eyes and it is continuing to happen

but thank you Mr. Rosen for adding corroboration

how is this not a crime

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Mr. Clark drafted a letter that he asked Mr. Rosen to send to Georgia state legislators, wrongly asserting that they should void Mr. Biden’s victory because the Justice Department was investigating accusations of voter fraud in the state.

Such a letter would effectively undermine efforts by Mr. Clark’s colleagues to prevent the White House from overturning the election results, and Mr. Rosen and his top deputy, Richard P. Donoghue, rejected the proposal.

As details of Mr. Clark’s actions emerge, it is unclear what, if any, consequences he could face. The Justice Department’s inspector general could make a determination about whether Mr. Clark crossed the line into potentially criminal behavior. In that case, the inspector general could refer the matter to federal prosecutors.

Mr. Rosen has spent much of the year in discussions with the Justice Department over what information he could provide to investigators, given that decision-making conversations between administration officials are usually kept confidential.

Douglas A. Collins, a lawyer for Mr. Trump, said last week that the former president would not seek to bar former Justice Department officials from speaking with investigators. But Mr. Collins said he might take some undisclosed legal action if congressional investigators sought “privileged information.”

Mr. Rosen quickly scheduled interviews with Congressional investigators to get as much of his version of events on the record before any players could ask the courts to block the proceedings, according to two people familiar with those discussions who are not authorized to speak about ongoing investigations.

He also reached out directly to Michael E. Horowitz, the Justice Department’s inspector general, and pledged to cooperate with his investigation, according to a person briefed on those talks.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    subverting an election

how is this not a crime
    maybe avert their eyes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    maybe avert their eyes?
    please use the ©

btw you have my authorization to use it unlike the bootleggers and pirates around here

"I am your retribution."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

zbhargrove (08-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    https://thenationalpulse.com/news/bi...edium=referral

If anyone wants to see what level headed analysis was on election integrity with machines prior to the 2020 results.

“The utility of paper ballots and voter-verified paper records is only useful for ensuring that the outcome of an election is correct if election administrators commit to carrying out robust postelection audits… Many jurisdictions are not doing enough to conduct audits on an adequate number of ballots to ensure election accuracy and detect manipulation of vote totals caused by failing machines or hackers… Given these facts, postelection audits—which are robust enough to create strong evidence that the outcome is accurate and to correct it if it is wrong—must be conducted after every election.

Who would write something so dangerous to the core of our democratic system? Surely it must be some racist populist that has a Trump flag visible from all corners of their house?

Oh - The Center for AMerican Progress?

Don't worry guys. You'll all come around soon enough.
    I'm shocked this got little to no attention.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    subverting an election

how is this not a crime
    Subvert an election? I think you mean correcting an election that any time inspection has been permitted massive errors are identified. Can't keep it from coming out forever. THe courts won't stop this forever.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Kind of like how investigations of Trump kept finding contacts with Russians? What dont you understand here is no such thing as an election correction at the Presidential level. Even if we found Trump was on tape plotting collusion with Putin and it wouldnt have in any way led to Hilary bring installed just like it wouldnt matter if you actually found something real.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 08-08-2021 at 02:38 PM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Lol
    Lol thethe really embraces the Trump slang. Woke generals 😂

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Subvert an election? I think you mean correcting an election that any time inspection has been permitted massive errors are identified. Can't keep it from coming out forever. THe courts won't stop this forever.
    I say this with 100% sincerity: I’m truly disappointed in little thethe. I still can’t believe he wasn’t there with his brothers and sisters on 1/6 to prevent the steal. Think about how much better things would have gone if he had been there to lead his people.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Lol

There’s seriously no helping you.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    I say this with 100% sincerity: I’m truly disappointed in little thethe. I still can’t believe he wasn’t there with his brothers and sisters on 1/6 to prevent the steal. Think about how much better things would have gone if he had been there to lead his people.
    How do you know he wasn't there? I'm sure he contributed in some way.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR