Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Names Coming For Fox Sports South And Southeast

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,798 Posts

New Names Coming For Fox Sports South And Southeast

Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Doesn't really make much difference when you can't get them.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Except that Bally is launching a stand-alone streaming app for mobile and OTT devices "early this year."

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAdcox View Post
    Except that Bally is launching a stand-alone streaming app for mobile and OTT devices "early this year."
    Can we find rental fingers to cross with our own???

Would be happy to kick in $5 or $10 a month during the season to add the app to all my Fire Sticks - have grown to really like YTTV and would just as soon not change everything up just for Braves games, but probably will have to if they can't work something out with Sinclair.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    I know a good name... Dumb and Dumber.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,506 Posts
    Really rolls off the tongue.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-29-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Can we find rental fingers to cross with our own???

Would be happy to kick in $5 or $10 a month during the season to add the app to all my Fire Sticks - have grown to really like YTTV and would just as soon not change everything up just for Braves games, but probably will have to if they can't work something out with Sinclair.
    I'm in exactly the same boat. It's supposed to be launched in early April, so likely we'll just miss ST games. Just get ready to hear Chip constantly reminding us of things we can place a quick bet on.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    With games starting today, I'm beginning to wonder how much revenue they're potentially costing themselves by not having SOMETHING worked out by now?

With so many potential customers being creatures of habit, it's liable to be hard to convince them to switch over and pay money to get their local announcers/etc. once they've already plunked down cash for mlb.tv. I'm sure some people are trying to be patient - I'm not going to start my free trial of mlb.tv this week to see the SPs go 2 innings, but I'll probably start the trial the second time through the rotation. That means they've (the RSNs) got roughly two weeks to come up with whatever they're going to do if they're going to get any money out of me - I can do without Chip and Frenchy if push comes to shove, but like having Braves Live before and after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    I can’t fathom that mlbtv still won’t get you in market games for that price

That is hard to believe
    Ivermectin Man

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (02-28-2021), JohnAdcox (03-01-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    With games starting today, I'm beginning to wonder how much revenue they're potentially costing themselves by not having SOMETHING worked out by now?

With so many potential customers being creatures of habit, it's liable to be hard to convince them to switch over and pay money to get their local announcers/etc. once they've already plunked down cash for mlb.tv. I'm sure some people are trying to be patient - I'm not going to start my free trial of mlb.tv this week to see the SPs go 2 innings, but I'll probably start the trial the second time through the rotation. That means they've (the RSNs) got roughly two weeks to come up with whatever they're going to do if they're going to get any money out of me - I can do without Chip and Frenchy if push comes to shove, but like having Braves Live before and after.
    It's in late stage beta testing now.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    It's in late stage beta testing now.
    Sure would've been nice to have the chance to be a guinea pig for this one - I've still not seen ANY mention of it other than your post and like one article.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Still awfully quiet on the streaming services front - would assume that there would have at least been some rumblings by now if any of YTTV/Hulu/etc. were going to pick the RSNs up since we're now two weeks from Opening Day.

Guess it's time to go shopping for a new streaming service in earnest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Still awfully quiet on the streaming services front - would assume that there would have at least been some rumblings by now if any of YTTV/Hulu/etc. were going to pick the RSNs up since we're now two weeks from Opening Day.

Guess it's time to go shopping for a new streaming service in earnest.
    Right now, AT&T's streamer is your only hope. I'm getting a lot of resumes from engineers who worked on the Bally app, leading me to believe it's either finished or an absolute mess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Right now, AT&T's streamer is your only hope. I'm getting a lot of resumes from engineers who worked on the Bally app, leading me to believe it's either finished or an absolute mess.
    And one of those engineers just said the app is targeted for 2022! I have not heard that anywhere else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    And one of those engineers just said the app is targeted for 2022! I have not heard that anywhere else.

Meanwhile, this article manages to say both this year and 2022!

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/ml...249673238.html

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    I live in market and receive both will my basic cable.

And I just purchased MLB TV for my Roku for the rest of the MLB games for $130 and it's awesome so far.

Are there basic cables in the South that really don't carry these two channels?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    I live in market and receive both will my basic cable.

And I just purchased MLB TV for my Roku for the rest of the MLB games for $130 and it's awesome so far.

Are there basic cables in the South that really don't carry these two channels?
    Don't know. They're talking about streaming options.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I think there’s new info coming out in exactly 2-weeks on 3/31.

Stand by to stand by....

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfannchar View Post
    I think there’s new info coming out in exactly 2-weeks on 3/31.

Stand by to stand by....
    That's the reason I'm nervous - I live in an rural area where I'm not sure I can just switch streaming services 15 minutes before game time on Opening Day. If I have to switch back to cable, I'm probably going to have to start that process next week.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    That's the reason I'm nervous - I live in an rural area where I'm not sure I can just switch streaming services 15 minutes before game time on Opening Day. If I have to switch back to cable, I'm probably going to have to start that process next week.
    My friend sent me a link showing the Bally app is launching on 3/31 and it will stream games but you have to have a streaming service with access to watch tv.

https://www.foxsports.com/south/story/bally-sports-south-bally-sports-southeast-announce-2021-braves-155-game-telecast-schedule-031721