Page 2 of 703 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Field

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I agree with Carp that Hawley probably can't win. He seems like a lesser, compromised version of Cotton.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Also, the economy could be a primary factor into the 2024 election. As great of a candidate as Obama was, the POTUS he was replacing was a Republican that just lead us into the worst recession in over 70 years and had us involved in 2 wars. So republicans were behind the 8 ball in 2008 even before the debates began. That was also a primary reason why Bush Sr. lost to Clinton.

If this pandemic and recent overspending leads us into another recession, Dems will find it hard to retain the white house in 2024.
    I'm guessing by 2024 there will be a couple major issues not on any of our radar.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I don’t think Tulsi is really gaining popularity with the people that would be voting in the Democratic Primary, though.
    Depends. She isn't gaining friends in the far left that's for sure. But those people are not likely voters. And she would likely make up that and more from independents.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-05-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Watch for Sununu. He would be a turn back to an older school Republican like a Eisenhauer kind of era Republican. Though they may opt to hold him off until 2028 as Biden is a moderate who he'd have to compete with but I think it depends on how successful the next few years are.

I'm sure they'll try and use Sununu in the Senate races in NH to try and get out Hassan or Shaheen, but the risk of loss may be too much.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I agree with Carp that Hawley probably can't win. He seems like a lesser, compromised version of Cotton.
    They way I look at Hawley and Cruz is that they are smart but deeply cynical guys. All politicians are cynical to a degree, but they take it to an extreme. I'm guessing they have both pushed it so far that it has cost them their viability as national candidates.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Watch for Sununu. He would be a turn back to an older school Republican like a Eisenhauer kind of era Republican. Though they may opt to hold him off until 2028 as Biden is a moderate who he'd have to compete with but I think it depends on how successful the next few years are.

I'm sure they'll try and use Sununu in the Senate races in NH to try and get out Hassan or Shaheen, but the risk of loss may be too much.
    The Republicaners © would be smart to pick a Sununu type guy as their veep, regardless of who is at the top of the ticket.

"I am your retribution."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-05-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Haley and DeSantis seem like the best options from a traditional governance standpoint. DeSantis is going to come out of COVID looking quite good, with data that will be difficult for the media to smear. Haley has proven herself at the state and UN levels without being compromised, although any association with Trump will screamed about from the ACELA rooftops. I don't think Pence can win the nomination or the general.
    I'm still team Cotton.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    They way I look at Hawley and Cruz is that they are smart but deeply cynical guys. All politicians are cynical to a degree, but they take it to an extreme. I'm guessing they have both pushed it so far that it has cost them their viability as national candidates.
    This exactly. Hawley doesn't have as bad of a name as Cruz at the moment, but he will before the election race starts.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post

No one is buying that Biden is a moderate anymore. He's spent his first couple of weeks in office proving it isn't true.
    Go get him!

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Rand Paul

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (02-05-2021)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Not sure why you guys seem to dislike Kasich so much. He's a conservative who had the courage and integrity to tell Trump to **** off when it could have feathered his nest for the current and the future.

Enlighten me folks.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Rand Paul
    No offense but if you were to think about him based on him rather than his last name I don't think you'd like him quite as much. Just my opinion though.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    I don't think Cotton's description of slavery as a "necessary evil" will serve him well going forward. Again, from over 45 years of experience in politics and government is that there is a type of candidate (and it's a bipartisan type that also applies to Biden) or whom it is obvious that they have been running for President since they were six-years-old. I think that applies to Cruz, Hawley, and Cotton. They know the words, but because of their overweening ambition, they often fail to grasp the meaning.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Not sure why you guys seem to dislike Kasich so much. He's a conservative who had the courage and integrity to tell Trump to **** off when it could have feathered his nest for the current and the future.

Enlighten me folks.
    Just my opinion, but he just seems like a boring candidate, much like John Kerry was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

Enlighten me folks.
    That's the problem. When the Kasichs and Liz Cheneys are threatened with exile, you know things have gone off the rails.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I don't think Cotton's description of slavery as a "necessary evil" will serve him well going forward. Again, from over 45 years of experience in politics and government is that there is a type of candidate (and it's a bipartisan type that also applies to Biden) or whom it is obvious that they have been running for President since they were six-years-old. I think that applies to Cruz, Hawley, and Cotton. They know the words, but because of their overweening ambition, they often fail to grasp the meaning.
    Bidens friendliness with the KKK, his pushing of the crime bill, and his calling black people predators seemed to serve him well. Most votes in history!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    No offense but if you were to think about him based on him rather than his last name I don't think you'd like him quite as much. Just my opinion though.
    He ain't his dad, thats for sure

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    He ain't his dad, thats for sure
    I would vote for his dad in a heartbeat and I don't even agree with Libertarianism all that much. I've just heard Rand say way too many things that bounced all over the place depending on his audience including the "stop the steal" type stuff.

Again just my opinion and I don't really like or support either major party or pretty much anybody in them.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    JMO but Cruz is a snake, Hawley is a snake with a more marketable face, Cotton is a straight up authoritarian asshole who pulled some pretty sketchy stuff to keep his main challenger off the ballot in AR this past year. Carp may be right, Kasich may be a little too boring for prime time but Biden ain't gonna sell out very many pay per view 1 man shows either. Kamala isn't the devil like Repubs say but she wasn't in my top 5 VP candidates nor would she have been in my top 10 either. IMO Dems have way more quality VP candidates for 2024 than they do P candidates assuming Biden doesn't want to run again.

Also, Repubs need to either break with Trump officially and permanently (as opposed to sending the House minority leader to FL to kiss his ass) and try and go back to where they were pre-Reagan or just give up and run a Don Jr./Ivanka ticket in 2024, assuming they can figure out which one of them is running for president and which on is running for VP.

For anyone looking for actual quality in a potential candidate I'd say good luck!!!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    JMO but Cruz is a snake, Hawley is a snake with a more marketable face, Cotton is a straight up authoritarian asshole who pulled some pretty sketchy stuff to keep his main challenger off the ballot in AR this past year. Carp may be right, Kasich may be a little too boring for prime time but Biden ain't gonna sell out very many pay per view 1 man shows either. Kamala isn't the devil like Repubs say but she wasn't in my top 5 VP candidates nor would she have been in my top 10 either. IMO Dems have way more quality VP candidates for 2024 than they do P candidates assuming Biden doesn't want to run again.

Also, Repubs need to either break with Trump officially and permanently (as opposed to sending the House minority leader to FL to kiss his ass) and try and go back to where they were pre-Reagan or just give up and run a Don Jr./Ivanka ticket in 2024, assuming they can figure out which one of them is running for president and which on is running for VP.

For anyone looking for actual quality in a potential candidate I'd say good luck!!!
    My guess is that Sasse will explore the possibility of running. Smart guy. Thoughtful. Young Kasich to some extent. Unfortunately for him, I think he's viewed as a play-nice lightweight by the red meat-eaters in the Republican Party right now. If Kinzinger's third-party efforts ever take root (I doubt they will), Sasse would make a likely fit there.