Results 13,601 to 13,620 of 14264

Thread: 2024 Field

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What did Trump say about Tik tok while he was president? Specifically, what did he pronounce in his EO?
    “As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One.

July 31, 2020

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    “As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One.

July 31, 2020
    And what was his rationale for doing this?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    And what was his rationale for doing this?
    You're welcome to get to the point.

His tweet the other day saying it made no sense to ban tiktok bc it would help Facebook is a clear pivot and seems supportive of leaving the app alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You're welcome to get to the point.

His tweet the other day saying it made no sense to ban tiktok bc it would help Facebook is a clear pivot and seems supportive of leaving the app alone
    It would help Facebook and specifically someone they donated 400m to steal an election. If you remove ccp ownership than tik tok is fine which is what trump wanted always. But continue on with your tds influencer points
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    It would help Facebook and specifically someone they donated 400m to steal an election. If you remove ccp ownership than tik tok is fine which is what trump wanted always. But continue on with your tds influencer points
    That is the what the GOP bill is doing. They aren't banning the app, but removing the CCP influence.

Trump is directly undermining that effort with his recent tweet. He just so happens to have recently met and praised the billionaire investor of the app, who has publicly opposed the GOP bill.

This isn't a tds talking point. This is the reality.

You don't have to defend literally everything the man does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    It's amazing to me the disconnect between the imagination of Trump and the reality of Trump

This is true of both leftists and MAGA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    That is the what the GOP bill is doing. They aren't banning the app, but removing the CCP influence.

Trump is directly undermining that effort with his recent tweet. He just so happens to have recently met and praised the billionaire investor of the app, who has publicly opposed the GOP bill.

This isn't a tds talking point. This is the reality.

You don't have to defend literally everything the man does.
    Care to share the provisions in the gop bill that go against Rand Paul’s characterization as a ban?

You don’t have to literally post every tds influencer “gotcha” because they are still hurt the voters overwhelmingly support trump.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Care to share the provisions in the gop bill that go against Rand Paul’s characterization as a ban?

You don’t have to literally post every tds influencer “gotcha” because they are still hurt the voters overwhelmingly support trump.
    The bill requires the CCP to divest to a new owner, similar to what Trump tried to do while he was president forcing the Microsoft sale. If not divested, would be banned from the US app stores, similar to what Trump said on July 31, 2020.

As far as Rands comment about the data storage, there is a helpful community note on that post explaining that data is still being stored in the CCP

I'm honestly not clear what your position is here. What do you want seen done with tiktok? And can you translates Trumps latest tweet about it? And are you bothered at all by trumps latest flirting with Jeff Yass?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The bill requires the CCP to divest to a new owner, similar to what Trump tried to do while he was president forcing the Microsoft sale. If not divested, would be banned from the US app stores, similar to what Trump said on July 31, 2020.

As far as Rands comment about the data storage, there is a helpful community note on that post explaining that data is still being stored in the CCP

I'm honestly not clear what your position is here. What do you want seen done with tiktok? And can you translates Trumps latest tweet about it? And are you bothered at all by trumps latest flirting with Jeff Yass?
    I want the ccp to not own anything that comes into the US and I want monitoring to ensure there aren’t intelligence influence operations flowing through any platform. Kind of similar to the ops for rabid tds influencers that took over the RDS campaigns and are still functioning to damage Trump in the general. Even smart people succumb to these types of obvious ops.

Trump was moving towards that and as usual was ahead of every US politician in that regard.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I want the ccp to not own anything that comes into the US and I want monitoring to ensure there aren’t intelligence influence operations flowing through any platform. Kind of similar to the ops for rabid tds influencers that took over the RDS campaigns and are still functioning to damage Trump in the general. Even smart people succumb to these types of obvious ops.

Trump was moving towards that and as usual was ahead of every US politician in that regard.
    So what is your problem with the GOP bill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So what is your problem with the GOP bill?
    Show me the GOP bill and the specific provisions you are running with. I’m going off what Rand has said in that the bill calls for a total ban (which I’d fully support if there was no divestiture of ccp ownership). Rand I’m sure has seen the bill so I trust his overview.

I’m also fully in support of competition in the space so Zuckerberg, since he was the largest contributor of the 2020 steal, doesn’t have an all out monopoly.
    Last edited by thethe; 03-09-2024 at 11:07 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Show me the GOP bill and the specific provisions you are running with. I’m going off what Rand has said in that the bill calls for a total ban (which I’d fully support if there was no divestiture of ccp ownership). Rand I’m sure has seen the bill so I trust his overview.

I’m also fully in support of competition in the space so Zuckerberg, since he was the largest contributor of the 2020 steal, doesn’t have an all out monopoly.
    The bill requires bytedance to divest to US companies within 6 months, or else would be banned from US app stores. This is supported by Mike Johnson.

Do you disagree with the bill? Only bc Trump decided to pivot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    It's amazing to me the disconnect between the imagination of Trump and the reality of Trump

This is true of both leftists and MAGA

What a wack job
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    leftists tend to underrate the extent to which his incompetence mitigates his venality
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    looks like very poorly chosen one defamed E Jean Carroll again today

the gift that keeps on giving

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    looks like very poorly chosen one defamed E Jean Carroll again today

the gift that keeps on giving
    And lied to Judge Kaplan about not being able to post bond, which I'll guess will not help his appeal case.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Trump is still attacking RDS

but somehow me noticing this is me being manipulated into hurting Trump or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The bill requires bytedance to divest to US companies within 6 months, or else would be banned from US app stores. This is supported by Mike Johnson.

Do you disagree with the bill? Only bc Trump decided to pivot?
    I’ve read more about Yass. It sounds disgusting and dirty. I want the ccp out of our country for good.

Can we do the same to MSNBC and Zuck as well?

What’s going to happen is the left will use this against Musk.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Trump is still attacking RDS

but somehow me noticing this is me being manipulated into hurting Trump or something
    We have somehow come to accept it but the name calling is juvenile and really an indication that the person indulging in that kind of behavior is not fit for any kind of position of responsibility. And then you have all the other stuff. Mocking others for a physical disability and for having a speech impediment. And of course there is the rape and the long list of other women who have put forth complaints of having been physically molested. And the boast of being able to get away with grabbing women by their genitalia. That's not really locker room talk.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-10-2024 at 08:59 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    We have somehow come to accept it but the name calling is juvenile and really an indication that the person indulging in that kind of behavior is not fit for any kind of position of responsibility. And then you have all the other stuff. Mocking others for a physical disability and for having a speech impediment. And of course there is the rape and the long list of other women who have put forth complaints of being physically molested. And the boast of being able to get away with grabbing women by their genitalia.
    I don't care about the name calling. It's not like he used an offensive term like "illegal" or something.

It's that he can't stop attacking his own allies. The lack of self control and focus is why he can't ever get anything done