Page 269 of 713 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 14250

Thread: 2024 Field

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm not pretending anything. Trump did change the conversation. Good for him.

I want to move on from conversations to results. You posted a threat from trump that he didn't execute on. Same has locking up Hilary. Same as his wall. And on and on

Trump is bluster. RDS is results. I want results. Because the college education system is more woke today than it was in 2016. It's time for an actual fighter who lands some blows for once
    "Results" - Too funny. Super majority while having vast powers as Gov.

Prepare to be dissapointed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    "Results" - Too funny. Super majority while having vast powers as Gov.

Prepare to be dissapointed.
    Trump had all of Congress for two years

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Carp (05-25-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    BTW - From a politico article:

Despite Trump’s complaints, the IRS also says the “advocacy of a particular position or viewpoint” can still qualify as educational for tax purposes “if there is a sufficiently full and fair exposition of pertinent facts to permit an individual or the public to form an independent opinion or conclusion.”

There isn't even clarity a president has that power which is unfortunate.
    Yes and that is why RDS bringing up accreditation is much smarter. I never knew of that. Apparently that power comes from the federal government.

You see what RDS has proven so great at is understanding how to legally maximize his power. He's smart and competent and that is why he is able to ACTUALLY land some blows vs just bluster about it on social media

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Going to ignore his robust policy videos he has been releasing for a year?

Trump was the best policy president we have had in decades so this argument that he couldn't figure it out is well...dishonest.
    Yeah like his precious wall he talked about during his entire campaign? How did that turn out?

And before you go blaming Dems for shutting it down, he had 2 years on complete control in the house and Senate to get done whatever he wanted to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Yeah like his precious wall he talked about during his entire campaign? How did that turn out?

And before you go blaming Dems for shutting it down, he had 2 years on complete control in the house and Senate to get done whatever he wanted to.
    Traditional Republicans didn't want the wall. It is what it is but there was wall built and in hindsight Trump was 100% right on his judgement.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yes and that is why RDS bringing up accreditation is much smarter. I never knew of that. Apparently that power comes from the federal government.

You see what RDS has proven so great at is understanding how to legally maximize his power. He's smart and competent and that is why he is able to ACTUALLY land some blows vs just bluster about it on social media
    But that is I believe a state distinction so would that even have any impact on federal level?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Trump had all of Congress for two years
    This. I don't know thethe fails to point Trump had 2 years of control to push through basically anything he wanted. The failure here cannot be discounted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This. I don't know thethe fails to point Trump had 2 years of control to push through basically anything he wanted. The failure here cannot be discounted.
    To act like the Republicans that held congress liked Trump or his policy sets is quite the take.

You guys know that the R establishment hated Trump and were not keen on giving him too many victories. How about the 'R' McCain not overriding Obamacare? HE WAS A REPUBLICAN!

These arguments are so tiring and forget what we went through.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Traditional Republicans didn't want the wall. It is what it is but there was wall built and in hindsight Trump was 100% right on his judgement.
    He didn't even build anything to be voted on in those 2 years. How exactly are traditional Republicans to blame?

In hindsight he was still completely wrong. Though his suggestions werre a million times better than Biden's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    He didn't even build anything to be voted on in those 2 years. How exactly are traditional Republicans to blame?

In hindsight he was still completely wrong. Though his suggestions werre a million times better than Biden's.
    Trump foolishly bought into the lines from the Paul Ryan types that he would get the wall once he pushed through tax reform and such. Trump made mistakes.

You still think the wall is wrong? Dear Lord come on now Carpl.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Trump foolishly bought into the lines from the Paul Ryan types that he would get the wall once he pushed through tax reform and such. Trump made mistakes.

He was pretty helpless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    As an outsider in this debate I think it is a healthy first step that some of you are now recognizing the dead end that very poorly chosen one has led you to. It will take some additional navigation to get out of this cul-de-sac and I wish you well. It is in the country's best interest to have rational political parties nominating rational candidates.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,787 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    As an outsider in this debate I think it is a healthy first step that some of you are now recognizing the dead end that very poorly chosen one has led you to. It will take some additional navigation to get out of this cul-de-sac and I wish you well. It is in the country's best interest to have rational political parties nominating rational candidates.
    Trump was a good president until 2020.

The damage that the TDS crowd has inflicted on the country vastly overshadows the damage that trump could possibly do.

Y'all have killed the country in your lust to take down one man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

Yes. A wall does nothing but make an expensive eyesore that has to be maintained. You'll find better results for cheaper using personnel and technology like drones, if we'd actually invest in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    I prefer a moat with alligators and sharks
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yes. A wall does nothing but make an expensive eyesore that has to be maintained. You'll find better results for cheaper using personnel and technology like drones, if we'd actually invest in it.
    You think drones would have less overhead than a physical wall?

Really?

Every single civilization has used walls for protection not because they like walls....its because they WORK!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Eh. You're obviously not familiar with the Great Wall's failure to protect China from the barbarian hordes.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Eh. You're obviously not familiar with the Great Wall's failure to protect China from the barbarian hordes.
    I'm sure there was no change in battle approach or deterrence from the Great Wall.

Genghis Kahn probalby didn't give a second thought to the structure when devising plans.

Or you know you could not be purposefully dishonest as I'm sure you're aware of such things:

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/chi...nghis-khan.htm

How could Genghis Khan breach the Great Wall while others couldn't?
    Genghis Khan spent five years making thorough preparations for his battle against the Jin court:
    1. He defeated the Western Xia to its west, which was an “assistant” to Jin but a threat to the Mongols;
    2. He defeated the enemies to his north to ensure the safety of his territory;
    3. He recruited the Jin army which guarded the northwest section of the Jin Great Wall, making the area a military base for attacking Jin;
    4. He subverted the Jin garrison soldiers for his use;
    5. He collected information on the Jin court from businessmen and envoys.

On the other side, the Jin emperor did not take the Mongols seriously at first and put most of his military forces on the southern border with Southern Song (1127 - 1279 AD). Also, having fallen into disrepair in many parts, the Great Wall at that time was not as solid as it used to be.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Genghis Khan came from the North. I've been warning y'all. We need to secure the northern border. We need to keep folks like Paul Pelosi loverboy and other pervy Canadians out.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Genghis Khan came from the North. I've been warning y'all. We need to secure the northern border. We need to keep folks like Paul Pelosi loverboy out.
    Ah nice - now that I outed you for being deceitful you move to sarcasm.

But I AGREE! We shouldn't just focus on our Southern border as I'm not interested in outsourcing our immigration policy to Canada.
    Natural Immunity Croc