Thread: Streaming Sevices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts

Streaming Sevices

I'm curious what combination everyone is using. We've bounced around some between Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, HBO, Curiosity Stream, and Boomerang, with Sling thrown in occasionally for a month.

The current lineup costs a total of $15 per month, between Disney+ ($7 per month), Discovery+ ($7 per month), Curiosity Stream ($1 per month), and Prime. I consider Prime video to be free because we have it for the shipping. Other free services we use are Peacock and Pluto TV. For family viewing this is more than we can ever watch, and the amount of inappropriate content for our kids to stumble across is reasonably low.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    We got Hulu+ for the Braves but now that’s not a thing.

I guess we will roll with it still. We enjoy it and Netflix and HBO max. HBO max has a surprising kids library
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Just canceled Netflix last month. But we may subscribe again. Not sure.

We had youtubetv for a little over a year, but their price increases were a little ridiculous, so we switched to Hulu. Then Hulu hiked up their prices so we switched again. Recently we switched over to AT&T Now. It's definitely the worst of the services that we have tried so far. I don't like the interface and my some of my recordings get deleted after about a week or so, which is really annoying. But you can get TV plus add on HBO MAX for the same price as YoutubeTV or Hulu Live. I guess it depends on what you want. Youtube TV has the best interface, imo, and the most storage. If costs were the same, I would definitely go with Youtube TV.

I think I will try FUBO out in the next week or two. I hear good things regarding that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I wonder if pro teams or colleges will ever hold out streaming rights from their TV contracts. I would gladly pay a few bucks per month directly to the Braves to watch only their games. I won't pay significantly more to get a TV bundle package just to watch the Braves, and I have no interest in a large subscription cost so I can watch all MLB games. Just give me the Braves. I expect quite a few college fans fall into the same boat.
    Go get him!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    The issue I have with live TV streaming platforms is basically the concept of DVRing live sporting events is folly. If you forget to DVR the time slot after the sporting event, you almost always will miss the end of the game.

I’ll basically sign up for whatever service first fixes this. As far as I know, they all suck at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    The issue I have with live TV streaming platforms is basically the concept of DVRing live sporting events is folly. If you forget to DVR the time slot after the sporting event, you almost always will miss the end of the game.

I’ll basically sign up for whatever service first fixes this. As far as I know, they all suck at it.
    You don’t have an option to extend on live events?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You don’t have an option to extend on live events?
    Not that I have seen. At least it doesn’t work the same extend on live events does on standard DVR set top boxes.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    YouTube TV tapes the whole event.

I like their dvr options bc I just tell them to dvr all things Braves and anytime its on it will record the entire event

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Have Netflix, prime, Disney, Hulu, hbo, showtime, had mlb last year (might do it again this year)
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I have Disney plus.

I use movieboxpro. It’s $3 a month but has everything from every streaming service. It’s definitely a good buy

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Netflix, Disney+/Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon, a few Twitch subs, Youtube Premium.

We split some **** with my Girlfriend's parents. I'd guess we spend about 60 bucks a month on streaming stuff.

Netflix is the most worth it. Because Netflix has the hugest library. Disney+ is rock solid has some of the best content right now. Hulu I hate, I have a few things I enjoy watching there, but overall it's a service that pisses me off because you pay for the service to watch Commercials on old items. I get it on current TV shows. But like if I'm watching old Animaniacs or Rock of Love, I don't want to see your commercials. Amazon I HATE the UI on the XBox, but they have some top notch content, but like you said I mainly value AMazon for free shipping, because my distance from any decent store (only store to buy average goods is Walmart) HBO's movie screening thing is insane, especially cause my local theater is closed for the time being. My best value is probably my Critical Role twitch sub as that's something I watch everything they put out. Or my youtube because aside from the music streaming which I don't do that often, I watch a ton of Youtube on my XBox and the no ads is nice and I forget about it.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I have Apple TV+, and via my cable package I get starz, hbo max, showtime. I get prime just because I have prime for shipping.

I also have a **** ton of TV shows and movies via my iTunes library from colllecting digital codes. So I have more than I’d ever need.

My sister pays for Netflix and Disney so I just use her account whenever I need to watch something on there and then she uses my iTunes.
    Forever Fredi

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    AT&T TV morphing into DirecTV Stream.

Anyone know anything???
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    I get Netflix, HulubPlus, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, and ESPN plus as well as HBO and Showtime because I subscribe to them through my Charter subscription. Not sure the breakdown but Internet TV and streaming probably runs about 125 a month.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Discovery plus for $4.99 is by far the best streaming service in my book. I’d highly recommend it to anyone that likes hgtv, discovery plus, animal planets etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    AT&T TV morphing into DirecTV Stream.

Anyone know anything???
    Corporate shenanigans.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/rip-a...ream-is-coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Streaming is no longer possible after net neutrality died

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Streaming is no longer possible after net neutrality died
    Lol my sweet simpleton, you know nothing, yet pretend to know so much. Keep pretending to be knowledgeable. Can't wait until Net Neutrality is reinstated when Biden finally names a 5th commissioner. You'll reap the benefits from those with knowledge while you write crazy conspiracies from your much improved internet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Great point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Discovery plus for $4.99 is by far the best streaming service in my book. I’d highly recommend it to anyone that likes hgtv, discovery plus, animal planets etc.
    Agreed. I watch a couple of episodes of something as I fall asleep most nights. Alone, Forged in Fire, Naked and Afraid, Mountain Men. Kids enjoy the animal stuff, wife enjoys the paranormal stuff and there's an amazing amount of it.
    Go get him!