Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican voter suppression...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,743 Posts
    Brian Kemp has the worst job in America. He grovels at the feet of Trump who ****s on him non stop for not committing election fraud. I doubt he could win an election for dog catcher going forward.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Sea of Racism!!!
    Solid work from the Bee.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Brian Kemp has the worst job in America. He grovels at the feet of Trump who ****s on him non stop for not committing election fraud. I doubt he could win an election for dog catcher going forward.
    this state deserves so much more than this hack
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Republicans really hate when people vote

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Just come out and say “only white male land owners” can vote lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    A top Georgia Republican said Wednesday that Rudy Giuliani's false claims of election fraud -- which were presented before state lawmakers -- created momentum for a package of voting rights restrictions that recently became state law.

"This is really the fallout from the 10 weeks of misinformation that flew in from former President Donald Trump," Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan said on CNN's "New Day." "I went back over the weekend to really look at where this really started to gain momentum in the legislature, and it was when Rudy Giuliani showed up in a couple of committee rooms and spent hours spreading misinformation and sowing doubt across, you know, hours of testimony."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/polit...ntv/index.html
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    As I've noted the Dems and credibly accused creepy joe have engaged in a fair amount of deza and exaggeration regarding the new election law. But take away the BIG LIE and need to placate the BIG LIAR and his followers this whole thing would not happen. Glad to see Geoff Duncan point this out. May the peace of Allah be upon him and his family come primary day.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-08-2021 at 07:53 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    When you show a video of four election officials scampering around like criminals at a crime scene to count ballots after a bull**** story of a pipe bursting was issued to clear the room you better believe that opens people’s eyes.

Hysterical that any reasonable person would think that video wasn’t damning.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    “I’m glad to see the people responsible for the fraud are knocking those trying to uncover it”

Story of Georgia leadership for the 2020 election.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    It is by now a familiar pattern. We saw it in Ukraine. Rudy and his deza leading to Ambassador Yovanovitch "going through some things."

And now Georgia and Atlanta also going through some things. As it turns out, spreading and believing deza is not a victimless crime. Though sometimes the twists and turns produce surprises and unexpected outcomes.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    The laptop proved the claims on Ukraine.

The DOJ was even investigating it.

Where have you been?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Not even sure why I’m shocked anymore but damn you are woefully misinformed and uninformed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,808 Posts
    Agreed without the BIG LIE of Abrams pretending she won, there would have never been a need to address the election laws

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    It is by now a familiar pattern. We saw it in Ukraine. Rudy and his deza leading to Ambassador Yovanovitch "going through some things."

And now Georgia and Atlanta also going through some things. As it turns out, spreading and believing deza is not a victimless crime. Though sometimes the twists and turns produce surprises and unexpected outcomes.
    To be clear, you don't think the videos of ballot boxes being moved around at the location where counting was stopped due to an allegedly broken pipe that turned out to be non-existent after monitors were sent home would have resulted in increased scrutiny and millions of people questioning the integrity of the election?
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    To be clear, you don't think the videos of ballot boxes being moved around at the location where counting was stopped due to an allegedly broken pipe that turned out to be non-existent after monitors were sent home would have resulted in increased scrutiny and millions of people questioning the integrity of the election?
    I'm probably not as well-versed on the broken pipe as you are. I do recall reading on election night that vote counting at state farm arena had been stopped by a broken pipe. That's pretty much all I know about it. Happy to be educated about it.

But yeah, I think the point I made (and Geoff Duncan seemed to be making a similar point) is a valid one. There has been a really ugly and nasty campaign to undermine voter confidence in the elections. This campaign continues even now. And lo and behold it has had some success. Leading to people like Senator Hawley citing public confidence (or lack thereof) in the elections to justify their actions. And also leading the Georgia legislature to take up legislation in response to a manufactured crisis of confidence.

That's how deza (and in particular the BIG LIE) works.

We saw a different rendition leading to Ambassador Yovanovitch having to "go through some things."
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-08-2021 at 10:15 AM.

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,808 Posts
    Yes insisting on fake pipe bursts and universal mail in ballot should never raise questions about election integrity. Screaming Jim crow at the idea of a voter id would never lead someone to be suspicious of motives.

The cognitive dissonance is astounding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I agree that Trump and co's ridiculous antics undermined faith in elections. The Senate runoffs were ample proof of that. I think focusing only on that and not on the issues like ballot harvesting, blatant lies about why a count was stopped, or the Democrats long time use of street money is... unfortunate.

Regardless, you seem to place a great deal of importance on getting as many people as possible to participate in elections. If a law that expands early voting access will convince a large group that their vote will matter, I would expect you to be a fan of it.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I found this article about the "broken pipe." But it seems to focus more on the deza that grew out of the "broken pipe."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/3879081001/

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I agree that Trump and co's ridiculous antics undermined faith in elections. The Senate runoffs were ample proof of that. I think focusing only on that and not on the issues like ballot harvesting, blatant lies about why a count was stopped, or the Democrats long time use of street money is... unfortunate.

Regardless, you seem to place a great deal of importance on getting as many people as possible to participate in elections. If a law that expands early voting access will convince a large group that their vote will matter, I would expect you to be a fan of it.
    I was hoping we would resolve the "broken pipe" issue to moving on to other matters. Show me what you got.

Yeah I'm in favor of making voting easy. I'm impressed by how Colorado does it. But other states have different ways of getting the job done. More than one way to make elections work for all of us.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-08-2021 at 10:30 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I for one am shocked that USA Today focused more on that aspect of it instead of investigating the details of the actual event.
    Go get him!