Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican voter suppression...

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Yes

The his live is so great although the commies are ruining at the same time guy

Is going full q.

Hahaha
    Last edited by goldfly; 04-08-2021 at 11:13 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    A nice summation of my thoughts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-15-2021)

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Jim Crow was not a functioning democracy, no. Dunno why you think that's a big own.

"Democracy" did not empower Jim Crow. The murderous terrorists who are our (white Southerners) ancestors destroyed the actual democratic governments and replaced them, through violence, with an ethnocracy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The politics of nihilism, which is what the GOP is and has been for decades, ALWAYS eventually loses because it's simply not sustainable. The last throes of a panicked white supremacy culture is an ugly thing to watch.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Reporting says 40% of La. budget is funded by the federal punching bag.
    Other (R) pols favor teaching the good part of slavery.
    But yeah, voter fraud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Bruce Bartman of Penna.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    I’d love it if you’d share your thoughts what’s restrictive about this bill.
    Natural Immunity Croc

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (05-07-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    More voting days are restrictive

Not having a party provided bottled water while in line is restrictive
    Ivermectin Man

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (05-07-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I’d love it if you’d share your thoughts what’s restrictive about this bill.
    Smart Republicans (there are some) are worried the new rules for requesting absentee ballots are going to reduce voting by seniors and military, two of their best voting groups. We'll see. Strong is the Law of Unintended Consequences. Especially in Florida.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Smart Republicans (there are some) are worried the new rules for requesting absentee ballots are going to reduce voting by seniors and military, two of their best voting groups. We'll see. Strong is the Law of Unintended Consequences. Especially in Florida.
    I doubt there are any restrictions on active duty military personal but happy to say I’m wrong if you’ve got support.

I can’t imagine how this would impact seniors when they most likely had to provide verification for their ballots in the past.

Absolutely everyone, well let’s say 99.9% of citizens, will have no obstructions to vote. I don’t care if the perception this hurts or helps dems or republicans. We need voter integrity.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I doubt there are any restrictions on active duty military personal but happy to say I’m wrong if you’ve got support.

I can’t imagine how this would impact seniors when they most likely had to provide verification for their ballots in the past.

Absolutely everyone, well let’s say 99.9% of citizens, will have no obstructions to vote. I don’t care if the perception this hurts or helps dems or republicans. We need voter integrity.
    From you're response I can see you are not informed about some elements of the Florida law. I'll give you a chance to familiarize yourself with it.

Imo the Florida law is more likely to reduce voting by Republicans. Still not right. But whatever it takes to mollify the delicate ego of very poorly chosen one.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-07-2021 at 07:22 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    From you're response I can see you are not informed about some elements of the Florida law. I'll give you a chance to familiarize yourself with it.

Imo the Florida law is more likely to reduce voting by Republicans. Still not right. But whatever it takes to mollify the delicate ego of very poorly chosen one.
    This part?

However, an absent uniformed service voter or an overseas voter seeking a vote-by-mail ballot is not required to submit a signed, written request for a vote by-mail ballot that is being mailed to an address other than the elector’s address on file in the Florida Voter Registration System.

I’d love to actually know what you consider a restriction on military personal. This should be good.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    This part?

However, an absent uniformed service voter or an overseas voter seeking a vote-by-mail ballot is not required to submit a signed, written request for a vote by-mail ballot that is being mailed to an address other than the elector’s address on file in the Florida Voter Registration System.

I’d love to actually know what you consider a restriction on military personal. This should be good.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3b5_story.html

Not only are GOP lawmakers reversing statutes that their own predecessors put in place, but they are also curtailing a practice that millions of state Republicans use, despite former president Donald Trump’s relentless and baseless claims that it invites fraud.

Even as Democrats and voting rights advocates accuse the proponents of Senate Bill 90 of attempting to suppress the votes of people of color, these Republicans say their own political fortunes are in peril, too.

The potential fallout in the key swing state illustrates how the Republican Party is hurting itself in its rush to echo Trump’s false allegations, they said.

“Donald Trump attempted to ruin a perfectly safe and trusted method of voting,” said one longtime Republican consultant in the state who spoke on the condition of anonymity to offer a candid assessment.

Senate Bill 90 requires voters to reapply for mail ballots every two-year election cycle, rather than every two cycles — or four years — as current law allows.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-07-2021 at 07:43 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3b5_story.html

Not only are GOP lawmakers reversing statutes that their own predecessors put in place, but they are also curtailing a practice that millions of state Republicans use, despite former president Donald Trump’s relentless and baseless claims that it invites fraud.

Even as Democrats and voting rights advocates accuse the proponents of Senate Bill 90 of attempting to suppress the votes of people of color, these Republicans say their own political fortunes are in peril, too.

The potential fallout in the key swing state illustrates how the Republican Party is hurting itself in its rush to echo Trump’s false allegations, they said.

“Donald Trump attempted to ruin a perfectly safe and trusted method of voting,” said one longtime Republican consultant in the state who spoke on the condition of anonymity to offer a candid assessment.

Senate Bill 90 requires voters to reapply for mail ballots every two-year election cycle, rather than every two cycles — or four years — as current law allows.
    I knew it would be amusing but this is straight laughable. You linked an article that could only reference the act of having to request a ballot each year as restrictive.

Do you actually believe this stuff. My god you have gone off of the deep end.

But continue to act holier than thou and say I’m not familiar with the bill while embarrassing yourself with the example you used for restrictive measures.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Anyhow, I have a hunch as to what types of voters are more likely to forget they have to apply for mail ballots every two years rather than four. We'll see.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I knew it would be amusing but this is straight laughable. You linked an article that could only reference the act of having to request a ballot each year as restrictive.

Do you actually believe this stuff. My god you have gone off of the deep end.
    The effect is to add an extra hoop to jump through. Certain voters are more likely to be forgetful than others. I'll leave it at that.

Florida for all its faults has had a very good and very secure voting system. Now it has a less good one.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Anyhow, I have a hunch as to what types of voters are more likely to forget they have to apply for mail ballots every two years rather than four. We'll see.
    Suppression!

Elderly are actually more aware of calendar items than young people. Not even sure what you’re talking about.

The state will also ensure that voters are aware they have to re register more frequently.

I’m still amazed and laughing at how this is the big bad restrictive measure in this bill. Weak sauce. Real weak.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The effect is to add an extra hoop to jump through. Certain voters are more likely to be forgetful than others. I'll leave it at that.

Florida for all its faults has had a very good and very secure voting system. Now it has a less good one.
    Oh man. People have to request a ballot to vote in an election in the greatest country in the world.

So

Much

Suppression
    Natural Immunity Croc