I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    so cerno or technofrog?

i just want to get to the bottom of things
    I can say with certainty that these sources weren't reporting GA voting law as Jim Crow.

The lecturers preferred sources were.

They were lying. He was wrong.

Again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    with all due respect the GDT ain't a source...for a minute i thought you had something
    Links to news reports and local officials statement were posted in the thread. It got immediate attention due to the time discrepancy that sturg referred to. Some of were watching at 9:00 when the "water main break" was initially reported.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Links to news reports and local officials statement were posted in the thread. It got immediate attention due to the time discrepancy that sturg referred to. Some of were watching at 9:00 when the "water main break" was initially reported.
    I'm still all ears for a plausible explanation for how this could have compromised the integrity or accuracy of the vote count. I know the Secretary of State's office has looked at it. But I guess they are deep state or something. I'm sure the folks the legislature will be appointing for the next go round will have more credibility.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I'm still all ears for a plausible explanation for how this could have compromised the integrity or accuracy of the vote count.
    You don't seem to be, otherwise the problems with continuing to count after sending observers home wouldn't need to be explained.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    You don't seem to be, otherwise the problems with continuing to count after sending observers home wouldn't need to be explained.
    I am. But having done a little digging, I haven't come up with anything plausible. I'm leaning toward nothing burger. But if you have something I'll read it.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I am. But having done a little digging, I haven't come up with anything plausible. I'm leaning toward nothing burger. But if you have something I'll read it.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-new...JVAIGJBNBSVJY/

https://fetchyournews.com/news/trump...fraud-georgia/

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-new...DHMH63POL3RKQ/

Gabe Sterling, who is managing the rollout of Georgia’s new voting system, said Tuesday the state is looking into two Election Day issues: a water leak that delayed counting of absentee ballots, and Republican monitors who left their observation posts after being told all was done that night only to find out counting had continued.

Though the statewide recount is wrapping up, Sterling said initial findings from an independent monitor allegedly show “generally bad management” with Fulton’s absentee ballots. Part of the deal that put the independent monitor in place also holds Fulton responsible for a $50,000 civil fine for violations.
    As for monitors being told to go home: There was confusion about when workers processing absentee-by-mail ballots at State Farm Arena would stop. Fulton officials said work would stop at 10:30 p.m. on Election Night.

Though quickly criticized by the county chairman, Barron said he sent almost all of his staff home because some were tired to the point of being “counter-productive.” And so GOP observers left because they thought counting was done for the night. But five county workers stayed to process more ballots until 1 a.m.

The Georgia GOP was not happy. Barron has said he is aware of the mistake and that the GOP is welcome to observe, as they did during the weekend recount.

Sterling said investigators had pulled video footage from that night to determine what happened. Officials have said the state’s independent monitor was there to witness counting.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Thanks. Based on what you have provided, I would say it was wrong to send the observers home at 10:30 pm if more vote counting was to occur. At the same time you have the state's independent monitor present to observe the counting by the five vote counters who continued counting past 10:30 pm. Plus of course, it is all there on video. The managers who let this happen should be disciplined in some way.

So....is there any plausible reason to think the count is not accurate?

I think we all know what went down. Something very bad and ugly happened in the country between election day and January 6. And the people who pushed the story of a stolen election and an illegitimate president continue to push it. That includes the people (like Giuliani) who apparently worked their will on the state legislature. I don't think they had to work very hard. Anyhow, I see a lot of dirty pool. But more on the GOP side. They took a little something (let's call it a slider rather than a nothing burger) and blew it up cuz they didn't like the outcome and their hero has an ego too delicate and fragile to be subjected to the rough and tumble of a democracy.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 04-08-2021 at 01:59 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Thanks. Based on what you have provided, I would say it was wrong to send the observers home at 10:30 pm if more vote counting was to occur. At the same time you have the state's independent monitor present to observe the counting by the five vote counters who continued counting by 10:30 pm. Plus of course, it is all there on video.

So....is there any plausible reason to think the count is not accurate?

I think we all know what went down. Something very bad and ugly happened in the country between election day and January 6. And the people who pushed the story of a stolen election and an illegitimate president continue to push it. That includes the people (like Giuliani) who apparently worked their will on the state legislature. I don't think they had to work very hard. Anyhow, I see a lot of dirty pool. But more on the GOP side. They took a little something (let's call it a slider rather than a nothing burger) and blew it up cuz they didn't like the outcome and their hero has an ego too delicate and fragile to be subjected to the rough and tumble of a democracy.
    Do we need plausible reasons, or do we want to encourage people to vote? Obvious shenanigans in a Dem stronghold that always has election shenanigans made people doubt the integrity of the Georgia election prior to Trump filing any lawsuits. By itself, without him saying a word, that occurring right before a massive influx of Dem votes made people believe the election was being stolen.

As for the independent monitor, you can thank the supposedly unbiased media, judges, teachers, etc for people not buying that. And if both parties trusted that person, they wouldn't post their own observers.
    Go get him!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Sweet sig Jaw
    Ivermectin Man

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-15-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Nsacpi’s position is do not trust what your eyes are seeing.

The confluence of events all led to one thing. A heavily slanted vote batch towards Biden was Counted without the agreed upon supervision from both parties.

Why count then? Why not wait till the following day?

Why were the votes underneath the table the whole day?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Do we need plausible reasons, or do we want to encourage people to vote? Obvious shenanigans in a Dem stronghold that always has election shenanigans made people doubt the integrity of the Georgia election prior to Trump filing any lawsuits. By itself, without him saying a word, that occurring right before a massive influx of Dem votes made people believe the election was being stolen.

As for the independent monitor, you can thank the supposedly unbiased media, judges, teachers, etc for people not buying that. And if both parties trusted that person, they wouldn't post their own observers.
    Do you think the vote count in Fulton County was changed?

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Completely irrelevant question as that was never said nor implied.

Makes you wonder if there is any bad faith for said poster.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Let’s also add that there was complete resistance to a signature audit of Fulton county.

Why?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    8 scofflaw counties simply failed to respond at all the The Star News Open Records requests:

Bibb, Brantley, Bryan, Chatham, Clay, Clayton, Dodge, Dooly, Evans, Franklin, Glynn, Houston, Jefferson, Johnson, Lamar, Lanier, Liberty, Long, Monroe, Pulaski, Sumter, Tift, Toombs, Troup, Turner, Upson, Wayne, and Wilkes.

hmmmm

scofflaws i say

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The Fulton County ballot transfer form data may, however, be incomplete. Fulton County officials responded to The Star News Open Records request on January 22 with two large PDF files. A review of those two files – one with a label that ended with BX-1, and another with a label that ended with BX-3 – showed ballot transfer form records for 36,635 absentee vote by mail ballots deposited in drop boxes.

That number is significantly lower than what was expected for Fulton County, given that The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported that 145,000 absentee vote by mail ballots were cast in Fulton County in the November 3, 2020 general election out of more than 524,000 votes cast. Based upon a roughly 55/45 percent split statewide between absentee vote by mail ballots sent via regular mail versus absentee absentee vote by mail ballots deposited in drop boxes, the expectation was that Fulton County would have about 70,000 absentee absentee vote by mail ballots deposited in drop boxes.

The Star News is contacting Fulton County officials to determine if a full accounting of ballot transfer forms was provided in the county’s January 22 response.

————

Fulton County have funny records?

You don’t say...
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    This was the tweet at 8:41pm on election night.

Now all the stories say it was at 6 am.

It seems to me they just lied to not make it look so bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This was the tweet at 8:41pm on election night.

Now all the stories say it was at 6 am.

It seems to me they just lied to not make it look so bad

Its worth pointing out that Trump was comfortably ahead at this point, and was predicted to win from the NYT needle and betting markets at this time

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    The right-wing social media talking points make my head hurt.

Trump claims he would win every battleground state like Colorado and even win a blue state like New York if their voting rules weren't rigged against him and too lax.

Post-All Star game moving, right-wing says New York and Colorado have more restrictive voting rules than Georgia, but they have continuously been voting blue.

Right-wing says GA Voter bill expands voter rights, yet have complained about the turnout being too one-sided because of mail-in voting in GA and why this bill needed to be passed.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/07/98485...JSy-FDkQ0fCT3U

There's a major difference between the states, though: Colorado votes by mail. Every registered voter receives a ballot about 15 to 20 days before the election. And instead of waiting in line at a polling station, the vast majority simply drop the ballot in a mailbox or a secure dropbox.

According to information from the secretary of state, 99.3% of Colorado primary voters used one of those methods last year.

So, while it's true that Colorado has fewer days for in-person voting, it also has far less demand for in-person voting. Voters rarely encounter lines here. And the ultimate result of Colorado's system is relatively high turnout.
    The Georgia law also bans mobile voting centers, and it strictly limits the use of dropboxes. This is another area where Colorado is moving in the opposite direction. Colorado had one dropbox per 9,400 active registered voters for the last election, with the secretary of state boasting about adding scores of new locations in the past few years.

Georgia has now set a cap of one box per 100,000 active registered voters. The metropolitan Atlanta area could see its number of dropboxes drop from 94 to 23, The New York Times reported. And, instead of being outdoors with 24-hour access, as many in Colorado are, the Georgia boxes must be inside government buildings and voting sites.
    Many precincts in inner-city Atlanta IIRC were "closed" last year, forcing a bigger cluster of people to go to one precinct with longer waiting times.

And of course we know sturg says if you don't want to wait 5 hours to vote good riddance. Doesn't understand why moves enacted like this are acts of voter suppression.
    Forever Fredi

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This idea that we need drop boxes is so outlandish it’s comical anyone discusses it.
    Natural Immunity Croc