Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Obesity Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I love Ethiopian food and have some friends who suffer from celiac. It is always a pleasure to turn them on to Ethiopian cuisine (including injera made from teff).
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-12-2023 at 09:13 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Any half-witted person would know to discount anything RFK Jr says as very likely to be a conspiracy theory. The problem for celiac sufferers is gluten not glyphosate.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Any half-witted person would know to discount anything RFK Jr says as very likely to be a conspiracy theory. The problem for celiac sufferers is gluten not glyphosate.
    Again you are missing the point.

I understand it can be difficult at your age.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Again you are missing the point.
    whatever you say sherlock

i did say only a dim-witted person would cite RFK Jr as an authority for anything

and stand by that

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ok- Explain this opinion.

Or don't.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    whatever you say sherlock

i did say only a dim-witted person would cite RFK Jr as an authority for anything

and stand by that
    Says the guy thats accomplished much less than RFK jr in his life-with much less of an education, and who is using him as an authority? I posted several other sources.

The data can certainly interpreted as such.

You still believe Round up doesn't cause human harm like Chat gp said?

They must be settling with those poor lymphoma patients out of the goodness of their hearts. Lol
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    is glyphosate used in teff-growing regions
    View other drafts

Yes, glyphosate is used in teff-growing regions, such as Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Kenya. It is the only chemical herbicide that is registered for use on teff, and it is used to control weeds before planting. Glyphosate is effective at killing weeds, but it is also a controversial herbicide. Some people believe that it is a dangerous carcinogen, while others believe that it is safe and effective.

The use of glyphosate on teff is a complex issue. On the one hand, glyphosate can help to increase crop yields and reduce the amount of manual labor that is required to weed teff fields. On the other hand, there are concerns about the potential health risks of glyphosate exposure.

The decision of whether or not to use glyphosate on teff is a personal one. It is important to weigh the potential risks and benefits of glyphosate use before making a decision.

Here are some additional information about glyphosate use in teff-growing regions:

In Ethiopia, glyphosate is the most widely used herbicide for teff production. A study by the International Food Policy Research Institute found that 68% of teff farmers in Tigray, Ethiopia, use glyphosate to control weeds.
    In Kenya, glyphosate is also used to control weeds in teff fields. A study by the University of Nairobi found that 52% of teff farmers in Nyandarua County, Kenya, use glyphosate.
    The use of glyphosate on teff is regulated in some countries. For example, in Ethiopia, the use of glyphosate is restricted to areas where there are no other options for weed control.
    I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Oh boy. Still missing on it.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Says the guy thats accomplished much less than RFK jr in his life-with much less of an education, and who is using him as an authority? I posted several other sources.

The data can certainly interpreted as such.

You still believe Round up doesn't cause human harm like Chat gp said?

They must be settling with those poor lymphoma patients out of the goodness of their hearts. Lol
    I didn't say anything like that.

But I did say glyphosate is not implicated in celiac. And cited teff as an interesting example of a cultivated grass that is safe for people with celiac. Because it is gluten free. Moreover, glyphosate is widely used in teff-growing areas. The fact that glyphosate is often used in such areas allows for an experiment of sorts. If the problem was glyphosate, then people with celiac would have problems when they eat injera. But they don't because injera made from teff is gluten-free.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I didn't say anything like that.

But I did say glyphosate is not implicated in celiac. And cited teff as an interesting example of a cultivated grass that is safe for people with celiac. Because it is gluten free. Moreover, glyphosate is widely used in teff-growing areas. The fact that glyphosate is often used in such areas allows for an experiment of sorts. If the problem was glyphosate, then people with celiac would have problems when they eat injera. But they don't because injera made from teff is gluten-free.
    I'd look closer at how it is used there vs how I pointed out it was used. It is in the text you posted several times.

I guess you don't support Chat GPs answers then? Then why post them if you don't believe in them?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    when did the link between celiac and gluten become clear

The link between celiac disease and gluten became clear in the early 1950s. In 1950, Dr. Willem Dicke, a Dutch pediatrician, observed that children with celiac disease who were placed on a gluten-free diet experienced remission of their symptoms. This led to the development of the gluten-free diet as a treatment for celiac disease.

Prior to this, celiac disease was poorly understood. It was thought to be a rare condition that was caused by a sensitivity to wheat. However, Dr. Dicke's research showed that celiac disease was actually an autoimmune disease that was triggered by gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye.

Since Dr. Dicke's discovery, the link between celiac disease and gluten has been further solidified by research. In 1974, Dr. Sidney Fajans and colleagues identified the HLA-DQ2 gene as a major genetic risk factor for celiac disease. This gene is present in about 90% of people with celiac disease.

In recent years, there has been a growing awareness of celiac disease. This is due in part to the increasing availability of gluten-free products and the growing number of celebrities who have spoken out about their diagnosis. As a result, more people are being diagnosed with celiac disease, and the link between celiac disease and gluten is becoming clearer than ever before.

Here are some additional milestones in the history of celiac disease research:

1888: Dr. Samuel Gee first describes celiac disease in a medical journal.
    1949: Dr. Willem Dicke identifies gluten as the trigger for celiac disease.
    1974: Dr. Sidney Fajans identifies the HLA-DQ2 gene as a major genetic risk factor for celiac disease.
    1989: The first gluten-free products are introduced to the market.
    2000: The National Institutes of Health (NIH) launches the Celiac Disease Awareness Campaign.
    2013: The NIH releases new guidelines for the diagnosis and management of celiac disease.
    Today, celiac disease is a well-understood condition that is treatable with a gluten-free diet. However, there is still much that we do not know about celiac disease. For example, we do not know exactly how gluten triggers an immune response in people with celiac disease. We also do not know why some people with celiac disease develop more severe symptoms than others.

Despite these gaps in our knowledge, celiac disease research is ongoing. As we learn more about celiac disease, we will be able to develop better treatments and prevention strategies.

are there factors other than gluten implicated in celiac

Yes, there are a few other factors that have been implicated in celiac disease, in addition to gluten. These include:

Intestinal infections: Some studies have shown that people with celiac disease are more likely to have had intestinal infections in the past. It is thought that these infections may damage the lining of the small intestine, making it more susceptible to gluten damage.
    Gut bacteria: The composition of the gut microbiota (the bacteria that live in the gut) may also play a role in celiac disease. Some studies have shown that people with celiac disease have different gut microbiota than people without celiac disease.
    Early nutrition: The way that babies are fed in early life may also be a factor in celiac disease. Some studies have shown that babies who are fed breast milk for a longer period of time are less likely to develop celiac disease.
    Genetics: Celiac disease is a complex genetic disorder, so there are likely many genes that contribute to its development. However, the HLA-DQ2 gene is the most well-known genetic risk factor for celiac disease.
    It is important to note that these are just a few of the factors that have been implicated in celiac disease. More research is needed to fully understand the role of these factors in the development of celiac disease.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

Not everyone with celiac disease will experience symptoms. Some people with celiac disease may have no symptoms at all, while others may experience a wide range of symptoms, including diarrhea, bloating, weight loss, fatigue, and anemia.
    There is no cure for celiac disease. However, the symptoms of celiac disease can be managed by following a gluten-free diet.
    A gluten-free diet is the only way to prevent celiac disease symptoms. A gluten-free diet is also important for people with celiac disease to maintain their health.
    If you are concerned that you may have celiac disease, it is important to see a doctor for testing. Early diagnosis and treatment are important for people with celiac disease to prevent long-term health complications.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Sugar is one of the most addictive substances out there. It's hard but I do try to avoid it and keep to a keto type diet.
    In a cruel joke, it turns out that the only drink worse than Coke is Diet Coke. They tell us now that most artificial sweeteners are actually worse than sugar.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    In a cruel joke, it turns out that the only drink worse than Coke is Diet Coke. They tell us now that most artificial sweeteners are actually worse than sugar.
    Listening to anything the WHO says makes you an idiot

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (09-01-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Down about 10 lbs just from cutting out a lot of alcohol.

Wife dropped it completely, and got shredded. I'm talking 8 pack and 6% body fat.

I drink about two saturdays a month, and not nearly as much. The inflammation alone it drops makes you look better. Game changer.
    Ivermectin Man

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (01-11-2024), Runnin (03-03-2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Obesity is now a greater health crisis than hunger. It's ironic that obesity is also a form of malnutrition.

A buddy of mine barely 60 yrs old just let a doctor talk him into having both knees replaced. Now he's taking opiates everyday for the pain and has to use a cane to walk. I guess the doctor didn't think being 50 lbs overweight was an issue. Telling the patient to stop eating crap food isn't profitable.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR