Thread: Interesting Fangraphs article on top 100 prospect Bias

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Interesting Fangraphs article on top 100 prospect Bias

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/looki...rospect-lists/

Not shocking TLS makes the list as a potential exclusion from the Top 100 who has a great MLB protential. I ahve to say though, I'm shocked Yadier didn't make the top 100. I could have sworn he had. Pretty crazy.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/looki...rospect-lists/

Not shocking TLS makes the list as a potential exclusion from the Top 100 who has a great MLB protential. I ahve to say though, I'm shocked Yadier didn't make the top 100. I could have sworn he had. Pretty crazy.
    Good article, but I don't think it's that surprising. BA values ceiling very highly and darn near every organization does as well. You win with stars and there aren't a ton of guys in the Fangraphs article who live in that tier of player. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of solid lunch-bucket guys mentioned and some who have out-performed their early minor league career projections by a lot. I think age/classification gets to be a bit of a lazy man's way of looking at prospects and there are a considerable number of guys in the Fangraphs article who needed that extra year at a level to get their development arc where it needs to be. I think Goldschmidt in Arizona is a very good example of that.