Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MCU Thread (Spoilers inside)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Thor Love and Thunder teaser is so good. Lots of good teases but it keeps the villain under wraps it seems.
    comic readers will know who the villain is

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I know. I mean the one big new character tease is someone that will probably be a victim of the villain. But everyone is curious on the specific look and voice. Because it's Christian Bale people are excited we've gotten teased but no confirmation on either of those things.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    I know. I mean the one big new character tease is someone that will probably be a victim of the villain. But everyone is curious on the specific look and voice. Because it's Christian Bale people are excited we've gotten teased but no confirmation on either of those things.
    true.

Looks aren't always everything. But based on this, I am excited for the movie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Thanos?
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Thanos?
    The comic version of this villain would curb stomp Thanos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    The comic version of this villain would curb stomp Thanos.
    Well then where was this asshole when Thanos was coming to kill half the world? He just down with maybe getting dusted?
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Well then where was this asshole when Thanos was coming to kill half the world? He just down with maybe getting dusted?
    Well I should say. A Thanos without the infinity gauntlet would get curb stomped. Pretty sure that with the infinity gauntlet you can trump anything else in Marvel until you get to the Beyonders and One-Above-All type beings who exist outside of the multiverse and can literally do whatever they want.

And I'll just say it since this is a spoiler thread. Gorr The God Butcher is crazy strong got his name by literally killing gods (or what humans would perceive as gods, like Thor, Zeus, etc). He's crazy strong but likely would have had no idea what Thanos was planning with the infinity stones so had no need to intervene in that situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Well I should say. A Thanos without the infinity gauntlet would get curb stomped. Pretty sure that with the infinity gauntlet you can trump anything else in Marvel until you get to the Beyonders and One-Above-All type beings who exist outside of the multiverse and can literally do whatever they want.

And I'll just say it since this is a spoiler thread. Gorr The God Butcher is crazy strong got his name by literally killing gods (or what humans would perceive as gods, like Thor, Zeus, etc). He's crazy strong but likely would have had no idea what Thanos was planning with the infinity stones so had no need to intervene in that situation.
    It also plays out along the lines of not caring because it wasn't in competition with his goals. And he may have been snapped away.

Seems like MCU is slowly going bigger and bigger. Gorr the Godbutcher and Kang. COuld set up the next big bad after them as Galactus.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    It also plays out along the lines of not caring because it wasn't in competition with his goals. And he may have been snapped away.

Seems like MCU is slowly going bigger and bigger. Gorr the Godbutcher and Kang. COuld set up the next big bad after them as Galactus.
    A couple of things I am curious about. How much of Gorr's back story will we see? All-Black the Necrosword is confirmed to be in the movie. Will Marvel simply change it's backstory that it was the first symbiote or does Marvel have those rights since the sword and Knull (creator of the symbiots) did not exist when Marvel sold Sony the Spiderman rights?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    A couple of things I am curious about. How much of Gorr's back story will we see? All-Black the Necrosword is confirmed to be in the movie. Will Marvel simply change it's backstory that it was the first symbiote or does Marvel have those rights since the sword and Knull (creator of the symbiots) did not exist when Marvel sold Sony the Spiderman rights?
    I would assume the latter. They may change the name of the symbiote to something close, like when they were using inhumans to replace mutants at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    How does a normal dude that loses his family just start killing Gods?

Like without some freaky bad ass training?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Magic sword that gave him more powers. Kind of think Venom meets XP farming.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts

As Zito said. His sword is technically the first symbiote ever created and can absorb the abilities of who it kills. So Gorr can use said abilities while wielding the sword.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    I think the way they have explained it, is that the symbiote is connected across multi-verses as well, which is why Venom was blinked over during the credits of Spider-Man: NWH, despite Eddie having no idea who Peter Parker is. So the origin of the symbiote could be different across multiverses, but still be connected. Sort of similar to the Madame Web story arc in the Spiderman comics, which it seems like the MCU might be touching on soon.
    Last edited by Carp; 04-22-2022 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Just got back from Doctor Strange. It's a quality film overall, hardly perfect but it's got a good number of references and callbacks. I think my favorite was Captain Carter, everyone lost their **** when John Krasinski showed up as Reed Richards, and Patrick Stewart as professor X.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Just got back from Doctor Strange. It's a quality film overall, hardly perfect but it's got a good number of references and callbacks. I think my favorite was Captain Carter, everyone lost their **** when John Krasinski showed up as Reed Richards, and Patrick Stewart as professor X.
    Watched it in 3D with my daughter yesterday. We enjoyed it, but I thought the first Strange was better. This one lacked that feeling of awe that the Sorcerer Supreme provided in the first movie.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Watched it in 3D with my daughter yesterday. We enjoyed it, but I thought the first Strange was better. This one lacked that feeling of awe that the Sorcerer Supreme provided in the first movie.
    I can see that. It's a different film for sure. Seemed to be more of a table setter for another film (or perhaps the big bad of phase 4/5) as opposed to a deep dive into Strange. I'm assuming it's setting up Secret Wars

I like Wanda as the villain and hopefully now she can get her proper redemption arc. She certainly didn't die on the film. She's likely Dr. Manhattaning somewhere.

It also is setting up YOung Avengers as now we've seen Kate Bishop, America Chavez, Wiccan, Speed and soon Ms. Marvel and Ironheart. We've also seen though not powered up Eli Bradley, Cassie Lang, kind of kid loki.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    It's expanding faster than I can keep up. We've probably seen 10 of the movies and none of the shows. It leaves some big gaps, like Wanda's kids.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    It's expanding faster than I can keep up. We've probably seen 10 of the movies and none of the shows. It leaves some big gaps, like Wanda's kids.
    I mean I think they did a good job just setting the concept without the big buildup of the show. The idea of a mom hunting for children corrupted and powerful by an all knowing and powerful book was set in the film.

But it's better with knowing everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Yeah, that was more of an observation than a complaint, the scope of this whole thing is incredible. I can't think of anything else like it. I know Brandon Sanderson has a spreadsheet and an assistant responsible for keeping all the lore of the Cosmere straight. I can't imagine how the people in charge of MCU do it.
    Go get him!