Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MCU Thread (Spoilers inside)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Yeah, that was more of an observation than a complaint, the scope of this whole thing is incredible. I can't think of anything else like it. I know Brandon Sanderson has a spreadsheet and an assistant responsible for keeping all the lore of the Cosmere straight. I can't imagine how the people in charge of MCU do it.
    I mean they have a huge reference in the comics. It's bound to get away from them multiple times. Keeping canon straight is always tough.

I do hope we get some more insular films soon. It looks like Thor Love and Thunder will have a healthy amount of bloat to it. But I'm here for it. I like the first teases of Gorr and the seriousness of that flexed with the humor and visuals that Taika is killing it with. Trailer slaps.

But I hope movies like Black Panther Wakanda forever and Guardians 3 set some stuff up, but also stay tight. Rumor is Guardians 3 is the end of this crew as Gunn indicated he's done as has Dave Bautista, Chris Pratt, etc.

What will be interesting is the inevitable reset that has to be coming soon. Like with X-Men and Fantastic 4 being involved now, and if they can play nice with Sony for Spiderman, Marvel could just reboot the whole MCU.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Just got back from Doctor Strange. It's a quality film overall, hardly perfect but it's got a good number of references and callbacks. I think my favorite was Captain Carter, everyone lost their **** when John Krasinski showed up as Reed Richards, and Patrick Stewart as professor X.
    Watched it 2 weeks ago. Thought Krasinski as a Reed Richards was way out of place. He just doesn't fit that character, imo. Also seems weird that she can render Black Bolt and Reed Richards useless so easily, but has such a problem with Captain Carter.

Also, while I know it's a movie, why did they try using magic cannons to defeat her.... Does magic protect her a regular bullet to head? I kinda feel like it doesn't.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    It's expanding faster than I can keep up. We've probably seen 10 of the movies and none of the shows. It leaves some big gaps, like Wanda's kids.
    So far, the only shows that have really moved the big picture of the MCU plots along is WandaVision and Loki. Yes, the other shows introduced other new characters, but none of them seem likely to be large parts of the MCU going forward. Maybe Kingpin, but he seems like he'll be a recurring TV Series villain, rather than part of the bigger MCU.

The Loki series was pretty huge for the future of the MCU though. A lot will be built off of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Need to hunt down trailers but we have a switch to Phase 5 mid stream. Phase 4 seems to be ending with BP:WF and 5 starts with Ant-Man and Wasp.

Phase 5 will have Guardians 3, Blade, Captain America 4, Marvels, and supposedly closes outy with Thunderbotls. There's some questions about the Marvels.

Lots of TV shows, but I'm mainly here for Daredevil: Born Again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Thunderbolts confirmed, assuming we'll get a release later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Black Panther Wakanda Forever just proves that Ryan Coogler knows how to make a quality blockbuster.

This was a bit long for my liking. But he did a great job of crafting Shuri into being the character they needed her to be without too many leaps.

Some of the things I like.

First off I love when Marvel movies don't have the entire fate of the world at the balance. One could argue that if Wakanda didn't win then the world would have been in trouble. Though of course if the world gets too much in trouble, you have Thor, Hulk, etc. all who could come to the aid.

Secondly, the film does a great job of continuing to develop it's characters. I do miss Daniel Kaluya, but I get why he's not there.

Third, damn it was a smart choice to have her see Killmonger. It could have been her parents, but it made sense. I didn't think about it but yeah it made sense. And it was great. Michael B. Jordan of course killed it.

Lastly, Coogler killing off characters though. Lots of love with that.