Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: No All Star Game in Atlanta This Season?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The same absentee forms that are being REQUESTED by the elderly with voter identification?
    So a caregiver can't be the one requesting that? Is that what you're saying?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    So a caregiver can't be the one requesting that? Is that what you're saying?
    I just want to know how much voter fraud you think exists is all.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    And that doesn't seem ridiculous to you? Are we really worried that passing out water is gonna lead to voter fraud or is going to heavily influence even a local election?

If we're going to give the people the benefit of the doubt that absentee forms mailed out to elderly and handicapped are actually being filled out by them and not their caregivers, I think we can give people the same benefit of the doubt that they can pass out water without asking people to vote for a particular candidate.

It's petty stuff like this that give opponents even more ammunition against the bill.
    It builds the fallacy that people are standing around for hours and walking 2 miles uphill in the snow to vote.

You have like 2 weeks to vote- and it usually takes 15 minutes or less.

I don't really care about that stipulation- either way. I think it was put in to prevent people from doing "more" on site for votes is all. Then people say they can't access water while in line and you get the hullabalooo we have over it.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    I mean a caregiver in TX in was brought up on charges of voter fraud for sending in applications for 67 residents. So what I am arguing clearly exists.

But please tell me more about how offering bottled water is such a danger to the integrity of our voting system.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I just want to know how much voter fraud you think exists is all.
    It's INCREDIBLY rare - so much so that in the last ten years (nationally) there haven't been enough substantiated cases to have overturned the state of Georgia results in the 2020 election.

Are there a handful of cases in every election? Of course there are. The problem is that there aren't enough cases over a 10-20 year period for all this hand-wringing UNLESS you're simply trying to limit the number of voters in elections. There's no chance all this crap is going to eradicate every single case. NONE.

The only way Sobotka doesn't EVENTUALLY get Mike Trout out is if you make sure he doesn't pitch to him.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    It builds the fallacy that people are standing around for hours and walking 2 miles uphill in the snow to vote.

You have like 2 weeks to vote- and it usually takes 15 minutes or less.

I don't really care about that stipulation- either way. I think it was put in to prevent people from doing "more" on site for votes is all. Then people say they can't access water while in line and you get the hullabalooo we have over it.
    But that does happen. It may be infrequent, but it does happen. And I would venture to say the likelihood of a person handing out water to sway a person's vote is incredibly small.

It's not really worth either side getting all worked up over, but only side thought it was relevant enough to include it into their bill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I mean a caregiver in TX in was brought up on charges of voter fraud for sending in applications for 67 residents. So what I am arguing clearly exists.

But please tell me more about how offering bottled water is such a danger to the integrity of our voting system.
    Who provides the funding for the waters? Who is making sure it’s just water?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    It's INCREDIBLY rare - so much so that in the last ten years (nationally) there haven't been enough substantiated cases to have overturned the state of Georgia results in the 2020 election.

Are there a handful of cases in every election? Of course there are. The problem is that there aren't enough cases over a 10-20 year period for all this hand-wringing UNLESS you're simply trying to limit the number of voters in elections. There's no chance all this crap is going to eradicate every single case. NONE.

The only way Sobotka doesn't EVENTUALLY get Mike Trout out is if you make sure he doesn't pitch to him.
    Has any election been formally audited to identify fraud?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    LOL what??? Surely you're just trolling now.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Has any election been formally audited to identify fraud?
    Have the people screaming that the elections are rigged and that there are millions of illegal votes cast in every election submitted ONE bill that funds auditing an election? Easy answer - nope. No sense spending money when you already know the answer.

OTOH they've submitted hundreds of bills to limit the amount of people allowed to vote.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

CK86 (04-03-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    LOL what??? Surely you're just trolling now.
    Not at all.

What’s the answer to the questions?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Have the people screaming that the elections are rigged and that there are millions of illegal votes cast in every election submitted ONE bill that funds auditing an election? Easy answer - nope. No sense spending money when you already know the answer.

OTOH they've submitted hundreds of bills to limit the amount of people allowed to vote.
    Can you share the bills that limit the amount of people to vote?

I’d support a full audit of every election moving forward. What we saw in 2020 can never happen again.

But maybe you can clarify about why you think all fraud has been caught when virtually no audits have been performed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Most Americans are too dumb to vote anyway. Everything is so left opinionated or so right opinionated that there is no news that is just news. All the major networks have to give their take on what happened, that what really happened or is happening gets lost. I mean I understand why. You have to fill 24 hours of programming somehow. But it skews one way or the other. So most Americans vote based on what Sean Hannity or Racheal Madow tells them. Very few read and truly understand what is happening.

One reason I like sports. It should be an avenue to just get away for a few hours. But instead it too has to opine on what I should or should not believe or think. Just take my dollars and let me enjoy your gifts of greatness. If you want to be out spoken about an issue then do that off the field. Go be a crusader. I don’t care.
    Coppy

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Garmel (03-29-2021), Tapate50 (03-29-2021), thethe (03-29-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    It's irrelevant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Nancy is the last politician I've seen scream about election fraud. That said- I don't watch news really and I'm not of FB.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    It's irrelevant.
    Interesting position.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    It's irrelevant.
    It is a stupid hill to die on. But it would prevent canidates from handing out water with political promises written on them. Like vote for me and I will give you 1400 bucks when elected. Things like that which could change peoples mind. And who is to say it would be just water. Maybe repubs start catering meals at the local polling places. Could easily sway Jim bob from voting for that local democrat.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    It is a stupid hill to die on. But it would prevent canidates from handing out water with political promises written on them. Like vote for me and I will give you 1400 bucks when elected. Things like that which could change peoples mind. And who is to say it would be just water. Maybe repubs start catering meals at the local polling places. Could easily sway Jim bob from voting for that local democrat.
    Exactly. Any time you create a system where something of value is transferred there is an expectation that something else of value will be reciprocated.

It’s best to eliminate any opportunity.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Interesting position.
    It's effing water.

I see you didn't reply the post about the caregiver being brought up on charges of voter fraud.

So the question remains, why are you willing to give people the benefit of the doubt that all absentee ballots being requested and sent in are legit, but have a big issue with handing out water, which seems super unlikely to affect anything other than making people less thirsty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    It's effing water.

I see you didn't reply the post about the caregiver being brought up on charges of voter fraud.

So the question remains, why are you willing to give people the benefit of the doubt that all absentee ballots being requested and sent in are legit, but have a big issue with handing out water, which seems super unlikely to affect anything other than making people less thirsty.
    Are you trying to convince me that voter fraud exists? I’m in that boat. It’s about eliminating as much as possible in altering the voters true intention. I’d be happy to discuss ways to eliminate the fraud you suggested though. I could actually find a post of mine that said watch the nursing homes for voter fraud if you’d like.
    Natural Immunity Croc