Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: No All Star Game in Atlanta This Season?

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    No it isn’t. Everything you want to remain was not voted on and written by a representative governement.

Saying you don’t want any changes to what was done for the pandemic means that you don’t believe in our system of government. There are plenty of ****holes in the world that believe what you do. You are welcome to go there and not ruin the greatest country this world has seen.
    You guys love dodging almost as much as you love imputing strawmen to people with whom you disagree.

I never said anything about "[not wanting] any changes to what was done for the pandemic". There's a lot of things I hope go back to "normal", though I also recognize not all of those things will be able to return to "normal", and not all will return on a timeline convenient for me; I also think there are some things that shouldn't change back, as we learn lessons about human adaptability, generating a few positives out of what was otherwise a pretty massive, pretty tragic global crisis.

As for the more immediate, actual topic-at-hand: What I actually said was that ballot-access needs to be as easy, and voting as frictionless, as humanly possible. Dismantling an infrastructure that helped achieve that, then pretending that doing 5% better than how things were before that expansion of infrastructure, is disingenuous at best—and I'm tempted not to assume the best of motivations here.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    ASG isn't allowed, but 81 regular season games ok?
    Yup. Idiotic. Majority of Metro Atlanta is AA. So this primarily hurts the AA community.

The bill has some dumb things in it, but it's a far cry from Jim Crow laws. Sensationalism at it's finest.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

PawPawMaxwell (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You are dismantling an infrastructure that is an audit nightmare because of how many vectors of fraud you are introducing. You can’t possibly think losing chain of custody for hundreds of thousands of votes gives voters more comfort the election is legitimate.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    How do we know it was the most secured exactly? Because some government non elected official said it was?
    Who said it wasn't, other than sore loser Trump and his cronies? I'm still waiting for the Kraken.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    This has been fun... I'm off to happy hour. And if the waiter asks me for my ID to order a beer, ill be organizing the biggest boycott ever against such a racist establishment

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Yup. Idiotic. Majority of Metro Atlanta is AA. So this primarily hurts the AA community.

The bill has some dumb things in it, but it's a far cry from Jim Crow laws. Sensationalism at it's finest.
    It's a far cry from Jim Crow laws of the past, but only because this is what they can get away with in 2021.

The intent is the same, even if the overall effect is less than it was decades ago.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    LMAO. You've shown your true self time and time again. I'm not surprised. Standing up for democracy by challenging only states/districts where those brown people voted too much? Keep trying.

Do you go to Braves games? Just wondering? Perhaps there should be a chop country get together to discuss these tangible musings.
    Well you just see everything through cooor. That’s a shame.

Fact of the matter is these states unconstitutionally changed voting laws and the election wasnunauditable. You somehow think this is fine. That is what was being fought.
    Natural Immunity Croc

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Vote by mail is universally viewed as opening the door to massive election fraud. That is an undeniable fact but the left somehow is making an argument that showing an ID to get one and cast one is somehow too much to ask for.
    In realty there should be absolutely no excuse mail in voting and just massively expand in person voting.

LMAO. You do realize that there were only 31 cases of voter fraud even existed between 2006-2014. 8,0000 or so absentee ballots were rejected in person in 2006 because they had already voted. We're talking billions of ballots. LMAO Massive. Only one person told people to vote twice...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Vote by mail is universally viewed as opening the door to massive election fraud. That is an undeniable fact but the left somehow is making an argument that showing an ID to get one and cast one is somehow too much to ask for.
    In realty there should be absolutely no excuse mail in voting and just massively expand in person voting.
    Saying something is "universal" does not make it universal. There is hardly any such consensus. In fact, if there is a consensus, it's that "absentee" voting (whether by-mail or via dropbox) is not only quite secure, but very effective in improving qualified-voter turnout.

I haven't voted in person in at least a decade.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-02-2021)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This has been fun... I'm off to happy hour. And if the waiter asks me for my ID to order a beer, ill be organizing the biggest boycott ever against such a racist establishment
    Perhaps you're ordering a White Russian? Ha. Enjoy Sturg..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Who said it wasn't, other than sore loser Trump and his cronies? I'm still waiting for the Kraken.
    I’m just wondering when we are going to get that audit of Fulton county or why the maricopa country board is still fighting an audit.

These election issues could have been solved in 1 week after election results were announced. Then all of the voting changes would have had to have been kept because there are no arguments to change them. Fact of the matter is the democrats ran out the clock on any audit because they didn’t want people to understand the straight cluster**** the voting process was.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Perhaps you're ordering a White Russian? Ha. Enjoy Sturg..
    Thanks fella. And I do appreciate you bringing some actual substance to this debate.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Saying something is "universal" does not make it universal. There is hardly any such consensus. In fact, if there is a consensus, it's that "absentee" voting (whether by-mail or via dropbox) is not only quite secure, but very effective in improving qualified-voter turnout.

I haven't voted in person in at least a decade.
    Absentee ballots are granted for specific reasons and I support all of that. Let’s just assume when people speak out about voting by mail it’s the no excuse absentee ballot that is bei by discussed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Ordering a beer is not an enumerated right. Voting is.

In the meantime, I pray you actually (properly) tip this hypothetical service-industry worker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    It's literally been explained 10 times in this thread. If you can't grasp it by now, you never will.

Just go drink soon more laundry detergent you stole from your neighbor and pass out, you toothless hick.
    Was I talking to you you fckn pussy lip? No...go play frisbee golf with your Fck daddies and hit a local brewery to drink homemade beer you fckn lib...Tell your fat wife I said Hi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    LMAO. You do realize that there were only 31 cases of voter fraud even existed between 2006-2014. 8,0000 or so absentee ballots were rejected in person in 2006 because they had already voted. We're talking billions of ballots. LMAO Massive. Only one person told people to vote twice...
    Can you also tell me how many audits were conducted to identify fraud during that time frame?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Ordering a beer is not an enumerated right. Voting is.

In the meantime, I pray you actually (properly) tip this hypothetical service-industry worker.
    I assume you support ID to purchase a firearm right?

Terrible voting is consequential as well as we are seeing down at the border.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Absentee ballots are granted for specific reasons and I support all of that. Let’s just assume when people speak out about voting by mail it’s the no excuse absentee ballot that is bei by discussed.
    The specific reason is that it makes it easier to vote, which is an objectively good thing.

Both Arizona and Montana encourage "absentee" voting for all qualified voters, as a matter of course. And it's an objectively good thing—even when the results of an election don't follow one's own ideological sway (eg: Montana's 2020 elections).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    One of the better threads on here...enjoy happy hour! You’re privileged!!

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    One of the better threads on here...enjoy happy hour! You’re privileged!!
    Now you're talking!