Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: No All Star Game in Atlanta This Season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    The specific reason is that it makes it easier to vote, which is an objectively good thing.

Both Arizona and Montana encourage "absentee" voting for all qualified voters, as a matter of course. And it's an objectively good thing—even when the results of an election don't follow one's own ideological sway (eg: Montana's 2020 elections).
    For people with a genuine reason why they can’t vote in person.

If we must introduce a massive fraud risk to our election process the least we can do is mandate government identification.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Great. Are you going to volunteer to drive them to get that ID? Maybe you will babysit their kids while they sit there for hours? Maybe you can help them get the required documentation in order to get an ID?

The problem with "non-woke" people is they can't look beyond the assumptions they make about life based on the conditions they were born and raised.
    How do you suppose poor people sign up for government funded programs?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Can you also tell me how many audits were conducted to identify fraud during that time frame?
    Oops. You got me on that. I haven't looked into that. Perhaps in 2024 we can revisit that.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    For people with a genuine reason why they can’t vote in person.
    Incorrect. Both of those states send mail-in/drop-off ballots to all qualified voters who register, without any need to justify an inability to vote in person.

I assume you support ID to purchase a firearm right?
    Purchasing a firearm is not the same as bearing it. And it's also pretty easy to do the former without an ID.

But, as I've said, my issue is not with Voter ID requirements, per se, but that they aren't coincident with a dramatic increase in the free availability/accessibility of said official identification.
    Last edited by jpx7; 04-02-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    Oops. You got me on that. I haven't looked into that. Perhaps in 2024 we can revisit that.
    Don’t pretend that your fraud confirmation figures mean anything at all when no election is actually audited.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    How do you suppose poor people sign up for government funded programs?
    They often struggle to do so.

Illinois SNAP benefits were, for example, notoriously difficult to access for poor and minority residents, especially those in cities, and especially those in Chicago. And that's a so-called woke-liberal municipality, in a supposedly solid-blue state—so imagine how much more difficult that might be in states where government-funded programs are treated as anathema!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    It's a far cry from Jim Crow laws of the past, but only because this is what they can get away with in 2021.

The intent is the same, even if the overall effect is less than it was decades ago.
    GA is hardly the only state to require ID to vote. Nor is voting the only thing that requires ID.

The main issues with the bill I have are the banning of voting buses and giving out water. Otherwise, the bill is not unreasonable.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Don’t pretend that your fraud confirmation figures mean anything at all when no election is actually audited.
    And don't pretend your "massive election fraud" statement is truth either. Works both ways.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-02-2021)

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Incorrect. Both of those states send mail-in/drop-off ballots to all qualified voters who register, without any need to justify an inability to vote in person.

Purchasing a firearm is not the same as bearing it. And it's also pretty easy to do the former without an ID.

But, as I've said, my issue is not with Voted ID requirements, per se, but that they aren't coincident with a dramatic increase in the free availability/accessibility of said official identification.
    I wasn’t commenting on those states and should have made that clarification. Absentee ballots were always intended to provide citizens an opportunity to vote in their state if they were out of state or had another valid reason why they were unable to show up in person.

I personally believe that any no excuse mail in ballot is a disaster waiting to happen. I don’t think people really understood what happened in 2020. People want elections to have this low of a confidence level from an audit perspective. The risk levels are off the charts.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    And don't pretend your "massive election fraud" statement is truth either. Works both ways.
    States are fighting to prevent audits. Why?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    I wasn’t commenting on those states and should have made that clarification. Absentee ballots were always intended to provide citizens an opportunity to vote in their state if they were out of state or had another valid reason why they were unable to show up in person.

I personally believe that any no excuse mail in ballot is a disaster waiting to happen. I don’t think people really understood what happened in 2020. People want elections to have this low of a confidence level from an audit perspective. The risk levels are off the charts.
    I don't think you really understand what happened in 2020.

---

Meanwhile, I'm guessing you haven't lived in a state like Arizona or Montana, or even in a rural area in the relatively-more-compact Back East States. Often times, your home address is a valid reason for not being reasonably able to "show up in person"—but that logic doesn't only extend to rural residents of sparse and distant counties of the sprawling American interior. Indeed, often citizens in dense cities nonetheless face the same practical, home-address-based barriers to a reasonable expectation of "showing up in person".

We should send a returnable ballot to every qualified voter, and let them decide whether they can and should instead "show up in person" to vote.
    Last edited by jpx7; 04-02-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I don't think you really understand what happened in 2020.
    The hundreds of thousands of votes that lost full chain of custody in Georgia?

How about the complete dumbing down of signature requirements in Georgia?

What part do you want to discuss. I’ve listen to so much election coverage I’d be welcome to discuss the massive irregularities that existed and marry them to the laws that were unconstitutionally changed.
    Natural Immunity Croc

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    States are fighting to prevent audits. Why?
    You spout the same fraud stupidity those T-supporters do with no substance and no evidence. No statistical analysis to back up any of it. Electronic systems that tell poll workers whether a voter has requested a mail ballot, and whether that ballot has already been received exists. They know within 6 seconds when ballots are casts. And they also know if a duplicate vote exist. There is a reason why Dominion is making Rudy and Sidney amongst others look stupid They have as much evidence as you do about election fraud.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I'm interested in this. Can you explain?

What part do you want to discuss. I’ve listen to so much election coverage I’d be welcome to discuss the massive irregularities that existed and marry them to the laws that were unconstitutionally changed.
    See above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You spout the same fraud stupidity those T-supporters do with no substance and no evidence. No statistical analysis to back up any of it. Electronic systems that tell poll workers whether a voter has requested a mail ballot, and whether that ballot has already been received exists. They know within 6 seconds when ballots are casts. And they also know if a duplicate vote exist. There is a reason why Dominion is making Rudy and Sidney amongst others look stupid They have as much evidence as you do about election fraud.
    The dominion stuff with vote changing by an algorithm was always kooky. Would you like to talk about the higher than usual amount of votes that were adjudicated which were ran through dominion voting machines?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    They often struggle to do so.

Illinois SNAP benefits were, for example, notoriously difficult to access for poor and minority residents, especially those in cities, and especially those in Chicago. And that's a so-called woke-liberal municipality, in a supposedly solid-blue state—so imagine how much more difficult that might be in states where government-funded programs are treated as anathema!
    I'm sure certain states are worse than others, but I don't know that I could categorize it as "often." As someone who has previously worked in government/state funded departments and whose wife currently works for one, I can tell you there are plenty of resources to get people assistance if they need it. Rarely was it an issue signing someone up for benefits who qualified.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    See above.
    https://tennesseestar.com/2021/03/04...flaw-counties/

I view the election from a trained auditors perspective. When the chain of custody is broken you have a much lower level of confidence the actual voters intention is being represented through the submitted vote.

A full audit would have quelled these concerns but for some reason Georgia republicans were doing everything possible to not open up the books in Fulton county. Do you know what an auditor would think of their client refused to provide them with a sales ledger?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts

There is virtually no legitimate evidence of what you allege.

And thus concludes my foolish, futile, once-yearly attempt to reason with you.

We can now return to your jinxing Braves prospects and dreaming on Sean Newcomb.

It is, ultimately, unfortunate that we won't get to see Freeman and Acuña, and maybe Ozuna and Albies, playing in an ASG in front of their home fans. It's also unfortunate that the franchise will miss out on some revenue on which they were likely counting. But it's likewise really unfortunate that fewer qualified voters in Georgia will be able to easily vote than were able to easily vote six months ago.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    As often happens, we have taken a true principle, (making it easier to vote) and taken it to the point of absurdity (no way to ensure ballot security).

We have all dug in on our positions, and nobody is going to give in, but I see this bill as an honest attempt to find a balance... making it easier to vote, but still not as easy as some would like, while maintaining some level of security in the voting process, but not as much as some would like.

As far as the accusation that this is just voter suppression in disguise, and is done to intentionally to harm minorities... poppycock!

For those who believe that minorities are victims who need extra help to vote??? If the problem is that it is difficult to get an ID, then that is the problem that should be addressed, not allowing voting without it. I do dislike the whole concept of ballot harvesting.

We should be looking at the problem rather than just accusing each other of ill intent. I don't think anyone has ill intent, just different perspectives.

I don't live in Georgia, so it is not my fight, but I have read up on the issue and formed my own opinion independent of what anybody is trying to sell.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (04-02-2021), Tapate50 (04-02-2021)