Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: No All Star Game in Atlanta This Season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    you can check out the case law on the amount of discretion the executive branch has in writing up the administrative details that implement legislation...there is often a fair amount of discretion granted...and if a novel situation comes up (such as a pandemic) that discretion comes into play

but now is the time for a candidate in an upcoming election to file suit...the courts will not entertain a lawsuit after the candidate determines he or she doesn't like the outcome
    And if one comes up now they’ll throw it out because of no injury.

Convenient
    Natural Immunity Croc

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The left wing media has been exposed on countless occasions. The amount of hair in fire stories that ended up being the exact opposite are too many to count.

So while you may see the term low information as some sort of race comment the rest of see it as a commentary on the progressive ideological believer.
    I don't depend on one source or TV or the nickel and dime newspaper rag to discern what's real for ME. You painted a picture with cute words to mean low information minorities. Play your stupid games elsewhere. I'm not one for them nor do I think you're the authority on what affects minorities or specifically me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Sounds too much like ostrichism.
    Yeah it's one of those words I would stumble over. Doesnt make it a bad word.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-02-2021)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    I don't depend on one source or TV or the nickel and dime newspaper rag to discern what's real for ME. You painted a picture with cute words to mean low information minorities. Play your stupid games elsewhere. I'm not one for them nor do I think you're the authority on what affects minorities or specifically me.
    I can tell you with certainty that when I think of low information voters, I am not thinking about minorities.

On this board I think of people like goldy, 57, among others. They are white as far as I know.

But they know less than a house fly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You have a whole set of voters that actually thought the Biden laptop was Russian disinformation. You guys are low information and have a sadistic obsession with making everything about race. Look in the mirror. That’s a you issue.

But you don’t really care about anyone that would know about the Minorities plight. Or else you’d accept people like Thomas Sowel or Candace Owens or many others. You just want to hear what you’ve been programmed to so take your moral pedestal elsewhere.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    I'd love for someone...preferably an African-American, but anyone who is opposed to the law would do...to explain exactly what is racist and/or white supremacist about the voting law.

Convince me that this was the right decision with facts instead of feelings. Because from my reading of the law, I don't see anything that should be objectionable. It seems to me as an outsider that a lot more Black people will be harmed by the All-Star Game being moved than will be disenfranchised by this law in the next ten election cycles. But I'm genuinely interested in an intelligent, fact-based perspective from someone who disagrees.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DirkPiggler For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkPiggler View Post
    I'd love for someone...preferably an African-American, but anyone who is opposed to the law would do...to explain exactly what is racist and/or white supremacist about the voting law.

Convince me that this was the right decision with facts instead of feelings. Because from my reading of the law, I don't see anything that should be objectionable. It seems to me as an outsider that a lot more Black people will be harmed by the All-Star Game being moved than will be disenfranchised by this law in the next ten election cycles. But I'm genuinely interested in an intelligent, fact-based perspective from someone who disagrees.
    Democrat/Progressive ideology is poisonous to the African American community. They fail them in almost every major city and in the classroom daily. So instead of actually trying to the sole the issues they use a deep rooted mental pain to stoke up anger as a way to bait and switch.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts

This is my take as well.

Objectively, it is a huge step in voting access from where their previous law stood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    there is an old-fashioned word that isn't used anymore...ostracism...it has been replaced by the term cancel culture...but i like ostracism better...no one is trying to starve anyone...but polite society is within its rights to draw some lines...and ostracism is a way of doing that...i say this as someone who believes this situation in Georgia is NOT the right one to be drawing lines
    I guess as an attorney I'm a believer in the process. That if you have a grievance, the way to address it is through the process. Lobbying, campaigning, and voting.

I feel like using a power like ostracism is a form of vigilante justice. Vigilantism isnt constrained by the limits process is. It can be done based on real or imagined harms. There is no check on it.

I also don't trust vigilantism like ostracism to reach correct results. Look how it's been used in the past. There was a time an inter racial couple would be ostracized or a homosexual person.

So I say use the process and don't give in to the seduction of quick results vigilantism presents. Those results often come with a price.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (04-02-2021), thethe (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    That tactic is used when one can’t deal with being called in how often their judgement has been dreadful.
    Natural Immunity Croc

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    You have a whole set of voters that actually thought the Biden laptop was Russian disinformation. You guys are low information and have a sadistic obsession with making everything about race. Look in the mirror. That’s a you issue.

But you don’t really care about anyone that would know about the Minorities plight. Or else you’d accept people like Thomas Sowel or Candace Owens or many others. You just want to hear what you’ve been programmed to so take your moral pedestal elsewhere.
    You're a freaking idiot and one who is a misinformed azz. You don't know shyt about me or blacks. I've never used the race card in my life but I'm not about to let some fox news azz wipe tell me I don't know what's good for me as a minority. You're like any keyboard warrior who talks shyt in a safe place. But I will give you this : those two you mentioned can lick boots all they want. I'm not.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I can tell you with certainty that when I think of low information voters, I am not thinking about minorities.

On this board I think of people like goldy, 57, among others. They are white as far as I know.

Understood. Lol

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

I believe that 90% or more of the voting public are low information voters, so by sheer numbers most of those would have to be white. People across all races, religions, political parties, etc. don't bother to take the time to educate themselves on issues or candidates beyond what their preferred disinformation outlet tells them.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Good. Take it. We know it’ll cycle back around anyway. I’d rather host a few years from now when masks aren’t a ballpark staple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    Democrat/Progressive ideology is poisonous to the African American community. They fail them in almost every major city and in the classroom daily. So instead of actually trying to the sole the issues they use a deep rooted mental pain to stoke up anger as a way to bait and switch.
    Don’t forget their inept ability to obtain an official government ID card and how it’s outright racist to request one to vote.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jsebe10 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-02-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts
    I believe that 90% or more of the voting public are low information voters, so by sheer numbers most of those would have to be white. People across all races, religions, political parties, etc. don't bother to take the time to educate themselves on issues or candidates beyond what their preferred disinformation outlet tells them.
    Yes...they are called white liberals...Who are the biggest threat to this country than anyone..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    You joke, but reports are now indicating that it was MLB's corporate sponsors, and not pressure from MLBPA (as was assumed), that convinced MLB to move the ASG. So more businesses than simply MLB object to what's going on in Georgia (or, at least, want to look like they object).

I'd be interested to read, however, what you think is the appropriate vehicle is for preventing businesses from engaging in this kind of political activity—the "right [...] to punish" a jurisdiction (Georgia, in this case) by revocation of economic activity.

I'm not imputing anything to you, specifically—but I know many on the conservative side cheered the Citizens United decision that gave corporate entities way more latitude to act like private individuals and/or directly engage in political activity. In recent years, it seems folks of that same persuasion haven't been happy with the political causes many corporations have ended up supporting—driven, I don't doubt, more by market realities than moral integrity; but nonetheless, it has happened. Maybe some of us on the left were right to not want that cat let back out of its bag, even if we've seen the superfluity of SuperPACs balanced, as it were, by Nike pretending to be woke now.
    There are emergency powers governors or the President could invoke to ensure the supply chain continues. If the POTUS refused to step in and force shipments to a state, not sure what could be done.

I'll give a disclosure on my views on Citizens United. I believe it was correctly decided under the current law. However, I would support a Constitutional amendment that limits the influence of organizations.

Citizens United is, however, a perfect thing to bring up now. The left went nuts over it due to the influence it gave corporations over the political process. Today the left cheers on a corporation trying to influence the political process.

Conversely the right cheered Citizens United as a victory for free speech. Today a corporation exercised that right and the right howled in rage.

Hypocrites all.

I think MLB should have kept it's mouth shut and focused on baseball. I'd say the same of it was a democrat bill targeting rural voters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You're a freaking idiot and one who is a misinformed azz. You don't know shyt about me or blacks. I've never used the race card in my life but I'm not about to let some fox news azz wipe tell me I don't know what's good for me as a minority. You're like any keyboard warrior who talks shyt in a safe place. But I will give you this : those two you mentioned can lick boots all they want. I'm not.
    You introduced race into the conversation and implied that was our intention. So in reality you did call the race card.

You should dwell on that.

And those damn blacks that don’t fall in line. Typical response from a pathetic woke white liberal.
    Last edited by thethe; 04-02-2021 at 08:46 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Yes...they are called white liberals...Who are the biggest threat to this country than anyone..
    There are plenty of low information voters on the right as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    There are plenty of low information voters on the right as well.
    Without question. Main difference is the track record of the main source of news. Right wing hasn’t been good but left wing news has been criminally misleading.
    Natural Immunity Croc