Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: No All Star Game in Atlanta This Season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I know y'all are gonna jump in with a bunch of whataboutisms. But what happened in the aftermath of the 2020 elections is something well outside the run of what is acceptable in the course of our normal messy political discourse and combat.
    I think what happened LEADING up to and on the night of the election is well outside of what was acceptable. But you don’t care about that at all.

Broken pipes and 400k ballots with no chain custody having no concern to you just speaks to your lack of interest in finding out why so many people felt the 2020 election wasn’t on the up and up.

And considering your track record the past few years I wouldn’t dig yourself into the hole you are in right now.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Next time you have a problem with broken pipes thethe, maybe this will help.

https://getrepair.me/plumbing/pipe_r...d2c12a1845f584
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Next time you have a problem with broken pipes thethe, maybe this will help.

https://getrepair.me/plumbing/pipe_r...d2c12a1845f584
    Amazing you can just laugh off what happened just with that one incident.

Deep down you know there was foul play.

You think it’s just us Trump fanatics that think there were issues. It’s basically 50/50 now that think the election wasn’t fair and stolen.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Stacy Abrams still contends she won the governor race.

The useful idiots nod along

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (04-07-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post

She’s just mad she didn’t get a pipe burst for her election.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Such actions contribute to the increased extremism and toxicity of American politics. Someone can disagree with you and still not be an enemy deserving of punishment.

We've gone too far into mixing politics and morality. If you consider your views to be morally correct then you dissent is immoral and compromising politically is compromising your morals. It's a MASSIVE problem in this country. But it's easier to motivate people to vote if they're scared of the immorality the other side might enact.
    I have mixed feelings about this. My politics are primarily based on my morals. That's why I fall into that American Blue Dog/European Christian Democrat category. I assumed that was normally the case.

Are you saying that most people's politics are not based on their moral views, or advocating for a more libertarian, to each his own stance?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Amazing you can just laugh off what happened just with that one incident.

Deep down you know there was foul play.

You think it’s just us Trump fanatics that think there were issues. It’s basically 50/50 now that think the election wasn’t fair and stolen.
    Foul play? Looks fair to me.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. My politics are primarily based on my morals. That's why I fall into that American Blue Dog/European Christian Democrat category. I assumed that was normally the case.

Are you saying that most people's politics are not based on their moral views, or advocating for a more libertarian, to each his own stance?
    I'm advocating a more libertarian stance. I don't see why I should condemn someone else as morally bankrupt for disagreeing with me. Even if my stance is based on morals, I need to be able to understand that someone could reach a different conclusion than I did with decisions that were not immoral.

The best example I can think of is abortion. It's a debate that people get vicious, even violent over because both sides are basing their position on morality. However, each side made a decision (maybe not even consciously) on a question that is completely a personal judgment without an objective answer. That question is what is the status of a fetus?

If you believe a fetus is a human life like any other, the decision to terminate it is morally abhorrent. People who take this view often get very angry at those that disagree with them because they see these people as making an immoral choice to support the right to destroy a human life of equal status to any other.

However, those that support abortion aren't even making that choice because they took a different fork in the road before even getting there. They made the decision that a fetus does not have the same status as any human and so we do not owe the fetus any moral duties. Once you make this choice, attempts to restrict abortion appear to be people deciding that the government should oppress women. This elicits a strong and often violent response as such a choice would be immoral. However, this side, like the other, isn't grasping that their opponents aren't making a choice to oppress women as they too took a different fork before reaching that point.

So both sides see their opponents as morally bankrupt without realizing the true difference between them is a decision that was made on a question without any provable right or wrong answer.

So you can believe your stances are moral, just don't take that extra step and automatically assign dissent as being immoral. Try to understand that another person's different values and priorities can lead them to an entirely different position without any moral fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    If you try to lead people to punish a company because the CEO said something you disagree with, you're a bad person.
    I don't see why I should condemn someone else as morally bankrupt for disagreeing with me.
    hmmm

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Your partner in crime says trump still won in a landslide

And trump says that too
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Your partner in crime says trump still won in a landslide

And trump says that too
    It cracks me up how the sheep are told that a politician is lying about winning election after crying that it happened to their candidate just two years prior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    hmmm
    Is intolerance of intolerance a form of intolerance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    It certainly is an art form

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    It certainly is an art form
    Basically I think people should be more willing to let people disagree with them and not try to punish people of differing political views. You can oppose them and try to defeat them within the process but don't engage in some form of vigilante justice just because the political process isn't going your way at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,737 Posts
    It cracks me up how the sheep are told that a politician is lying about winning election after crying that it happened to their candidate just two years prior

I wonder how little thethe feels knowing that his butt buddy admits Trump is lying about election fraud. If all Trump did was cry about it we wouldnt care. If he set up a special prosecutor to find election fraud we wouldnt care. He did appoint a special prosecutor that , in his infinite stupidity, thinks will result in criminal charges for people like Biden, Obama, and Hillary. If we take the worst characterization of the Mueller report from the right, the Durham investigation is literally the same thing he complained about. Except Biden and Democrants aren't ranting and raving like crazy people about Durham or his investigation.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I love the big brain move of republicans that say

“Not very tolerant” to liberals that aren’t being tolerant of intolerance

It’s great lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I'm firmly of intolerant of the racist communist sexists assholes.

**** them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Trust me

We didn’t need a post from you saying that you’re intolerant

20. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (04-08-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    thought some of y'all might enjoy this

"I am your retribution."

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Take it for what it's worth but...

After talking to a couple of people in the game, it makes a little more sense. Whether you are ok with the new law or not, it is generally viewed as a reaction to the huge Minority turnout in GA. Apparently, a few prominent Black and Hispanic players had let it be known thru their agents that they wouldn't participate in the game if selected. Notably, Mookie Betts had expressed this position. MLB feared, that a Betts boycott would lead to an entire Dodgers boycott which would spread thru the league. In part, MLB was trying to protect players who would have been forced to choose sides in a political situation.
    If this is true, then I totally get MLB taking the fall here, even though I'm surprised they did it and wasn't for it. The CBA is up and the last thing they need to do after what was seen last year is p*ss off prominent players.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.