Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the League - 2021 Szn

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Kinda think we can do without the particulars.
    Just want to make sure those that are justifying it know what they are justifying.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tululush For This Useful Post:

chopdrew (07-03-2021)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    The problem is when he beat her to the point of her losing consciousness it’s not really consensual after she’s blacked out. He allegedly fractured her skull and choked her out with her own hair and after she was unconscious he flipped her over and sodomized her. Pretty messed up stuff. Not really sure how anyone can defend it by saying it was consensual when the abuse kept happening while she was unconscious.
    I guess just from the stuff I’ve read something just feels off to me.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    The problem is when he beat her to the point of her losing consciousness it’s not really consensual after she’s blacked out. He allegedly fractured her skull and choked her out with her own hair and after she was unconscious he flipped her over and sodomized her. Pretty messed up stuff. Not really sure how anyone can defend it by saying it was consensual when the abuse kept happening while she was unconscious.
    Certainly seems like a line was crossed, though supposedly she asked to be choked like that. I doubt she wanted to be punched repeatedly, particularly while unconscious. Still, a lot of facts unknown at this point. I've never really had much love towards Bauer anyways, but this situation is weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    He said he punched her in the butt cheeks too hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Certainly seems like a line was crossed, though supposedly she asked to be choked like that. I doubt she wanted to be punched repeatedly, particularly while unconscious. Still, a lot of facts unknown at this point. I've never really had much love towards Bauer anyways, but this situation is weird.
    Money grab. He may have crossed a line, but I doubt that’s terribly unusual if you are traveling significant distance for that kind of thing anyway.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    She suffered a Bauer outage...lol

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    That's awesome

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Speaking of the All-Star game. MLB needs to do the right thing to promote the sport and have Ohtani leadoff for the AL and be the starting pitcher. Not only would it showcase his awesome talents but we would get Ohtani vs deGrom

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Report is Mets pitcher Peterson, who exited game vs. Braves, going to be out for eight weeks

But as long as they have DeGrom and Walker, not too worried that the Mets will collapse. Braves swill have to catch them this year; they're not gonna fall to us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    Report is Mets pitcher Peterson, who exited game vs. Braves, going to be out for eight weeks

But as long as they have DeGrom and Walker, not too worried that the Mets will collapse. Braves swill have to catch them this year; they're not gonna fall to us.
    Walker and degrom lasting the whole year seems unlikely to me. Esp walker... look at his inning totals the last few years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    LMAO. He did it AGAIN.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    LMAO. He did it AGAIN.

There's this thing called "between innings." Maybe someone should tell the Royals' announcers about its existence.

On a side note, the Royals' announcer in this instance sounded like Ryan Lefebvre, son of former Dodger second baseman Jim Lefebvre. Ryan was a standout CF for the University of Minnesota baseball team and was drafted a couple of times. Played one season of rookie league ball before turning to broadcasting. He was broadcasting for the University station wnile still in college.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 07-06-2021 at 07:28 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Funny fact of the day. Yesterday was the anniversary of the infamous Paul O'Neil play where he kicked the ball to first base. If you look at his baseball reference profile, it shows he Hits Left, Throws Left, and Kicks Left. LOL

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Money grab. He may have crossed a line, but I doubt that’s terribly unusual if you are traveling significant distance for that kind of thing anyway.
    classic.

you can be into that kinda stuff and STILL have someone cross a line. certainly seems Bauer crossed that line and then some.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Marlins reportedly talking to Marte about an extension. Interesting timing of since the trade deadline is approaching. Probably trying to drive up the price for a suitor.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Also, has anyone checked out the Giants schedule so far? I mean you gotta give them credit for winning the games, but they've played a whopping 32 games against teams with a record over .500 and they've played Colorado and AZ 19 times so far. No wonder they're 22 games over .500

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    classic.

you can be into that kinda stuff and STILL have someone cross a line. certainly seems Bauer crossed that line and then some.
    of course.

The fact she was out and he kept on is the thing. He will get a hefty suspension I'd guess.
    Ivermectin Man

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    If allegations are proven to be true then I think suspension is minimum of a year. That would put Ozuna's case (if proven) at least a year and if convicted to jail time more than a year.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Marlins reportedly talking to Marte about an extension. Interesting timing of since the trade deadline is approaching. Probably trying to drive up the price for a suitor.
    Actually think those are legitimate talks if the numbers mentioned are legitimate. I'm not going to surprised to see the Marlins become real good, real fast now that they have competent management that doesn't have to answer to Loria in place.

Will that deal be a little bit of an overpay during the last season or two (like Ender's)? Maybe, but with all the pitching they have, Chisolm having already arrived, and nobody else making over $5.5 million next season (unless they bring back Duvall), keeping him without giving him a raise doesn't look like that bad an idea to me. They could probably keep Duvall and go shopping in the discount section this winter and pick up a handful of guys like Schoop, Escobar, Rosario (to platoon with Duvall), and Zunino on 1-2 year deals and maybe "splurge" on a do-it-all type like Chris Taylor and field a pretty decent team.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?