Thread: Around the League - 2021 Szn

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    If I’m trading prospects then just get Reynolds from Pitts.
    Under control for 4 more years, would be quite a haul. Worth it though given we're in our window.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Under control for 4 more years, would be quite a haul. Worth it though given we're in our window.
    Contreras and Pache should get us most of the way there on a trade package.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Brewers deny Mets permission to interview Stearns.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-18-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    save offseason talk for the offseason. We have more pressing discussions happening right now.
    Geez man. How ADD are you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    We were supposedly after him hard at the deadline. Maybe they’ll revisit it in the offseason. With Acuna signed for a long time and Waters and Pache both not gonna make it here I’d sell Pache and Contreras with Lango the full time guy on the way. We’d have to add a pitcher. Wright, Contreras, and Pache would be pretty close I’d think. He’s only 26 and a switch hitter and he’s controlled thru 2026.
    Last edited by Hudson2; 10-18-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    We were supposedly after him hard at the deadline. Maybe they’ll revisit it in the offseason. With Acuna signed for a long time and Waters and Pache both not gonna make it here I’d sell Pache and Contreras with Lango the full time guy on the way. We’d have to add a pitcher. Wright, Contreras, and Pache would be pretty close I’d think. He’s only 26 and a switch hitter and he’s controlled thru 2026.
    I'm not sure Wright adds much value. I think if you went Muller, Contreras, and Pache plus a couple of guys lower in the minors like Vines then maybe you could get close.

Pache/Contreras/Muller/Vines/Franklin V/Bacon for Reynolds and Stratton? That still might not be enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    I'm not sure Wright adds much value. I think if you went Muller, Contreras, and Pache plus a couple of guys lower in the minors like Vines then maybe you could get close.

Pache/Contreras/Muller/Vines/Franklin V/Bacon for Reynolds and Stratton? That still might not be enough.
    Thats exactly the type of deal the Braves should be offering.

AA and his staff are showing they can be creative in the draft and pick players to replace these guys quickly. In addition, with the signing restrictions gone from the international market I'm curious to see what kind of damage this FO can do.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    The Pirates would probably want Langeliers and not Contreras. I think the offer would start with Pache and Langeliers and you'd have to add a major league ready pitcher and someone like Grissom.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    The Pirates would probably want Langeliers and not Contreras. I think the offer would start with Pache and Langeliers and you'd have to add a major league ready pitcher and someone like Grissom.
    Dont see AA dealing Shea, at the progress he's shown. He's gonna be an elite catcher.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Dont see AA dealing Shea, at the progress he's shown. He's gonna be an elite catcher.
    Come to think of it, the Pirates drafted Davis #1 overall, so they not be looking to acquire a catcher. If the Pirates are looking for top drawer guys for Reynolds, I don't see how we truly match up. I think Grissom would be on their radar and there may be some interest in Pache/Waters. You'd have to think that Muller/Tarnok/Strider/Elder/Shuster would be in the conversation as well. I doubt the Pirates are interested in acquiring a couple of "hook shots from half court." Cherington is not as stupid as previous Pirate leadership.

PS--Shewmake might interest the Pirates, but I see him as a mid-range guy.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 10-18-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Sounds like you’re assuming Grissom is just a throw in. He’s prob one of our top 3 prospects now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-19-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Red Sox offense is unreal right now
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Red Sox offense is unreal right now
    If we made the WS, we'd know alot about how good our pitching is. They can ****ing mash.

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Houston pitching suck ass!!

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Sounds like you’re assuming Grissom is just a throw in. He’s prob one of our top 3 prospects now.
    I should have rephrased. Grissom would likely be central in the deal. Grissom, Waters/Pache, and probably two pitchers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    I should have rephrased. Grissom would likely be central in the deal. Grissom, Waters/Pache, and probably two pitchers.
    Okay that makes sense

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Only way I'd put Grissom in that sort of deal is if the OF is Waters and the SPs come from the group not expected to be part of the 2022 rotation (including the depth guys) - otherwise you'd be creating holes to fill a hole, and filling those holes may be tough depending on finances. For me, that means you're not including Ynoa/Muller/probably Davidson/and probably two of Wright, Strider, or Elder. That would leave you 8 deep plus a potential Soroka return at some point and possibly Shuster later on if everything goes terribly wrong. If Ozuna's part of the 2022 roster, money's likely going to be tight enough that all of the #4 and #5 SP options are going to already have to be part of the organization. Not sure that's enough, but I could get behind an offer including Grissom/Waters/Elder/their choice of Vodnik or Vines (or if they preferred an arm a little further away that Elder, maybe substitute Estes for him).

If you could add him and were willing to play him in LF the majority of the time while holding onto Pache, you could probably afford to bring one of Pederson or Rosario back to cover RF until Acuna's back. If Pache struggles again early, Reynolds slides to CF and Pederson/Rosario to LF when Acuna returns - and we never see Ozuna wearing a fielders' glove again.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    The more I look at the Pirates, the more I don't see us matching up that well. Their minor league system is currently ranked 4th and they have three middle IF prospects in the current MLB Top 100. Oneil Cruz (at 6-7) probably moves off SS, but they also have Liover Peguero who played SS all season in High A at age 20 and Nick Gonzales. They'd be looking for OFs and pitching and we would have to send Pache or Waters, but I don't know if we have the pitching depth to put together what the Pirates may be looking to obtain. A lot of folks seem to think the Pirates won't get it together while Reynolds is under their control, but if things fall together on the development side of the equation, they could make some noise in 2023.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (10-19-2021)

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    I know im in the minority here but I just dont see any future for Pache or Waters as Braves given the current lineup situation and long window of contention. AAA pitching is capable of fringe usage to go with Fried, Soroka (maybe) and Anderson, Ynoa shows promise. Always going to have the established talent like Morton or whomever. College draft picks will be prevalent as long as picking at the bottom of the order. International signings coming back.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post

Just my view but I'd absolutely want Wright if I was a rebuilding club assembling arms.