Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GDT - Holy Saturday - 4/3 - CHARLIE COMES HARD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    I don’t care what anyone says...Wheeler pitched the best game of his career today in my opinion...No one in baseball was hitting him today...I know some hate the phrase “tip the cap” but this is one of those days where it’s warranted. He looked amazing.
    He was outstanding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Opinions aren't facts. Would you like an example of facts and an opinions? Ok, I'll help...

Opinion: This braves team was horribly put together.

Fact: the braves are 0-2

Opinion: this braves offense sucks!

Fact: the braves have scored 2 runs in 19 innings.

Hope that helps. Happy Easter.
    Man, you really aren’t too bright. I never said the team was horribly put together. I simply said signing a single pitcher (somewhat of a gamble at that), to a good chunk of your payroll knowing there wouldn’t be enough in the budget to fix the other glaring holes on this team was not a good allocation of funds.

That statement is a fact for anyone who took Accounting 101 taught by their grandmother. But I guess someone who spends their entire SNAP allowance on chips and soda for themselves and wonders why they’re malnourished wouldn’t understand that.

I mean, Christ, we’ve only been discussing this same point all off-season. Where have you been? And you’re the last person who needs to be giving people lectures on jumping to conclusions. I promise you I haven’t changed my mind one bit about this team based on two games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    So it appears to be true. AA gave Smyly 11 million knowing there wouldn’t be enough money to fill the other holes.

That’s GM malpractice and I never thought I’d use that phrase and AA’s name in the same sentence.
    Oh, but I think I see the issue here. You’re not watching the game, so you didn’t hear Rosenthal confirm that the Braves cut payroll and are indeed broke. That’s what I was referring to in my initial post. Of course, he already confirmed that in a separate article earlier, but that would require you to read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Man, you really aren’t too bright. I never said the team was horribly put together. I simply said signing a single pitcher (somewhat of a gamble at that), to a good chunk of your payroll knowing there wouldn’t be enough in the budget to fix the other glaring holes on this team was not a good allocation of funds.

That statement is a fact for anyone who took Accounting 101 taught by their grandmother. But I guess someone who spends their entire SNAP allowance on chips and soda for themselves and wonders why they’re malnourished wouldn’t understand that.

I mean, Christ, we’ve only been discussing this same point all off-season. Where have you been? And you’re the last person who needs to be giving people lectures on jumping to conclusions. I promise you I haven’t changed my mind one bit about this team based on two games.
    I think evaluations should be done using all the data. We still have a trade deadline to add, and hell, anytime before that.

Anyway, I don't care anymore. Wasted too much time on my phone today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think evaluations should be done using all the data. We still have a trade deadline to add, and hell, anytime before that.

Anyway, I don't care anymore. Wasted too much time on my phone today.
    The Braves probably aren’t going to be adding much, because they are broke. At least, that is according to reputable sources in the know. That’s why the Smyly signing wasn’t a smart one, no matter which way you slice it. Smyly could go on to win the Cy Young and the bench could produce 5 ASG starters, and it still would be a questionable decision at best. You can’t count on any of those things happening when you make that signing. That’s why you need to make sure you can fill out the roster with surer pieces as best as you can.

And, I mean, come on. We all know this bench is going to be dog ****. We can go ahead and jump to that conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    This blows, man. I really thought the Braves were a shoo-in for the division. SMH.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    I imagine they just lost a nice chunk of anticipated revenue from the all star game as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Should I start the offseason thread now or wait a couple of more games?...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    The Braves lost a game where the wind knocked down 2 HRs for the offense, and Fried was about as bad as he can be due to lack of feel on his breaking ball.

The Braves lost another game because a TOR pitcher completely shut them down, and the game was blown open when the 6th and 7th options out of the BP pitched poorly.

Both games featured flukey run scoring hits by the opposition in key moments.

Predictably, people are drooling over themselves with laughably moronic takeaways based on the results of 2 games. It’s literally the same stupidity blabbered around these boards every time something good or bad happens.

The Braves are a good team. They will compete for the NL East. They are not some 95+ win juggernaut primed to cruise to glory. Nothing has changed after 2 games played.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 04-03-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    The Braves have won as many games as the Mets so not sure what the freak out is all about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Who the **** is freaking out? I mean, that happens here, but it’s just as often that someone falsely claims there’s a meltdown just because people say some ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Who the **** is freaking out? I mean, that happens here, but it’s just as often that someone falsely claims there’s a meltdown just because people say some ****.
    Calm down, kitty kat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Calm down, kitty kat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    When does Kyle Wright pitch?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    When does Kyle Wright pitch?
    Better question is when does Kyle Wright hit
    Coppy