Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The MAGA Grift

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    My grandfather always said “a fool and his money are Soon parted”

My grandfather said this too, but he figured out a loophole and just died in massive debt. He seriously took out a 500k loan in his late 80's.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    If there is one thing I learned from my 6 years of retail banking was that this stuff happens a lot. People don’t read but it’s still a ****ty practice. Everyone is going to get their money back so calling it fraud is just another example of TDS.

The comparison to Biden donations is laughable since the democrats are ran on single large donations and of course unlimited amounts of favorable press.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    If you have proven anything its that you dont learn. This was a scam on top of a scam. How does it feel to know that all the election fraud claims were just to milk fools like you for money to pay off his previous scam?

It’s over."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-06-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    This was pretty repugnant behavior by the campaign. I'm glad the refunds were issued, but I'm with mqt on wanting some rules and penalties against intentionally misleading people into recurring payments like this. If I had a grandparent who was taken in by this little scheme I would be in the mood to bust some kneecaps.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    The grift is so strong I bet most of those people still support Trump. I go back and forth on whether Ttump is the greatest con man of all time. On one hand it was obvious to any competent human being but on the other hand you cant deny that it worked on 50 million or so people.

It’s over."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If there is one thing I learned from my 6 years of retail banking was that this stuff happens a lot. People don’t read but it’s still a ****ty practice. Everyone is going to get their money back so calling it fraud is just another example of TDS.

The comparison to Biden donations is laughable since the democrats are ran on single large donations and of course unlimited amounts of favorable press.
    It’s a bit more nuanced than us saying Orange Man Bad. I don’t think Trump would have had any knowledge of this, but that really isn’t the point. These kinds of predatory practices are a scourge, and the fact that such practices were used to hurt people in a Presidential election is disgusting. The White House should be protecting Americans from these kind of schemes, not joining in them. To say that because consumers can get their money back by filing complaints is missing the point. People can get their money back if someone steals their credit card, too, but if people working for the President (albeit indirectly) did the stealing, it’s hard to call it TDS to be outraged. Trump just is a shorthand here for someone to blame because it was mostly being done for the Trump Campaign and it comes with the territory.
    Last edited by mqt; 04-06-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts

This is just sad. Not that they would do this but that it's actually going to work on people. How can a person not see right through this?

It’s over."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Lot of dummies out there.

The dummies on the right don't demand to impose their will on the dummies on the left, at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    You might want to rethink that statement.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post

This is just sad. Not that they would do this but that it's actually going to work on people. How can a person not see right through this?
    i'm pleased to say i unchecked that box in August 2016
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Holy ****

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Lot of dummies out there.

The dummies on the right don't demand to impose their will on the dummies on the left, at least
    Omg, of course this poster would try to one up that news with even dumber lunacy lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    It’s a bit more nuanced than us saying Orange Man Bad. I don’t think Trump would have had any knowledge of this, but that really isn’t the point. These kinds of predatory practices are a scourge, and the fact that such practices were used to hurt people in a Presidential election is disgusting. The White House should be protecting Americans from these kind of schemes, not joining in them. To say that because consumers can get their money back by filing complaints is missing the point. People can get their money back if someone steals their credit card, too, but if people working for the President (albeit indirectly) did the stealing, it’s hard to call it TDS to be outraged. Trump just is a shorthand here for someone to blame because it was mostly being done for the Trump Campaign and it comes with the territory.

I doubt he was directly involved in setting up the scam but he surrounds hinself with grifters and he hires people he knows are not ethical people on purpose. What this amounts to is an interest fee loan to the Trump campaign that he used to buy a lot of ads with. I kind of doubt those ads made much difference but I am sure little thethe would be losing his mind about how that's election cheating if it was the other way around.

What no one can deny is that Trump very aware ofwhatvhe was doing with his post election fraud scam that is used fo pay back the first scam.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    My grandfather said this too, but he figured out a loophole and just died in massive debt. He seriously took out a 500k loan in his late 80's.
    Were his survivors saddled with the debt?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Possibly but only though guilt trips. He left his family when my Grandma converted from Catholic to Baptist(he cheated on her non stop anyways) and later married a 22 year old when he was 50 so now he has a 65 year old widow saddled with **** loads of debt. She has no kids of her own to help her. Dont ask me how a devout catholic woman married for 30 years has no kids. I dont know or want to guess. Anyways, she is an amazingly good woman though. Many of my Aunt and Uncles feel the need to help her pay off the debt. My Dad who is the same age as her, thinks the kids are owed half of everything they owned and wants to collect ASAP. I dont know the law in Louisiana but I would guess she is going to file bankruptcy and go live with some of her family.

It’s over."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (04-09-2021)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Should we put all grifts in this thread?