Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: GDT 4/10 Weso... We playing tonight or what? (Continued)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i see the opening day thread is locked so posting here

good to be back at the park

will be there sunday as well

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (04-11-2021), bravesfanforlife88 (04-11-2021), CJC (04-11-2021), clvclv (04-11-2021), CrimsonCowboy (04-11-2021), jpx7 (04-11-2021), msstate7 (04-11-2021), The Chosen One (04-11-2021), UNCBlue012 (04-11-2021)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Whatever happened to Kesley? Did she land a new gig?
    She's here. Got a question???
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    While I love the José Ramírez pipe-dream, at least Riley has played (seemingly) very solid defense, and posted solid batting inputs (like I mentioned up-thread, he's had a big BA/xBA under-performance). So, unfortunately, I think the more difficult position to upgrade (CF) is the position that'll end up being most in need of an upgrade.
    There's really no reason for AA to complicate things by selling out and giving up multiple important pieces this early. Riley is fine so long as he's hitting 7th and Pache's fine so long as he's hitting 8th. It seems like there are lots of folks who expect EVERY hitter in the lineup to provide above-average offense, and that's simply not realistic.

The team is where it is - potentially tied for first - with almost NO PRODUCTION from Ozuna, Albies, or Dansby, and with Soroka still on the sidelines. If you want more offense, put Ynoa in the #5 spot in the rotation and juggle him there with Wilson and Wright if needed. Tell Newk he's in the pen for good, release Dayton, and add a fifth bench piece. If you're overly concerned about that extra bat being an OF, sign Reddick on the cheap - if not, go ahead and put Arcia on the roster.

Maybe an opportunity for a big trade presents itself at some point, but one that AA doesn't have to give up way too much to make happen isn't going to come along during the second week of the season.
    Last edited by clvclv; 04-11-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Marisnick plays for the Cubs so I don’t think we will be signing him

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Marisnick plays for the Cubs so I don’t think we will be signing him
    Reddick - oops. Too many things going on for a Sunday morning.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Here's a fun stat:

The bench, which we were all worried about, is currently hitting .308/.400/1.077/1.477 with 3 HR and 7 RBI in 15 PA. That's the most RBI on the team.

Also, I don't think Ive ever seen a bullpen who's top 3 (and maybe 4) pitchers were all lefties, which is currently what the Braves have with Martin out. Fortunately, not a one of them is a classic Loogy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nerfherders For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-11-2021)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Most of the Braves hitters are having pretty horrid small sample size luck on balls in play. The xwOBA of the starting 8:

1 Acuña Jr., Ronald .468
    2 Freeman, Freddie .460
    3 d'Arnaud, Travis .430
    6 Riley, Austin .329
    5 Albies, Ozzie .329
    6 Swanson, Dansby .236
    7 Ozuna, Marcell .215
    8 Pache, Cristian .182

So everyone other than Swanson, Ozuna and Pache is hitting fairly well. We know Swanson and Ozuna are going to have a pretty long leash, but something might have to happen in CF sooner rather than later.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-11-2021)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Most of the Braves hitters are having pretty horrid small sample size luck on balls. Everyone other than Swanson, Ozuna and Pache is hitting fairly well. We know Swanson and Ozuna are going to have a pretty long leash, but something might have to happen in CF sooner rather than later.
    My question is what’s the answer there exactly? I’d assume Acuña would move back to CF and we’d get a cOF somewhere. Pickings are slim right now though.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    My question is what’s the answer there exactly? I’d assume Acuña would move back to CF and we’d get a cOF somewhere. Pickings are slim right now though.
    How about 3B? We do have a pretty decent COF option playing 3B right now.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,130 Posts
    Pache gets a month to show if he’s ready, and if he fails he goes back to AAA once they start playing. I suspect this will happen.

Then Ender gets a while to show if he’s an MLB player anymore, and if he fails they do something like shift Riley to RF and use Adrianza at 3b. I suspect this will happen.

Then at the deadline they add the bat they should have added in the off-season. Keep your eye out for the next Duvall acquisition. I suspect this will happen.

I expect someone not on the roster to be playing 3B or OF after the trade deadline.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 04-11-2021 at 03:15 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (04-11-2021), GovClintonTyree (04-12-2021), Tapate50 (04-12-2021)