Thread: GDT 04/16/21: Braves Set To Win Bigly At Wrigley

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So is albies gonna DL?
    Newk and Ender to the IL - Kazmar, Biddle, and Bryse added.

Holy *hit I thought they broke camp 3 weeks ago.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Newk and Ender to the IL - Kazmar, Biddle, and Bryse added.

Holy *hit I thought they broke camp 3 weeks ago.
    What the heck is wrong with newcomb? I've been joking about this season being a collapse; but if these injuries keep piling up, it may be

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What the heck is wrong with newcomb? I've been joking about this season being a collapse; but if these injuries keep piling up, it may be
    No clue.

Really don't understand the Biddle add - Davidson could've replaced Newk since it's an injury issue without having to add Biddle to the 40-Man Roster. Same thing goes for Kazmar vs. Arcia since Arcia's already taking up a spot.

Can't imagine there's a trade brewing this early but those seem to be odd moves, and AA has already pulled the trigger once much earlier than expected.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    IF Newcomb went down because of covid, there is no need for a 40 man roster change as Covid ILs don't count towrds 40 man according to DOB

Per DOB

"If they're not saying, it almost certainly means one thing: Potential exposure to COVID, which also means doesn't count against the 40 while he's on that particular IL"
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    IF Newcomb went down because of covid, there is no need for a 40 man roster change as Covid ILs don't count towrds 40 man according to DOB

Per DOB

"If they're not saying, it almost certainly means one thing: Potential exposure to COVID, which also means doesn't count against the 40 while he's on that particular IL"
    Still doesn't explain Kazmar instead of Arcia since he's taking the last 40-Man spot. If you were going to call up someone you may need to DFA in a week, it would seem like adding an OF would make a lot more sense - Snitker's going to HAVE TO give Acuna and Ozuna a day off at some point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    It's kinda cool. He hasn't been in the majors since a stint with the Padres in 2008. You usually don't see guys hang around this long, but he obviously loves the game and he's been a handy guy to have around in Gwinnett since 2013. Welcome back!

Wouldn't be a comprehensive post if I didn't include this:

That is the first thing that came to mind for me, too.