Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization thread

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I’d be interested to see what other cocktails of drugs these people were taken but the risks of smoking pit have certainly been understated recently.

It’s not for everyone that much is for sure. If you have problems internally marijuana will force you to face them or be crumbled beneath its weight.

That’s my stance. I have no problem if someone is mentally put together and smokes pot all day. But a large percentage of the population already has some sort of mental illness and heavy marijuana use heightens and makes it worse

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-03-2022)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    https://www.aier.org/article/from-vi...-on-marijuana/

New York Governor Kathy Hochul recently announced the creation of a $200 million fund dedicated to investing in New York’s cannabis industry. The generous interpretation of events is that Governor Hochul has a big heart, though her head is nowhere to be found. A cynical interpretation is that, after spending decades generating revenues and expanding the government’s power by waging war on marijuana users, politicians have now found a way to generate revenues and expand the government’s power by making amends to marijuana users.

Through the fund, New York intends to provide financing for 150 marijuana dispensaries throughout the state. Importantly, the fund will focus on dispensaries to be operated by minorities who suffered under New York’s penal system when marijuana was illegal. Says Lieutenant Governor Antonio Delgado, “It is incumbent upon us to create a socially responsible cannabis industry…that ensures jobs and opportunity for minorities who have long been subject to unfair (cannabis) enforcement…”

The sentiment is laudable, but the effort is misguided. If the goal is to compensate people whose lives and families the state destroyed under the former marijuana laws, why provide money to run marijuana dispensaries? Only some of those marijuana law victims are able to run businesses, and only some of those are available to run these particular businesses. A far better solution would be to reimburse marijuana law victims for the time that New York kept them locked up, and let each decide for himself what to do with the money.

Simply cutting checks to the people whom New York State persecuted would be better. But that wouldn’t serve politicians’ and bureaucrats’ interests – and that’s really what this effort is about. Marijuana dispensaries will generate hundreds of millions of dollars for the state in licensing fees and taxes. That money will swell bureaucrats’ budgets and give politicians favors to hand out. Politicians and their favored constituencies are the big winners here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    I liken the lies government told us about marijuana to what the cigarette companies did hiding the negative health effects. I think there should be a similar penalty, it because it's the government there is no penalty for purposely lying to people to get the desired outcome.

What I want to see with legalization is a comittee to go through and document publicly the origins of cannabis prohibition and the lies and deceit used to brainwash the population into supporting it. Cannabis was used as a medicine for thousands of years and was only removed from the pharmecopia when it was made illegal. Now somehow there is am impossible to meet standard to get it considered medicine again. They want studies despite no studies needed to criminalize it. In fact when there were studies they sided with legalization and were ignored anyways. There was even an appeal process built into the Controlled Substances Act. The appeal took 10+ years because the government kept refusing to actually let the appeal process happen and NORML, the group doing the appeal, had to get copies to order them to honor the appeals process. This happened like 5 times. Eventually they got hearings in front of administrative law judge Francis Young. NORML won and the judge ruled it shouldn't be a schedule 1 drug as it had medicinal uses. The government just ignored it. This has been a conspiracy from day 1 and should be taught in schools to show people the depths of government corruption. To this day the federal government sends people marijuana for medicinal purposes while also successfully arguing in federal courts that it is not medicine. Judges that rules in their favor should be impeached as well. No judge that ruled against the government on this was going to get an appointment to a higher court. They know this.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I liken the lies government told us about marijuana to what the cigarette companies did hiding the negative health effects. I think there should be a similar penalty, it because it's the government there is no penalty for purposely lying to people to get the desired outcome.

What I want to see with legalization is a comittee to go through and document publicly the origins of cannabis prohibition and the lies and deceit used to brainwash the population into supporting it. Cannabis was used as a medicine for thousands of years and was only removed from the pharmecopia when it was made illegal. Now somehow there is am impossible to meet standard to get it considered medicine again. They want studies despite no studies needed to criminalize it. In fact when there were studies they sided with legalization and were ignored anyways. There was even an appeal process built into the Controlled Substances Act. The appeal took 10+ years because the government kept refusing to actually let the appeal process happen and NORML, the group doing the appeal, had to get copies to order them to honor the appeals process. This happened like 5 times. Eventually they got hearings in front of administrative law judge Francis Young. NORML won and the judge ruled it shouldn't be a schedule 1 drug as it had medicinal uses. The government just ignored it. This has been a conspiracy from day 1 and should be taught in schools to show people the depths of government corruption. To this day the federal government sends people marijuana for medicinal purposes while also successfully arguing in federal courts that it is not medicine. Judges that rules in their favor should be impeached as well. No judge that ruled against the government on this was going to get an appointment to a higher court. They know this.
    Interesting post.

Also- high thc content weed being linked to psychosis in states where weed is legal. Berenson was on this a while back.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    I will look that up when I get home. Many of these studies are done by people that are very biased against marijuana. The DEA is who authorized groups to do studies but generally only let people who they know will come to the "right" outcome do the studies.

One thing to consider when talking about the narratives of marijuana is to weigh it with the negatives of prohibition of marijuana. Can marijuana cause psychosis by heavy users? Possibly, but most people aren't heavy users. Being arrested and incarcerated is also well known to cause mental illness in many people. We do actually have plenty of real world data now that it's been legal in Canada for years. They haven't had significant problems whatsoever. In fact no place that has legalized haa seen any significant attempt to re-criminilize it. That says a lot imo.

It’s over."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    If you're going to allow people to destroy their brain cells drinking and becoming alcholics, I'm not sure why some possible psychosis from weed is scary.

I think everyone here has probably met or been connected to someone who's had their life or family ruined by alcohol.

I guess people just tolerate it.

Alcoholism - Destroys brain cells. Encourages drunk driving. Destroys family relationships. Induces domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, etc.

Weed - It might cause psychosis. WELP THAT SETTLES THAT.

I've known many potheads, and all of them wanted to be left alone to not be bothered by others. Meanwhile alcoholics love to spread their misery to everyone else. Smoked weed for the first time in 6 months last week. With my friend who just broke off an engagement and my other buddy. We sat in the car (parked), smoked some strong weed, and just listened to some relaxing chillaxing music.

1 hour felt like 4 hours. But it was awesome.
    Forever Fredi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Runnin (08-31-2022)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    If you're going to allow people to destroy their brain cells drinking and becoming alcholics, I'm not sure why some possible psychosis from weed is scary.

I think everyone here has probably met or been connected to someone who's had their life or family ruined by alcohol.

I guess people just tolerate it.

Alcoholism - Destroys brain cells. Encourages drunk driving. Destroys family relationships. Induces domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, etc.

Weed - It might cause psychosis. WELP THAT SETTLES THAT.

I've known many potheads, and all of them wanted to be left alone to not be bothered by others. Meanwhile alcoholics love to spread their misery to everyone else.

If you take that stance why not just legalize all drugs?

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    If you take that stance why not just legalize all drugs?
    That's a dumb question. There are clearly some drugs like heroine that shouldn't be legalized.

So you can't answer my question about alcohol, so let's deflect.

This is classic All Lives Matter whataboutism.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Anecdotal, but I've never met someone who smoked weed turn violent or belligerent or make them go Jekyll-Hyde.

I have however met plenty of alcoholics who do all of the above. And meth and heroine users in the same token.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    All I ask for is to treat substances by the same standard. Marijuana has always been about whose money does it threaten and who can it allow to be arrested. The first laws came about after Mexico lost their lands that are now in the US. Problem was those areas were filled with Mexicans. Marijuana was commonly used by Mexicans at the time so US politicians used that as the means to deport them. Actually deported many US citizens too. Hemp was a threat to some rich peoples businesses so they used their influence to make that illegal. Nowadays it's just a hit being able to search and arrest the "undesribales". The way it works is you have struct laws then pick and choose who you enforce it on. Inhave been pulled over multiple times with my car reeking of marijuana. Never even been searched. Anyone think that would be the case if I was black?

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I've known 2 people whose lives were permanently changed by weed. One after frying his brain every morning with bong hits became a schizophrenic and was never the same again. The other had his first toke in his twenties and within a few years had a nervous breakdown while very high.

Moderate marijuana use is probably harmless, but the stuff they are growing these days is really strong.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Anecdotal, but I've never met someone who smoked weed turn violent or belligerent or make them go Jekyll-Hyde.

I have however met plenty of alcoholics who do all of the above. And meth and heroine users in the same token.

Just about any cop will tell you marijuana smokers dont go crazy when they arrest them. Its all the drunk people that go ape****.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    All I ask for is to treat substances by the same standard. Marijuana has always been about whose money does it threaten and who can it allow to be arrested. The first laws came about after Mexico lost their lands that are now in the US. Problem was those areas were filled with Mexicans. Marijuana was commonly used by Mexicans at the time so US politicians used that as the means to deport them. Actually deported many US citizens too. Hemp was a threat to some rich peoples businesses so they used their influence to make that illegal. Nowadays it's just a hit being able to search and arrest the "undesribales". The way it works is you have struct laws then pick and choose who you enforce it on. Inhave been pulled over multiple times with my car reeking of marijuana. Never even been searched. Anyone think that would be the case if I was black?
    I got pulled over with a reeking car back in the day. The other passenger was black and probably why I got pulled over in the first place. The deputy searched the car and both of us. Came within an inch or two of being the worst day of my life.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I got pulled over with a reeking car back in the day. The other passenger was black and probably why I got pulled over in the first place. The deputy searched the car and both of us. Came within an inch or two of being the worst day of my life.
    You likely were the reason it wasn’t the worst day of your friend’s life.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I've known 2 people whose lives were permanently changed by weed. One after frying his brain every morning with bong hits became a schizophrenic and was never the same again. The other had his first toke in his twenties and within a few years had a nervous breakdown while very high.

Moderate marijuana use is probably harmless, but the stuff they are growing these days is really strong.

I think there were other factors other than marijuana use there, but like I said you have to weigh the negatives of legalization with the negatives of prohibition. There's people whose lives have been ruined by marijuana prohibition that dont even use the drug.

You know, I dont like sandals and flip flops. I dont eant to see their nasty ass feet. I bet it of the millions of people that use them a few had something bad happen that actual shows would have prevented. Now I strongly dislike sandals, but I would never agree that violence against them is the answer just because some people had injuries to their feet from not wearing proper shoes.

At the very least all substances should be judged by the same standard. Can we all agree on that.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think a lot of the issue is this isn’t your same weed from 40 years ago
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    So wheres the issue in Canada where it's legal?

It’s over."

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Correct, you know exactly the content of THC in your legally purchased weed. I know my edibles have 5.1 mg of THC in it.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    You're right, it is better, cleaner, and lab analyzed. That's a stupid argument used by people against weed for ages who have no idea what they are talking about. So the pyschosis thing is not new. Berenson wasn't "on" this sooner than anyone else. This research has been in peer reviewed journals for at least a decade. The long and short of it is that weed induced pyschosis is mainly just in young people (obviously a developing brain should probably not be using it, thus age limits legally) or in people predisposed for pyschosis or those who have had previous symptoms. Basically, if you are already experiencing pyschosis symptoms it could make it worse, or it can bring it out in a young undeveloped brain. The likelihood of a mentally healthy (well not even just mentally healthy because there is tons peer reviewed proof and anecdotal evidence that weed in moderation can do wonders for depression and anxiety) adult developing pyschosis from weed is pretty much nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    https://www.marijuanamoment.net/phar...w-study-finds/

As I have said it's all about money. Pharmaceutical companies and alcohol companies stand to lose hundreds of billions of dollars because of legalization. With legalization I want a full investigation and accounting for every dollar they used to bribe politicians. It might not be illegal to do that but I think people deserve to know this information.

It’s over."