Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts

Legalization thread

Making this thread for legalization which is a topic we will hear a lot more about in the near future. Also to let people know that it kind of technically already is legal. I bought a legal joint from a store today. There is a new product derived from hemp that has Delta-8 THC. Hemp was legalized in the 2018 farm bill because Moscow Mitch had something to gain from it. Normal marijuana has Delta-9 THC. Search locally for any CBD place and there is a good chance they carry Delta-8. I have tried it and it gives a mild effect. I was told it was like halfway between CBD and real pot and I think thats a pretty accurate description.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ed-nationally/

good article about the future of legalization.

It’s over."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ed-nationally/

good article about the future of legalization.
    This may shock you, but cops don’t give a **** about weed, as long as you aren’t an asshole to the cops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    I have been pulled over immediately after finishing my third blunt on a drive home from work and not been arrested. I doubt I would be so lucky if I was black but thats impossible to know. I dont really know what that had to do with the article though. If you really wanna pick a fight about it though would you like me to tell you the story about how NYPD kept arresting so many people for weed after it was decriminalized in NYC? You see, it was legal to have marijuana so long as it wasnt in plain view. So what NYPD would do is when they could get people to admit they had weed they would ask them to pull it out then arrest them for having it in public view. You want that story? How about the one I recently posted in another thread where Cops in the county I live in raping a woman on the side of the road searching for a small amount of weed? Thats not from the 1980's. Thats from 2019. You want that story? Or do you want the story where a moms kids are taken away because she got arrested for weed and her kids were molested, raped, and/or murdered. I got a few of those...

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    This may shock you, but cops don’t give a **** about weed, as long as you aren’t an asshole to the cops.
    false

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

Carp (04-27-2021), zitothebrave (04-24-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,965 Posts
    Making this thread for legalization which is a topic we will hear a lot more about in the near future. Also to let people know that it kind of technically already is legal. I bought a legal joint from a store today. There is a new product derived from hemp that has Delta-8 THC. Hemp was legalized in the 2018 farm bill because Moscow Mitch had something to gain from it. Normal marijuana has Delta-9 THC. Search locally for any CBD place and there is a good chance they carry Delta-8. I have tried it and it gives a mild effect. I was told it was like halfway between CBD and real pot and I think thats a pretty accurate description.
    Our idiot governor in ND just made Delta-8 illegal. Oh well, I have my medical card here. Although the prices are hysterically bad.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

Me over here seeing every state surrounding me and my old home state legalizing it, any meaningful legislation always last to arrive in NH and Connecticut.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    I was thinking about posting that graph in the thread. It shows why prohibitionists fought so hard to not let any state legalize. It let people realize that the fearmongering by cops and others was BS. Stoned and impaired drivers are already all around you. Cops want to pretend like no one drives impaired and all of a sudden if we legalize theres gonna be 300,000 people driving recklessly on the roads from marijuana. In many respects marijuana makes you a safer driver.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    In many respects marijuana makes you a safer driver.
    It must vary by driver. The one time I drove stoned convinced me I should never do it again.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    Odds are if you are too high to drive you cant get to and start a car. The NHTSA did a study on the effects of driving stoned and/or drunk. Drunk driving caused increased speeds, increased variance speed, significant loss of ability to maintain lane, and a significant reduction in reflexes. For marijuana it caused drivers to drive slightly under the speed limit and follow the car in front of them instead of passing. With alcohol the peak of impairment is not at the time of consumption. With marijuana the owak of the high is when you are smoking. So the effects get worse if drunk but you are sovering up if stoned. Drunk drivers are also a lot less aware they are impaired. Stoned drivers tend to obey traffic laws more just because they fear getting pulled over. Stoned driving is about the equivalent off talking on the phone when driving. Not good but it's not close to drunk driving like some want to make it out to be.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Well you kind of pointed out the thing there cajun. People probably drive more carefully stoned because it's illegal. You shouldn't drive impaired period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    Bad drivers sober are bad drivers stoned. We allow a legal limit for reason. I just want marijuana judged by the same criteria as other substances. I want real independent tests done to determine what's a safe amount to drive on as opposed to just assuming it's as bad as alcohol and trying to set the legal limit based on arbitrary reasons. Talking on your phone is a crime in a lot of places but it's not considered the same as drunk driving for a reason.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Well you kind of pointed out the thing there cajun. People probably drive more carefully stoned because it's illegal. You shouldn't drive impaired period.

This is a joke of a study. They are doing two things I dont recommend which is driving high when you very rarely smoke and driving with a bunch of stoned friends. You can say these guys are too impaired to drive but they also recognize that and probably wouldnt be driving if not for the test. Also, wtf is with that driving course. I drive all over Houston stoned like crazy but I dont know where I am going to have to face something that difficult and be expected to maintain a high rate of speed. Driving is set up to help the bad drivers to begin with. The speed limits are set artificially low. Put a lot of elderly drivers through that same cone course and I dont see it going nearly as well as it did for these guys stoned. That video was pure propaganda and half truths.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    This is a joke of a study. They are doing two things I dont recommend which is driving high when you very rarely smoke and driving with a bunch of stoned friends. You can say these guys are too impaired to drive but they also recognize that and probably wouldnt be driving if not for the test. Also, wtf is with that driving course. I drive all over Houston stoned like crazy but I dont know where I am going to have to face something that difficult and be expected to maintain a high rate of speed. Driving is set up to help the bad drivers to begin with. The speed limits are set artificially low. Put a lot of elderly drivers through that same cone course and I dont see it going nearly as well as it did for these guys stoned. That video was pure propaganda and half truths.
    You do realize they're a bunch of pro-pot people who make videos for lulz right?

Driving high is not safer than driving sober period. Any delay to your reaction can be bad. I've been guilty of driving impaired. I've drove drunk, high, and incredibly tired. All of those were irresponsible and one vs. the other they all are bad. I'm the kind of person who is probably like top 5% of a driver and I'm very good at mental focus. But I know my reality. If you think you're a better driver high than sober you're lying to yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    What makes a person a safe driver? If I am stoned but follow all traffic laws I am already a safer driver than the sober person speeding or doing any number of other traffic violations. I follow all traffic laws to the letter to make sure theres no reason I can be pulled over. Stoned drivers drive 50 in a 55 and actually give proper cushion to the driver in front of them. That's what being high does to the average driver. That's safer than all those sober drivers driving 65 in a 55 riding the ass of the car in front of them.

When I watched the video they all said they rarely ever smoke except one guy. I don't care how pro whatever the channel claims to be. It's a fine college presentation but not an actual scientific experiment. I wonder why that's allowed to be posted but when I tried posting groups trying marijuana for the first time it wasnt allowed.... hmmmm......

Last edited by cajunrevenge; 04-24-2021 at 10:36 PM.

It’s over."

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    906 Posts
    The pro-legalization team is winning...I don't think "hey, we're better drivers stoned than sober!" is the battle we want to take up when we're so close to winning the war...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

Carp (04-27-2021), nsacpi (04-25-2021), Tapate50 (04-25-2021), zitothebrave (04-25-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    The pro-legalization team is winning...I don't think "hey, we're better drivers stoned than sober!" is the battle we want to take up when we're so close to winning the war...
    It's a little bit like Pete Carroll calling a passing play with Marshawn Lynch in the backfield in a goal line situation.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (04-25-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,532 Posts
    Malcolm Butler will forever be grateful.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts

Here is a page from the NHTSA report to Congress in July 2017. Many of the effects listed about marijuana make a driver safer. They even note that other studies done dont show any impairment but disregards them for not reaching the only acceptable answer.

My point though is that we should base any laws on driving on marijuana on a scientific term done by a neutral party. In other words dont ask the DEA what the legal limit should be. Domt base it on the preconceived notions people were taught by DARE.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 04-26-2021 at 02:42 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,703 Posts
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...l/2830/actions

Republican Rep Don Young filed bill to protect the second amendment rights of marijuana users in the free states. Outright trolling the Democrats.

It’s over."