Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FRIDAY MINORS FINAL 5/7/21; Gwinnett rolls, others rolled

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Hopefully Tucker Davidson gets a shot next time we need a starter instead of just running Wright/Wilson out there to get beat up again.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Augusta game was pretty blah. The starter was Bryant, who I have never heard of. He was sitting 94-96 on his fastball. He threw a ton of curve balls which were really effective. His stuff was surprisingly good. The run he gave up was due to some bad defense behind him. Most contact was weak. He was pulled after 3 and a third innings and the wheels fell off of the Green Jacket pitching staff. A lefty named Rodriguez came in and couldn’t throw strikes. I didn’t pay much attention to the staff after that 4th inning.

The talent was lacking at the plate and in the field. Lots of strikeouts and weak contact up and down the order. Willie Carter smoked a ball, but I looked him up, he’s 24, so not really a prospect.
    Unfortunately Grissom didn’t play tonight so I missed the top prospect here. I’m sure I’ll catch him at some point this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Is the system in as bad a shape as it was in 2014?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Is the system in as bad a shape as it was in 2014?
    Pretty close. Like then, we have graduated a lot of guys out of the system so that put a crimp in the depth up and down the line. I think the difference now is that the international penalties have just hollowed out our prospect status at the lower end of the chain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Pretty close. Like then, we have graduated a lot of guys out of the system so that put a crimp in the depth up and down the line. I think the difference now is that the international penalties have just hollowed out our prospect status at the lower end of the chain.
    Time to fire AA and rebuild?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Watched the Gwinnett game instead of the *hit show going on at Truist Park. Davidson looked really good - not overpowering or TOR good, but the good that we need. Wasn't overthrowing or trying to be overly precise, working both sides of the plate, not scared of contact.

Of course it's much easier to do that when given a 7-0 lead before you've thrown your first pitch.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Watched the Gwinnett game instead of the *hit show going on at Truist Park. Davidson looked really good - not overpowering or TOR good, but the good that we need. Wasn't overthrowing or trying to be overly precise, working both sides of the plate, not scared of contact.

Of course it's much easier to do that when given a 7-0 lead before you've thrown your first pitch.
    How did ender look? Ready to get him back if this is the version of pache we get this year

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Time to fire AA and rebuild?
    I wouldn't go that far. I think the fact that the draft strategy of 2019 was so greatly disrupted by the pandemic that we have to see how those guys play out before making any rash judgments. Anthopoulos didn't inherit the best of situations with the international penalties and the problems that the organization's pinning such high hopes on The Battery investment have compounded the problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-08-2021)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How did ender look? Ready to get him back if this is the version of pache we get this year
    Did a nice job going the other way on his double - it wasn't "roasted" by any stretch, but it was solid. For reasons beyond comprehension they had the LF shaded a little towards left-center - not WAY that way, but Ender beat the throw by about three steps standing up.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-09-2021), msstate7 (05-08-2021)