Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: GDT 5-20 time for Smyly to eat some Crowe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Swanson seems to be coming around. Hopefully ozuna, albies, and some of the pen arms are soon to follow.
    Part of the issue is we're losing these a lot of these games in such demoralizing fashion. How many games have we had the lead in the late innings only to blow it. Or the team to come back only to completely fail in extra innings. We've had so many of what I'd consider "bad losses", and they continue to just pile up. It's not even that we're getting out played. It's just such poor performance across the board and lack of execution when it counts. Something we didn't really witness much of in the past few years.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYCBrave For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (05-21-2021), jpx7 (05-21-2021)

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    Part of the issue is we're losing these a lot of these games in such demoralizing fashion. How many games have we had the lead in the late innings only to blow it. Or the team to come back only to completely fail in extra innings. We've had so many of what I'd consider "bad losses", and they continue to just pile up. It's not even that we're getting out played. It's just such poor performance across the board and lack of execution when it counts. Something we didn't really witness much of in the past few years.
    That falls squarely on the shoulders of the manager. Snit isn’t putting us in the best position to win every night. Using Webb and Tomlin in high leverage situations over and over isn’t going to result in anything other Ls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Will Webb make it thru the day? Seems a sacrifice to the fanbase is in order

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    That falls squarely on the shoulders of the manager. Snit isn’t putting us in the best position to win every night. Using Webb and Tomlin in high leverage situations over and over isn’t going to result in anything other Ls.
    You could say that. But it also doesn't help that nearly every hitter on our team is underperforming relative to their expected output. I guess when everything went right last year, it covered up a lot of flaws of the manager.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    This simply, to me at least, is not the baseball that I grew up with nor how I was taught to learn the game. Is it Snits fault? Is it Liberty at the root cause? Probably just the end result of changing society. IMO, when you have a job whether it is laying bricks or playing baseball and you are paid a salary that you requested, then you do it right and with some enthusiasm. When I see Freddie grin and joke with a competitor when that competitor reaches base it disturbs be. When Ozuna gets in the box and seems to make a joke of his execution it bothers me. I would like to see a pitcher throw his glove at the wall occasionally. I would like to see some emotion from the players. The HR celebrations are fine but not when you are behind by 6 runs. The selfies and stirring the pot dont signify accomplishment to me.
    Ill go now and wait for the usual sarcastic comments.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    Will Webb make it thru the day? Seems a sacrifice to the fanbase is in order
    He needs to go down to AAA after the Pillar disaster, mentally, it is going to take Webb time to heal
    Get off my lawn!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-21-2021)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    The whole mix it up doesn’t bother me at all, but it looks ridiculous when you still do that when losing by several runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    The whole mix it up doesn’t bother me at all, but it looks ridiculous when you still do that when losing by several runs.
    Or a selfie when your ops is in the 600s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Or a selfie when your ops is in the 600s
    Is it still in the .600s?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    This simply, to me at least, is not the baseball that I grew up with nor how I was taught to learn the game. Is it Snits fault? Is it Liberty at the root cause? Probably just the end result of changing society. IMO, when you have a job whether it is laying bricks or playing baseball and you are paid a salary that you requested, then you do it right and with some enthusiasm. When I see Freddie grin and joke with a competitor when that competitor reaches base it disturbs be. When Ozuna gets in the box and seems to make a joke of his execution it bothers me. I would like to see a pitcher throw his glove at the wall occasionally. I would like to see some emotion from the players. The HR celebrations are fine but not when you are behind by 6 runs. The selfies and stirring the pot dont signify accomplishment to me.
    Ynoa showed emotion. How’s that work out?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippyjms For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-21-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    High 590s

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I'm ready to see Riley bat cleanup.
    Forever Fredi

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    At the end of the game last night, Ozuna's OPS was listed as .598
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    I'm ready to see Riley bat cleanup.
    I'm ready to see AA step up - even if it is out of desperation.

While the rest of the division has done us the solid of going nowhere while the entire team sputters overall (different culprits on different nights, of course) it's no longer "early", and it's probably time to tell Snitker he can't keep answering "aw shucks" to every question. The offense is "fine" - someone different seems to step up to help Riley (yes, I said it) each night, so the team numbers don't look as awful as some individuals' that you were counting on do. That still doesn't mean he shouldn't try to shake some things up. I'd start with...

1.) Put Riley in the #3 hole while he and Freddie are hot and Ozuna's struggling and move Ozuna back up when the hits start falling.
    2.) Move Contreras up behind Ozzie and Ozuna.
    3.) Drop Dansby to the #8 spot behind Ender/Heredia. You want "the bottom to feed the top" so bad Snit? Put Dansby in front of the Pitcher and FORCE him to be more selective like he was last night - don't have two black holes together at the bottom, split them up.

While the "aw shucks" routine is great for the players' libidos, he needs to show he's capable of dropping the hammer when necessary, and dancing around the situation in the pen isn't helping things. He needs to be heard answering a reporter's question with "The pen is the reason we're playing so bad and things are changing NOW. No one has a guaranteed role or spot - there are a ton of arms in Gwinnett we can try before Alex needs to go make a trade, but if he does he's prepared to." He doesn't have to embarrass anyone by calling them out personally, but he can't keep ignoring the elephant in the room.

You've passed the quarter-pole and you know what needs "fixing". EVERYBODY is well aware of the problem, and it's time to treat these guys like adults that are making big money and not getting their jobs done - not your grandkids.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Kevan smith for Contreras is only change today

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    To clv,s point, it is Snits position to make decisions but the players have to take responsibility for their actions (or lack thereof). Remember the players only meetings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    I would enjoy a win today tbh

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Well it's not just a game but a business. A multi billion dollar business. It's not the same game you grew up watching. Players don't stay on the same team so there is no real animosity with opposing players. Good chance they will play together at some point. It's the same way in all the major sports. Players are the brand and they are there to promote themselves. And with the amount of money that flows into the game it's hard to argue against it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-22-2021)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    a
    Forever Fredi