Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports: Marcell Ozuna Arrested For Domestic Battery

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    They reviewed the body cam footage and it wasn’t what they thought it was gonna be. Somebody exaggerated big time at first
    Thats fantastic news?

I'd still like to know what actually happened then. My line of terrible behavior towards women is easy to cross.
    Natural Immunity Croc

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (07-30-2021), Jaw (07-30-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Thats fantastic news?

I'd still like to know what actually happened then. My line of terrible behavior towards women is easy to cross.
    We’ll know soon enough since the charges have been lessened. I just hope MLB doesn’t try to make an example like they always do with us.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    We’ll know soon enough since the charges have been lessened. I just hope MLB doesn’t try to make an example like they always do with us.
    True. But if any example is going to be made right now it will be with Bauer I'm sure

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield10 View Post
    But but but… #believeallwomen
    Is it the woman who filled the police report stating she witnessed Ozuna choking her and throwing her up against the wall and hitting her with his cast?

It's actually hilarious the cards you've played this thread. First it was Ozuna will get out of out it because he's black and a white cop was against (which turns out was probably true). Then you transition straight over to calling the woman a liar.

Honestly, I applaud you. It's truly inspiring how someone with this level of intellect is even able to form complete sentences.
    Last edited by Carp; 07-30-2021 at 08:11 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Unless I’m mistaken prosecutors are still pursuing the misdemeanor charges. So while it looks like a case of cops embellishing, he still apparently hit her and thus is a piece of ****.
    Given the tumultuous relationship between the two, it's entirely possible he was defending himself/retaliating to her violence. Pretty clear that she isn't afraid to throw hands.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,039 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Given the tumultuous relationship between the two, it's entirely possible he was defending himself/retaliating to her violence. Pretty clear that she isn't afraid to throw hands.
    Yes but the offenses he’s still apparently being charged with can bring a year of prison if you get an overzealous judge. I doubt it was simply a matter of him jacking her up against a wall and telling her to calm down.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    The lines get really blurry when self defense comes into play. It's always wrong to hit a woman, but at what point is the man allowed to use physical restraint to keep her from doing him bodily harm?

Many years ago I had a long term employee in this situation. His lady friend came at him swinging a hatchet, connecting with his shoulder. She swung it again, and he picked up a chair and knocked her down. She called the police, and they took him to jail. Charges were eventually dropped, but it seemed like a crock that he got taken to jail for defending himself against assault with a deadly weapon, especially when he had the wound to prove it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yes but the offenses he’s still apparently being charged with can bring a year of prison if you get an overzealous judge. I doubt it was simply a matter of him jacking her up against a wall and telling her to calm down.
    Maybe. All I'm saying it's hard to say based on their history. Given that we know the police were exaggerating their encounter, it's hard to know what really happened.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    Starlin Castro just got 30 games with no pay from MLB
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkPiggler View Post
    The lines get really blurry when self defense comes into play. It's always wrong to hit a woman, but at what point is the man allowed to use physical restraint to keep her from doing him bodily harm?

Many years ago I had a long term employee in this situation. His lady friend came at him swinging a hatchet, connecting with his shoulder. She swung it again, and he picked up a chair and knocked her down. She called the police, and they took him to jail. Charges were eventually dropped, but it seemed like a crock that he got taken to jail for defending himself against assault with a deadly weapon, especially when he had the wound to prove it.
    In an extreme case like that then you have to defend yourself but it should still be relatively easy to restrain a woman in all situations. We also have to factor in that this is a professional athlete here. Any woman is basically a feather pillow to him.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,881 Posts
    In an extreme case like that then you have to defend yourself but it should still be relatively easy to restrain a woman in all situations. We also have to factor in that this is a professional athlete here. Any woman is basically a feather pillow to him.
    Ozuna was 1/2 an athlete at the time

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,496 Posts
    Castro is also going to be immediately released following his suspension.

I have to say, this does not bode well for Ozuna
    Get off my lawn!

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    The Bauer and Castro situations both don't bode particularly well for Ozuna. What a messy situation- seemingly a pretty broken relationship, a nasty incident that involved a physical altercation of some sort, and now potential embellishment by the cops who responded? I'm not sure how anyone is looking at this and thinking "should be resolved soon enough for Ozuna to suit up in August," but maybe I'm wrong.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to McCann'sCans For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-30-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,753 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    The Bauer and Castro situations both don't bode particularly well for Ozuna. What a messy situation- seemingly a pretty broken relationship, a nasty incident that involved a physical altercation of some sort, and now potential embellishment by the cops who responded? I'm not sure how anyone is looking at this and thinking "should be resolved soon enough for Ozuna to suit up in August," but maybe I'm wrong.
    I think he'll be suspended for the rest of the season, and the braves' PR team will start the process of cleaning up his image so he's ready to go next season

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think he'll be suspended for the rest of the season, and the braves' PR team will start the process of cleaning up his image so he's ready to go next season
    They could start by finding him a good divorce lawyer.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    They could start by finding him a good divorce lawyer.
    Is that a service provided by the players' union?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Is that a service provided by the players' union?
    SHOULD BE
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,021 Posts
    Apparently you've never raised kids. As someone currently raising a toddler in the terrible twos, restraining another human is much easier said than done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,909 Posts
    Apparently you've never raised kids. As someone currently raising a toddler in the terrible twos, restraining another human is much easier said than done.
    My guy is 4 months so not there yet. I'm relatively fit so I think I'll be fine.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,398 Posts
    My guy is 4 months so not there yet. I'm relatively fit so I think I'll be fine.
    You could wrestle a water Buffalo and still not be able to handle a 2 year old. The eyes will melt your soul and all powers will be nullified.
    Coppy