Thread: Best time to buy braves tix?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,706 Posts

Best time to buy braves tix?

I usually just get my fix as soon as I plan on going to game, but perhaps I'm doing it wrong. For years, I've waited till game day to buy saints tix, and I always save big time. Have you guys waited last minute with success?
    Swanson sucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I usually just get my fix as soon as I plan on going to game, but perhaps I'm doing it wrong. For years, I've waited till game day to buy saints tix, and I always save big time. Have you guys waited last minute with success?
    Use to be beforehand….Stubhub and other venue ticket outlets have jacked their service fee up so high it’s ridiculous…

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    If you have no preference where your seats are, the cheapest (best deal) has always been the best price at the walk up windows about 10 minutes or less til first pitch. Now sell outs can be a problem if you are desperate to see that particular game.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    If you don't mind eating the cost of a couple of cheap tickets, do this.

Buy the cheapest you can stand ahead of time. Guarantee you're in the building regardless.

Check StubHub the afternoon of the game. Prices start falling pretty quickly as first pitch approaches.

We ended up in the Delta Club (all-inclusive, covered seats on a rainy day) for around $50-60 each, plus the cost of the cheaper tickets we bought ahead of time. Bought these tickets about 4:30 PM on game day. Still came out way ahead versus paying face value (or above) for the seats we ended up sitting in that night.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DirkPiggler For This Useful Post:

GovClintonTyree (09-28-2021), Tapate50 (09-28-2021), thewupk (09-28-2021)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkPiggler View Post
    If you don't mind eating the cost of a couple of cheap tickets, do this.

Buy the cheapest you can stand ahead of time. Guarantee you're in the building regardless.

Check StubHub the afternoon of the game. Prices start falling pretty quickly as first pitch approaches.

We ended up in the Delta Club (all-inclusive, covered seats on a rainy day) for around $50-60 each, plus the cost of the cheaper tickets we bought ahead of time. Bought these tickets about 4:30 PM on game day. Still came out way ahead versus paying face value (or above) for the seats we ended up sitting in that night.
    big brain move

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I remember the great times of like 2006 when Stubhub was pretty new, and the Phillies were still mediocre, me and my brother would decide to just go to games because someone popped seats on Stubhub. One game we sat right behind homeplate and I thinkwe paid 35 bucks per seat. Even the beginnning of 08 we could do silly stuff. Once the won the World Series the bandwagon fans showed up in droves. I imagine in the mid 2015s it was even more fun to get to go to games. Whent hey were averaging 40K+ it was a pain in the ass going to CBP, then I left south jersey adn they basically started sucking again.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Question for MSState or anyone else with interest. How many games do you attend in an average year? I may have another suggestion for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I remember the great times of like 2006 when Stubhub was pretty new, and the Phillies were still mediocre, me and my brother would decide to just go to games because someone popped seats on Stubhub. One game we sat right behind homeplate and I thinkwe paid 35 bucks per seat. Even the beginnning of 08 we could do silly stuff. Once the won the World Series the bandwagon fans showed up in droves. I imagine in the mid 2015s it was even more fun to get to go to games. Whent hey were averaging 40K+ it was a pain in the ass going to CBP, then I left south jersey adn they basically started sucking again.
    Good call on that. One of my favorite times was our run of success in the early 2010's. The Mets were typically out of it by the all star break, Mets fans were looking to dump tickets so I could get really good cheap tickets on Stubhub when the Braves were in town in August/September.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Question for MSState or anyone else with interest. How many games do you attend in an average year? I may have another suggestion for you.
    5-6

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    5-6
    Season tickets to share?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    I don't think I'd ever attend enough to get season tix. Besides, I love sitting in different sections every game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    That’d be a cool idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    My son and I used to buy 20 open season tickets each. During early season when attendance was lower we would go to the on call window close to game time and exchange them for better seats. Summer when attendance was higher he would take his customers to games and his company would reimburse him. Again in fall when attendance dropped we would exchange for better seats. This was at Turner Field. The on call window did not charge for updated seats so frequently we could exchange our tix for box seats. IIRC the cost was $28 per tix and was for seats under the overhang right behind 1b. FWIW the best deal I ever got was exchange for 2 box seats just to right of visitors dugout. Was the game where McCann took on Carlos Gomez before home plate.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    That’d be a cool idea
    Would be a lot of work for someone on here and probably too logistically challenging if people are like me and looking to only go to 2-4 games per year, but would definitely be a cool idea. If someone were interested in a large chunk of games- 30-40- then it would be a lot easier to manage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    The weekend ticket package is something I’ve considered
    Ivermectin Man

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,034 Posts
    This is an interesting idea. Back when I lived in Atlanta, I was part of a consortium that bought 81 games and 10-12 of us would split them up...I would take 6-8, which was about right for me.

As Tapate points out, they now have the weekend packages that include all the home games of either Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but also other games, so it appears to me that you have to buy 27 games. That's too many for me since I'm 2.5 hours from the stadium. But I'd take, say, 6. And might be willing to be the point man if we think there's enough interest and commitment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    I’d be willing to be game for anywhere from 4-6 most likely
    Ivermectin Man

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I usually try to make it down for a series (maybe two) every year and would love to have some guaranteed and stress free access to tickets. But living in Colorado, I'm not really available to get to Atlanta for last minute availability so I might not be a great add to a consortium.