User Tag List

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 681 to 689 of 689

Thread: Extracting the Innocent from the Danger Zone 2.0

  1. #681
    Voted Worst Poster of 2015
    (Co-Winner)
    NinersSBChamps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Prior Lake, MN
    Posts
    12,018
    Thanks
    2,838
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 988 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't sound familiar to me. Anywho welcome a aboard, mate!

  2. #682
    Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Doesn't sound familiar to me. Anywho welcome a aboard, mate!
    That doesn't surprise me, I haven't posted on that board since around 2007 or something.

    I logged on for the first time in 4-5 years last night to talk about the Touki Toussaint trade since it was such a coup (while wondering why the place was so dead), and I happened to see a PM from a couple years ago about this place. Cool to see so many familiar names from so long ago.

  3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NicholasD For This Useful Post:

    AerchAngel (09-03-2015),chop2chip (11-11-2015),Forever Fredi (06-21-2015),Hawk (06-21-2015),Julio3000 (08-18-2015),Mrs. Meta (04-09-2018),NinersSBChamps (06-21-2015),thethe (06-21-2015),thewupk (08-18-2015),zitothebrave (06-21-2015)

  4. #683
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,072
    Thanks
    994
    Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NichD was the one with the Urkel avatar, for those who don't remember.

  5. #684
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    6,609
    Thanks
    2,628
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 782 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear they thought he was me at one point.

  6. #685
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,483
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish some of the old comrades mentioned on page one could find themselves around these parts. I would love to hear Mike’s and groove’s thoughts on this era of the Braves.

    Great memories

  7. #686
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    DANGERZONE
    Posts
    16,791
    Thanks
    1,053
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,944 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Wish some of the old comrades mentioned on page one could find themselves around these parts. I would love to hear Mike’s and groove’s thoughts on this era of the Braves.

    Great memories
    I think the sadder part is we don't hear from guys like elmonthc and brule anymore.

    I was curious and went to check out the old scout forums and holy **** they're sad. Most threads with 10 or fewer posts. New threads every day or so to the point that their first page has posts from way back in December. No off topic forums. Still hanging onto the premium model, but how can you ever expect to attract someone to the premium board when the freeboard is so ass?
    AJ does all the other things just as well if not better than Mac - zbhargrove

    I don't think Nolan Ryan should be a poster child for mechanics - SAV

  8. #687
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,483
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked 1,760 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I think the sadder part is we don't hear from guys like elmonthc and brule anymore.

    I was curious and went to check out the old scout forums and holy **** they're sad. Most threads with 10 or fewer posts. New threads every day or so to the point that their first page has posts from way back in December. No off topic forums. Still hanging onto the premium model, but how can you ever expect to attract someone to the premium board when the freeboard is so ass?
    I don't think the decay of sports message boards happens if Twitter doesn't come around and its probably a fair tradeoff to make, but man do I miss how fun it was to waste time.

    Luckily this board still has a very active userbase and there's still a good spirit of debate. I just miss scanning threads to see what certain posters whom I respected had to say about a rumor or transaction.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

    NinersSBChamps (04-08-2018)

  10. #688
    Sabermetric Slut
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your Mom's Basement
    Posts
    12,473
    Thanks
    854
    Thanked 3,468 Times in 2,213 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I don't think the decay of sports message boards happens if Twitter doesn't come around and its probably a fair tradeoff to make, but man do I miss how fun it was to waste time.

    Luckily this board still has a very active userbase and there's still a good spirit of debate. I just miss scanning threads to see what certain posters whom I respected had to say about a rumor or transaction.
    I'd agree with that. Twitter has killed a few other message boards that I used to frequent that aren't sports related as well.

  11. #689
    Voted Worst Poster of 2015
    (Co-Winner)
    NinersSBChamps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Prior Lake, MN
    Posts
    12,018
    Thanks
    2,838
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 988 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is the absolute worst.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •