Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    That wasn’t my point….those young stars are good for the game and breath of fresh air… but they still have an obligation to play the game the right way and play hard….Does a player’s post HR celebration routine excuse them from making bone head decisions?

I love the new energy these young guys bring…especially Acuna…there are just some things that he does that I don’t like…nothing wrong with that…
    Nothing at all wrong with that. But Twit screwed up a great opportunity to dress him down...in private. For all of the "Braves Way," crap I've heard since forever, LaRussa type managerial disgust was always done in house. Cox pulled AJones for the right reasons and still protected him to the media. He acknowledged what happened, but 'stupid' that I know wasn't used.

In any case, I feel Acuña is the last person Twit protects. I suspect Cox would have been ejected 3 times I know of due to Acuña being intentionally thrown at. Long story short for me....as a young talented superstar he still has room to grow. He shouldn't be admonished for every bone headed play he makes. Especially by Twit...who acts like the dad begrudgingly playing child support and has to keep his son against his will..lol.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-19-2021), jpx7 (06-18-2021)