Thread: Trades/acquisitions

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    But we really dont know ANYTHING about Freddie except what we see on the field. Everything he and any other shopping FA says about staying is only sales talk.
    You think he wants to move his family on the other side of the country, locate them to new schools, etc. Yes, we technically dont know anything about Freddie other than on the field. But all things equal, im like 1000000000 percent sure if money/years are close, he's staying. Who knows what AA will offer him.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Cy doesnt want to talk about this yet but Im 1 billion percent sure (just as you are) that if Preller can dump Myers and Hosmer he would not be opposed to another $30M per player. One can never figure out Moreno but I bet he is setting in his office wondering how it would look to have 3 MVPs on the field at Anaheim. Dodger: One never knows where they jump next but Muncey is getting a little injury riddled but would make a great DH.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Cy doesnt want to talk about this yet but Im 1 billion percent sure (just as you are) that if Preller can dump Myers and Hosmer he would not be opposed to another $30M per player. One can never figure out Moreno but I bet he is setting in his office wondering how it would look to have 3 MVPs on the field at Anaheim. Dodger: One never knows where they jump next but Muncey is getting a little injury riddled but would make a great DH.
    Padres, dont see it. Angels have much more issues than going for Freeman. Dodgers have their own FA's to retain than going after Freeman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Padres, dont see it. Angels have much more issues than going for Freeman. Dodgers have their own FA's to retain than going after Freeman.
    You need to look closer at the Padres. Past present and future since Preller isnt going anywhere. Angels are totally unpredictable. Dodgers are perfect example of my theories. they will have just as hard of a time signing their FAs as Braves will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,719 Posts
    Why are you stressing over FF right now? We're back in the WS, enjoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,544 Posts
    This has nothing to do with resigning Freeman. Did you even read the post I quoted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why are you stressing over FF right now? We're back in the WS, enjoy
    I stressed out over baseball 50 plus years ago. Just trying to settle some weak hearts if and when Freddie leaves town. This week should have shown you that there is no such thing as a sure bet, especially on a West coast team. LOL

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    You need to look closer at the Padres. Past present and future since Preller isnt going anywhere. Angels are totally unpredictable. Dodgers are perfect example of my theories. they will have just as hard of a time signing their FAs as Braves will.
    Not sure why you're stressing over Freeman when we're in the ****ing WS. I trust AA to do what he thinks is best with FF. Still pretty damn confident we'll re-sign him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    This has nothing to do with resigning Freeman. Did you even read the post I quoted?
    Im referring to your off season talk going on now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,544 Posts
    Im referring to your off season talk going on now.
    I haven’t mentioned Freeman.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,976 Posts
    LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL
    Horsehide had a few Freeman-to-the-Astros suggestions back in 2015 or 2016, some of which were reasonable and some of which were conceptually outside the solar system. I remember one guy he really loved was A.J. Reed (all 275 pounds of him). I don't want to rip on Horsehide too much. He wanted a more radical rebuild and a case can be made that more dismantling could (and perhaps should) have been done. The team grew up in a hurry and projections are difficult.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    ROFL
    Big time YIKES on both of those 😬

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    I am referring to your post of 10-6-21 at 1;27pm about off season moves thread that you shut down.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,152 Posts
    I stressed out over baseball 50 plus years ago. Just trying to settle some weak hearts if and when Freddie leaves town. This week should have shown you that there is no such thing as a sure bet, especially on a West coast team. LOL
    Considering the team is in the World Series without its best hitter, losing Freddie would not be an extinction level event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,719 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Considering the team is in the World Series without its best hitter, losing Freddie would not be an extinction level event.
    I don't wanna lose FF, but if we replaced him with Seager, that might not be the worst thing

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't wanna lose FF, but if we replaced him with Seager, that might not be the worst thing
    I guess it depends who we would replace FF with. I'm not gonna worry about that until if it happens. Seager probably gets more money than Freeman though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Horsehide had a few Freeman-to-the-Astros suggestions back in 2015 or 2016, some of which were reasonable and some of which were conceptually outside the solar system. I remember one guy he really loved was A.J. Reed (all 275 pounds of him). I don't want to rip on Horsehide too much. He wanted a more radical rebuild and a case can be made that more dismantling could (and perhaps should) have been done. The team grew up in a hurry and projections are difficult.
    That’s all fine. The problem comes from whenever this team has struggled the past few years, HH has rolled into town wagging his finger and telling us that Braves are in baseball purgatory and bragging about how he told us so.

He’s a smug asshole, who also happened to be incredibly wrong, and always was. He deserves to be ridiculed.
    Last edited by CyYoung31; 10-24-2021 at 07:07 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (10-24-2021), Metaphysicist (10-25-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,995 Posts
    That’s all fine. The problem comes from whenever this team has struggled the past few years, HH has rolled into town wagging his finger and telling us that Braves are in baseball purgatory and bragging about how he told us so.

He’s a smug asshole, who also happened to be incredibly wrong, and always was. He deserves to be ridiculed.
    Exactly... now that the Braves are in the series, you can bet he won't show his face again until something goes wrong... its his style. Go away until he can say "I told you so"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,995 Posts
    I don't care if Rosario isn't a world beater like he was with us this year... I still want him back for a while. I love his energy. Being in North Dakota there are a ton of Twins fans here and they absolutely loved the guy. They hate the Braves but are excited to root for them just because Rosario is on the team. Even if he's just a bench player in the end, he needs to be on this team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The whole board should read about 25 pages of this thread, starting at page 58. It's humbling.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

PawPawMaxwell (10-25-2021)